D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

[MENTION=24609]Strahd_Von_Zarovich[/MENTION], make a character that meshes with the party using either the basic rules .pdf or the actual 5e rulebook (your choice), and post it in the RG. There should be a link to the RG in the first post of this thread. You're the reason I started this game, so it only makes sense to include you.
[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION], I'm appreciative of your .xls maps. Any chance you can number the doors and rooms for ease of reference? If this isn't (easily) possible, don't worry about it. I do NOT want to cause a hassle for my volunteer.

HoJo

First Post
[sblock=Eldon]So, I had to educate myself on how one picks locks and finds traps in 5e. I hope I've done it correctly. It's a Wisdom (Perception) check to find a trap or a secret door, and Dexterity to pick a lock or disable a trap. Eldon's Wisdom of 8 means his ability check to find a secret door or a trap would go at -1, save that he gets a +2 proficiency bonus for some things (Acrobatics, Deception, Perception, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth...none of which are at issue here while Eldon is searching for secret doors and traps). Eldon's +2 proficiency bonus would, however, turn into a +4 bonus if he were called upon to use Thieves' Tools (to pick a lock or disable a trap, I surmise). So...I get Wisdom (Perception) -1 to find traps and secret doors, and Dexterity +7 if Eldon uses his tools to pick a locked door or disable a trap. Oh, I also note that Eldon is Lucky and gets to re-roll a 1 on an attack, ability check, or save. Let me know what I fubar'ed on that.[/sblock]

Rogue's get a class feature called Expertise. This allows them to select two skill proficiencies (or one skill proficiency and thieves' tools) and double their proficiency bonus for both of them. I selected perception and thieves' tools for this ability. That is why my bonus is +3.

Forged Fury

First Post
@Forged Fury, I'm appreciative of your .xls maps. Any chance you can number the doors and rooms for ease of reference? If this isn't (easily) possible, don't worry about it. I do NOT want to cause a hassle for my volunteer.

I can probably number the rooms... not sure about the doors. My skill with excel is more number-crunching than map making. Let me see what I can do.

ETA: OK, I don't think I can add door numbers w/o cluttering up the map, but I can do room number assuming we're okay without any real detail in the room (in larger rooms, I can probably add some detail, but 2x2s don't really allow for it). I've attached the updated map below.

Also, I think Fulgrin's Detect Magic is still up. Anything in Antechamber 2 glowing?

Last edited:

Rogue's get a class feature called Expertise. This allows them to s. ect two skill proficiencies (or one skill proficiency and thieves' tools) and double their proficiency bonus for both of them. I selected perception and thieves' tools for this ability. That is why my bonus is +3.
For a Dex ability check for which Eldon could use Expertise wouldn't his check go at +7? A Wisdom check for which he could use Expertise would go at +3? And a Wisdom check without expertise would go at either -1 or + 1, depending on whether the +2 proficiency bonus applied, right?

HoJo

First Post
For a Dex ability check for which Eldon could use Expertise wouldn't his check go at +7? A Wisdom check for which he could use Expertise would go at +3? And a Wisdom check without expertise would go at either -1 or + 1, depending on whether the +2 proficiency bonus applied, right?
Yes

For those of you struggling with intermittent access to Invisible Castle's online die roller, I recommend you either 1) try out EN World's in-post die roller; or 2) check out Orokos.com. The latter has a die roller that I have yet to see be unavailable. It's a VERY simple interface for those of us who may be technology-challenged or just plain lazy (I know I fall into the latter category very regularly).

If you lot are unable to provide a link to an online die roll, then please go ahead and include in your IC post/s the name of the check you want your PC to make and what the check should go at, and I'll do the rolling and posting for you. I prefer players retain ownership of their characters and do the dice rolling, but when that isn't possible, I am happy to fill in.

Forged Fury

First Post
OK, I added a second tab to the map which is ostensibly Fulgrim's Journal. He's cataloging the contents of each room as they are revealed, the room numbers corresponding to the journal entries.

Last edited:

[MENTION=24609]Strahd_Von_Zarovich[/MENTION], make a character that meshes with the party using either the basic rules .pdf or the actual 5e rulebook (your choice), and post it in the RG. There should be a link to the RG in the first post of this thread. You're the reason I started this game, so it only makes sense to include you.
Great, I'll go over what you wrote and already played. :)

CB - I own the PHB, I think that I will prepare something from there ...

Last edited:

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
I own the PHB, I think that I will prepare something from there ...
No problem, but be prepared to educate me on details if you use something from the PHB not included in the basic rules .pdf. I should also re-caveat that I started this game with the purpose of familiarizing myself with the 5e rules, so I'm apt to make errors and have questions. I'm sure this is not a problem for you, but wanted you to know so you go in "eyes wide open."

Remove ads