D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury said:
OK, I don't think I can add door numbers w/o cluttering up the map, but I can do room number assuming we're okay without any real detail in the room (in larger rooms, I can probably add some detail, but 2x2s don't really allow for it). I've attached the updated map below.

Also, I think Fulgrin's Detect Magic is still up. Anything in Antechamber 2 glowing?
Thanks for the prompt re: detect magic. I'll address that later tonight. Thanks, especially, for your enthusiasm in mapping. I'm very grateful. Include what you can and we won't worry about the remainder.

IC updated to reflect Fulgrim's detect magic. I double-checked the spell entry in the 5e pdf and just want to reiterate that it takes a foot of stone to block the spell, or a thin sheet of lead, or 1" of metal, or 3' of dirt or wood.

Fulgrim probably needs to somehow make this recognition on his own in the IC thread, but I wanted to let you, the player, know that the walls are sufficient to block detect magic, but some magical aura is likely to seep through most doors in this dungeon. Just an FYI. I'll let you roleplay the discovery as you see fit.

Roscoe High-hill

Roscoe High-hill — Level 1
Ability scores: STR: 15 (+2) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 8 (-1) WIS: 9 (-1) CHA: 13 (+1)
Saving throws: STR: +4 DEX: +3 CON:Stout Halfling Barbarian +4 INT: -1 WIS: -1 CHA: +1
Initiative: +3 Speed: 25 Passive perception: 9 Size: Small Proficiency bonus: +2

Hit points: 14 Hit dice: 1d12
Armor: None
AC: 15

BASICS
Name: Roscoe High-hill
CG Male Stout Halfling Barbarian 1
Background: Outlander (Hunter-gatherer)
Hit Points: 14 (1d12 Hit Dice)
AC: 17 (Unarmored Defense[10+Con] + Dex + Shield)
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 9
Experience: 0

CHARACTERIZATION
Traits: I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn to my clan of an approaching orc horde. I’d do it again if I had to. I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal: Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic).
Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants.

ATTRIBUTES
STR: 15 (+2) ; DEX: 16 (+3) ; CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 8 (-1) ; WIS: 9 (-1) ; CHA: 13 (+1)

SAVING THROWS:
STR: +4 DEX: +3 CON: +4 INT: -1 WIS: -1 CHA: +1

PROFICIENCY
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Armor: Light and medium armor, shields.
Weapons: simple and martial weapons
Tools: Bagpipes
Languages: Halfling, Common, Elvish
Saving Throws: Con and Str
Proficient Skills: Athletics +4, Intimidation +3, Nature +1, Survival +1
Non-proficient skills: Acrobatics +3, Animal Handling -1, Arcana -1, Deception +1, History -1, Insight -1, Investigation -1, Medicine -1, Perception -1, Perform +1, Persuasion +1, Religion -1, Sleight of Hand +3, Stealth +3

RACE
Size: Small
Speed: 25 feet
Lucky - reroll a natural '1'
Brave - advantage on saving throws vs. being frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness - You can move through the space o f any creature that is o f a size larger than yours
Stout Resilience - advantage on saving throws vs. poison, and you have resistance vs. poison damage.

CLASS
Rage (2 Rages, +2 damage) - resistance to damage, advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
Unarmored Defense - w/o add CON mod to the AC.

EQUIPMENT (wealth=48gp)
Shield, 4 Javelins (Thrown 30/120, 1d6), Short sword (Finesse, 1d6)
Explorer's pack, Hunting trap, Animal trophy (Deer), Traveler's clothes.

Last edited:

Hi all, I began to read the IC thread and I spotted an error as to how you use your magic.
You can't cast guidance 5 times in a row for each of the party members since guidance requires concentration - when you cast the first guidance you need to concentrate for the whole time of the spell and if you decide to cast another spell that requires concentration than you break concentration on the last previous - no two concentration spell on the same time ...

I quote from the PHB (Page 203)
"Casting another spell that requires concentration.
You lose concentration on a spell if you cast another
spell that requires concentration. You can’t concentrate
on two spells at once."

Last edited:

Hi all, I began to read the IC thread and I spotted an error as to how you use your magic.
You can't cast guidance 5 times in a row for each of the party members since guidance requires concentration - when you cast the first guidance you need to concentrate for the whole time of the spell and if you decide to cast another spell that requires concentration than you break concentration on the last previous - no two concentration spell on the same time ...

I quote from the PHB (Page 203)
"Casting another spell that requires concentration.
You lose concentration on a spell if you cast another
spell that requires concentration. You can’t concentrate
on two spells at once."
Thank you for pointing this out. We have already had a discussion here in the OOC about Meriene's 5x casting of guidance. The upshot of that discussion is that since the group wasn't on initiative and the context of the situation indicated that there was time to spare, I didn't call for iterative castings of guidance.

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Roscoe High-hill — Level 1
Speed: 25

AC: 17 (Unarmored Defense[10+Con] + Dex + Shield)

Tools: Bagpipes

Unarmored Defense - w/o ass CON mod to the AC.

Animal trophy (Deer)

[MENTION=24609]Strahd_Von_Zarovich[/MENTION], I skimmed your character sheet and have questions. If I've listed an item in the quoted text above, that means I need more info.

First, I need you to please PM me about Barbarian from the 5e PHB. I don't own the PHB and am working with the free rules .pdf, so you and I need to touch base with one another about what Barbarian grants your PC. One thing that caught my eye was your character's speed...25 is the base speed for a Halfling, but I am wondering if 5e Bbn grants a PC additional speed.

Second, I need to know what unarmored defense grants Roscoe. Unarmored defense isn't in the .pdf.

Third, do the bagpipes grant a particular bonus? And is Roscoe currently walking around with a deer animal trophy?

I quote:
"U n a r m o r e d D e f e n s e - While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit."

bagpipes - Just prof bonus - it's a tool like herbalist kit and etc..
The deer trophy is just a piece of equipment - no special bonus, a flavor for the hunter background.

No extra movement for the Barbarian.

Just tell me where to post him - I will check for RG thread.

Forged Fury

First Post
Two quick questions:

1) Are there any writing implements present on the pedestal? Might as well add our names, LOL.
2) Do the visible pages appear to be the last pages of the book, as far as I can tell? In other words, does the list end somewhere partway down the page? I guess the last entries could have filled up the end of a page, but I wanted to check before flipping through it.

There are no writing implements. The book is opened somewhere near the beginning of the pages, although there are enough pages flipped that the front cover and first few pages are weighted down in the open position. The two pages that Fulgrim sees are completely filled with names, twenty-five names to a page. The script is the same for all the names on both pages, leading Fulgrim to believe that someone (a dwarf?) served as recorder. If the harried mithril-leafing of the tome's pages is anything to go by, all the pages in the book seem to be written on.

Remove ads