LMoP [ooc]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I can provide an answer to the question about party level: 1st: The party members haven't even taken one (complete) long rest since the first combat in this adventure -- never mind the question of gaining enough XP to level up to 2nd, yet.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION],
[sblock=DM only please]
just to make sure: hobgoblin Kerg that is coming out with Yeemick is not the same king Klarg that Yeemick despises, right? I mean, I can talk about him allying with us or something without realizing this is THE king?
[/sblock]

mips42

Adventurer
My apologies, the 'abandoned' char is a Warlock, not a sorcerer.
Brief answers:
I encourage at least one post every couple of days but, fair warning, sometimes I can't post for two or three days due to work.
I prefer 'the story' over 'the game'. (hopefully that makes sense)
Generally speaking, I err on the side of reasonableness. If it seems reasonable that your character would see/hear/know/notice something, they do. No rolls required. I will NOT have you 1e a room.
If you'd like to Take on Ivan Karakov, Human male warlock, you are welcome to but, spoiler alert, this section is almost complete so, there will be a natural break where your own character could come in soon.
Party balance:
Garrett the rogue
Vottr the fighter
Eddicus the cleric
Leonen the Sorcerer
Ivan the warlock

PierceSG

First Post
Oh, don't mind Garrett not saying much in combat. He's a rogue and it is sort of a habit of sneaky characters being quiet when they want to backstab someone/something. :p

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION]: maybe perrin could seemlesly take over Ivan the warlock, exchange details for his own character (keep the name and description of course) and keep history/looks/party knowledge as if he was with us from the start?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I prefer 'the story' over 'the game'. (hopefully that makes sense)
Makes perfect sense to me. :) More and more I am looking at pure role-playing versus roll-playing, particularly for rules sets where I have less experience.

I don’t know about Warlocks (I would have to look into them more), but if Axel was looking to make something similar maybe reskinning Ivan would interest him more. I don’t mind deferring that choice to him.

After looking through the IC thread, it also looks Vottr is also abandoned too, yeah? With him down for the current fight, I can see that you would not need someone to run him for the short term. But my Dragonborn Paladin could make a viable replacement in the party once the section wraps up.
[sblock=Castagyr the Dragonborn Paladin]
FafnirAvatar.jpg

Character Name: Castagyr
Gender/Race: Male Dragonborn (Gold)
Class: Paladin
Role: Heavy Damage Dealing Melee, Leader

Character Sheet

Description:
Castagyr was a tall and muscular looking humanoid with golden scales. He walked upright on powerful looking legs, and his strong arms had claws at the end of his fingers. His eyes were blue and despite his fearsome looking dragon visage, there was a peaceful looking expression about it. There were several little horns about his head and eyes, the large ones on the top ticking straight back behind him. Despite looking like a dragon, he still wore the clothes and trappings of a typical humanoid person.

Personality:
Castagyr was a kind hearted and patience person at times. While most of his life he has been the physically strongest one around, he never had to prove it and instead was taught to be mentally strong instead. He believes in honor and keeping his word. He sees himself as a protector of the weak and defender of the innocent. He doesn't try to preach these beliefs, preferring instead to lead by example instead. However, he doesn't agree that evil can be redeemed and often feels that battle will be inevitable. For those he is not forgiving and will take it upon himself to be judge and executioner if necessary. He swore an Oath of Vengeance upon those tieflings that killed his family.

"Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood."

"It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine."

"My loyalty to my sovereign is unwavering."

"I too often hear veiled insults and threats in every word addressed to me, and I’m quick to anger."

Background:
Would need to be reworked based on the setting/campaign
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
If it helps make sure there's a minimum of disruption, I can take Ivan on. He's not a cardboard cutout character, so that works well. :)

mips42

Adventurer
Vottrs' player is reasonably active so I would not want to replace him unless I absolutely have to.
I am reasonably certain I can work in (or out) whatever character needed so, If you want to bring your own, I would not have a issue with that.
I f Axel wants to take on Ivan now AND Perrin wants to bring in someone new a bit later, I'm okay with that as well.
I found the rogues gallery thread and it is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?358740-Lost-mine-Rogue-Gallery

Neurotic, Leonen would know that in general, Hobgoblins tend to know common but, as Leonen has never met, seen or heard Kerg, he can't be positive...

Last edited:

Remove ads