D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
I'd be okay without any, to be honest. 5e is supposed to allow Theater of the Mind to be a viable option once again. We could also go super old school and sketch it out ourselves, maybe using a google spreadsheet or a file in a dropbox.

For instance, if you re-read this post without looking at the map, I think it's pretty clear. Granted, it's a pretty uncomplicated 10x10 antechamber, but the description is pretty clear. I think the only two things that aren't included in the description that could help with comprehension would be to state that:

1) We enter the antechamber from the north and
2) The hallway to the south runs east-west

I think both are implied in the description, but it would probably help if directional elements were included in those two cases.

Last edited:

Forged Fury said:
5e is supposed to allow Theater of the Mind to be a viable option once again. We could also go super old school and sketch it out ourselves, maybe using a google spreadsheet or a file in a dropbox.
I have to admit, this is super tempting to me. I adore mapping on paper for a tabletop. I detest it for PbP.

For now, I'll go with maps during combat and description the rest of the time. If one of you wants to step up as sketch artist extraordinaire and keep a map for the party, let me know. I'll create a DropBox file for us to use.

Forged Fury

First Post
I do a lot of the asset tracking for the Shadowrun games I play in, I think I can handle updating an Excel file as a map. Unless someone else wants to try it.

Forged Fury

First Post
Awesome. If you just want to create a DB Folder, I'll upload the Excel map and update it as we go along. Just need to figure out cartographic tools.

ETA: It will look a lot like the attached document.

EATA: Thinking a bit more about it. I can probably just screencap the map and post it as an image whenever we add to it. I don't know if we even need a DropBox for this.

EATA: Removed map for attachment space.

Last edited:

tuxgeo said:
Another possibility for dice rolls is the off-the-shelf "roll" tag on EN World itself.
Good points: (1) You can't reroll to try again, so it is secure. (2) It's right here, so you don't have to link to anywhere else.
Bad points: (1) It only works from the "Quick Reply" box, not the "Go Advanced" box. (2) You can't edit it: If you try to edit it, any further "Save" you make of that post will simply wipe out your entire roll. (Yes, this means you can't have colored text in your "roll" post.)

In the following, replace "(" with "[" and replace ")" with "]" -- without the double-quote marks of course:

Basic: (roll)XdY+Z(/roll) -- Example: 1d6+2
Named: (roll="Name")XdY+Z(/roll) -- Example: (roll="Attack")1d6+2(/roll)
View: (rollv)XdYbZ(/rollv) -- keeps the "Best" Z of the X dice. Example: 4d6b3 keeps the best 3 of 4d6.
Open: (rollo)XdY+Z(/rollo) -- rerolls and adds any dice that come up maximum. (Exploding dice.)
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I explored a bit with it earlier this evening.

Last edited:

Remove ads