Is there a way to get a Kelemvor Cert?

warfteiner

First Post
I too had a small number of them and, like Travis, gave them away to specific recipients (hugely excited players, people that did amazing things in-game, etc). Now, if you're in the midwest and wanna check out small local shows... I may be there. My usual haunts:

Winter Fantasy (February) - Fort Wayne, IN
LinksCon (my own mini-show; May) - Fowlerville, MI
Gen Con (August) - Indianapolis, IN
Grand Con (September) - Grand Rapids, MI
U-Con (November) - Ann Arbor, MI

This year I'll also be attending GaymerX in San Jose in December. It's a heck of a flight, but my wife and I haven't been to California before... and this seems like a great reason to go! I can't promise certs of any specific type, but you never know what promos I may have with me ;)

I don't want to derail the thread any further, but any chance of providing images of what authentic con certs look like? Since the sale of certs doesn't look to be discouraged by the administration, it would behoove those of us on the ground to know what authentic certs look like.

As for disallowing players from using them at AL tables, the ALPG already empowers DMs to disallow questionable PCs. If I'm questioning the authenticity of the con cert, then I can state that said PC can't be used at my table. I don't want to disallow PCs, but I also want to make sure that all certs shown to me are 100% legit. I've only seen a con cert once in person, and it looked similar to the normal certs but with a white border around it.

Sure, go look at some of the certs in the Certs for Sam charity auction: https://www.facebook.com/ColdIronConventions
Having looked at those certs, I'm now starting to think the con cert I saw was indeed a counterfeit. Pictures of the con certs should be made available to AL DMs to make sure that they are legit. If you had pics of the Death Domain and Aasimar certs, that would be useful. The further we get removed from their release, the more likely that forgeries will appear. Having a definitive guide to legit certs should be enough to nip that problem in the bud before it begins.

kalani

First Post

The two coordinator certs (item of elemental affinity and underdark trade token) are printed on a different type of card stock and look fake even when legit (I have both). They were awarded to Local Coordinators who participated in the Season 2 and 3 Pregen Character contests.

The con certs are on the same kind of card stock as expeditions:encounters certs but are frequently much larger (as shown in the pic).

Albinonewt

First Post
I too had a small number of them and, like Travis, gave them away to specific recipients (hugely excited players, people that did amazing things in-game, etc). Now, if you're in the midwest and wanna check out small local shows... I may be there. My usual haunts:

Winter Fantasy (February) - Fort Wayne, IN
LinksCon (my own mini-show; May) - Fowlerville, MI
Gen Con (August) - Indianapolis, IN
Grand Con (September) - Grand Rapids, MI
U-Con (November) - Ann Arbor, MI

At a minimum I'll be going to Winter Fantasy and GenCon. I love going to local shows around the country that have games, so maybe I'll hit up one of the other ones.

warfteiner

First Post
Right on! If you're on the road and in my neck of the woods, look me up. Even outside of the listed shows I may be able to direct you to some local gaming goodness here in Michigan.

RCanine

First Post
The problem is with the entire concept of certs, and the idea that the only way to get them is to bribe / harass / seduce an AL Admin. Or be one, I guess.

Remove ads