D&D 5E DungeonScape (formerly known as Morningstar)

Thanks for the info Hobo, so please confirm the entire rulebooks that I purchase in DS will be able to sit down and read, in App/browser, in exactly the same way I can sit down and read a PDF on my electronic device or physical book. I am not asking if all the content will be there but I like reading rule books, that's how I learn the rules too, so I want to be able to sit down and read the DMG (for example) cover to cover. I can do this on DS?

My pleasure :) Sorry I was a little late to this party - I've been knee deep in Gen Con and haven't had my laptop at the ready.

Yes, the entire PHB, MM and DMG will be available through DungeonScape. I am not 100% on all of the artwork, but absolutely YES to all of the text.

fjw70

Adventurer
Yes - you will be able to build custom maps for your custom world and then share said maps and worlds with your friends. This will happen in the Forge release!

B-)B-)

During my last 4e campaign I decided to stop using the DDI tools and didn't really miss them that much. Now you guys are sucking me back into the digital tools thing. Well at least it doesn't sound like it will be a subscription model.

Thanks for the info.

drjones

Explorer
Sounding better and better Hobo. Out of curiosity, will there be any options for how character data is output in the initial or later releases? Will it be the standard 5e character sheet? I'm thinking about some of my newer players who started with 4e and would respond well to a similar format to the 4e ddi characters, ie power cards as a reminder of what actions they have to chose from.

Good luck with the project.

Ranes

Adventurer
Yes, the entire PHB, MM and DMG will be available through DungeonScape. I am not 100% on all of the artwork, but absolutely YES to all of the text.

Thanks for coming here to talk to us, Hobo. That assurance almost sells me on it (even if I never get around to running 5e).

The only hint of fly in the ointment is this, from your FAQ:

"At the moment, we’re only slating offline play for tablets (iOS and Android). We’ll be looking at solutions for PC/Web based on demand and how it fits with our other priorities."

I understand making mobile devices a priority but laptops are mobile, too. A native OS X version would absolutely seal the deal for me but I'd probably pass if my only option was web-based.

Loki-lie-Smith

Explorer
Anyone knows how soon after release it will be available on the Kindle Fire? (Considering Amazon runs its own store not associated with Goggle Play).

DM Howard

Explorer
The character generation tools look interesting, especially when I actually get to play I can just bring out my iPad. The DM tools I'm less excited about, and I may be only 25, but I still like my paper/binder system for campaign and adventure writing. If I needed a place for players to reference common knowledge then I can use Obsidian Portal. I'll certainly be interested in the character tools, but the rest gets a big "meh" from me.

Someone give me news about Dungeon and Dragon being re-released with a PoD option; THEN I'll really be excited.

rastus_burne

First Post
It sounds like a very useful tool for players and DM alike. It seems that is the direction the game is heading (and rightly so). In our games we're primarily using Drop Box for player handouts. There's something to be said for physical products (I would rather read a physical book for instance), but digital tools make life so much easier.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Say I'm running the DMs version or Forge version on my laptop at the table, while my players - or some of them - hav ethe Player version on their smartphone.

I've bought the Dungeonscape version of an adventure. We know that it will be easy to call up an image and show it to the players. So far so good, but handing around a laptop or asking the players to come behind the screen isn't my idea of easy or elegant.

Can I push the image the the players' devices as well? If that's the case I may be tempted to completely virtualize a D&D game.

Remove ads