D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

So THIS was a lot of text. Ugh.

You all will have to let me know what you make of that wall of text in the IC, whether you're ok with that level of description or if you prefer a map.

Rabbage

First Post
You described it really well, but I feel like I still would be making a map just to ensure that the other players and I weren't confused in each others actions and posts. For a dungeon crawl I suppose having a map in this format seems to be most important.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I tried to sketch a map based on the description, but my sketch figuratively crashed and burned: If the 80'-hallway is "flanked" by two 10'-wide hallways, isn't the whole length 80+10+10 = 100'?
Keeping it at 80' overall left me putting the fourth door within the width of the eastern 10'-wide hallway that goes to the south, thus:

Door 1 in the north wall of the east-west hallway is 5' wide; it's 35' from there to the antechamber; the southern door of the antechamber is 5' wide; door 4 is 30' farther to the east, and door 4 is 5' wide. That's the full 80' of the length of the hallway--but door 4 in on the south side of the east-west hallway, right where the 10-wide Branch 3 is.

I think I misunderstood the description.

Forged Fury

First Post
Sorry, I had an event tonight. Please check the attached map files and see if they correspond to what you intended.

Last edited:

Yup, you got it.

If we're going for verisimilitude, you might wind up with (slight?) mapping errors. If I recall correctly, back in my 2e days, my group used to make errors from time to time, and these errors would result in hilarity. I'm ok with that. Are you guys ok with that? There's no right answer. Say your piece; it'll help me manage expectations for this game.

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm fine with errors making their way into the map. Granted, Fulgrim is probably smarter than I am, so he might not make the same errors that I would, but it doesn't really bother me one way or the other.

I'm taking girl scouts camping this weekend. In the snow. Don't ask.

I'll return to posting on Monday. Can't get to the DropBox file until Monday, either. Hang tight.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I explored a bit with it earlier this evening.

You're quite welcome. I must admit I got a part of it wrong: I was able to add color to Guran's speech in a IC post with a [roll] tag, by typing the COLOR tags manually. (I had saved the hexadecimal code for the Medium Blue ("0000CD") color that Guran's speech was using in a text file.)

On a further note: enjoy and survive the camping weekend. :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
On a much more silly note. I appeared to have forgotten to purchase a holy symbol when i redid my inventory. Would you care ever so much if I ret-conned the purchase and took out the gold? If not I also think that is hilarious in the good way =P

No problem. Go ahead and do that. Or use Guran's. Po-tayto, po-tahto. :p

With CB gone camping this weekend, that leaves plenty of time for Rabbage to include a holy symbol of Torm in Meriene's inventory in the RG thread, considering that the absence of a holy symbol was the player's doing, not the character's.

Edit to add: Looking ahead, we might run low on torches. Neither Fulgrim nor Meriene has the "Light" or the "Dancing Lights" cantrip, so illumination may become a problem for non-dwarves. If the party makes it to level 2, it might be possible--if multiclassing is allowed in this adventure--either for Eldon to MC into Wizard (with his INT 14) or for Guran to MC into Cleric (with his WIS 13), and take the "Light" cantrip to keep going. (Or maybe we're not even counting torches. Just thinking ahead, here.)

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
We might be okay for light for the time being. By my count, we have 40 hours of torches and another 12 hours of hooded lantern oil. Since there are sconces for torches, there might also still be a stockpile inside Stonefast. We should probably readdress it once we've been here a day or so.

Remove ads