D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Figured it was probably that he was still settling into the new place. DMing I'm sure takes more time and energy than playing. Just really wanted to check in.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, let's open a dialogue. We've stalled. Or at least, I've stalled. I'm in the process of whittling away the games that I'm currently in, because of life reasons.

I'm finding that I have less and less energy to come up with my own material, and find that I want to play and run prewritten adventures more. It's just less work.

Thing is, I don't really want to stop this game or my Undead Apocalypse game. I don't want to stop this one because you all have invested so much into it, and are just now level 1! The game was supposed to kick off here.

I don't want to stop the Undead Apocalypse because id like to write it as it's own campaign book one day, and I need to run it to see if it works.

However, I need to lower my workload.

So here is what I was thinking. I have Tales from the Yawning Portal. What do you guys think of running through that book? It's set up so each Adventure is self contained, but as far as what level they are for, they go in sequential order. So the first Adventure will take you from first to third, and the second starts at third and so forth. I might even steel things from other Adventures if it fits well enough.

I would need to change a few things. I'm thinking instead of each level represents a year, each Adventure represents a year. As in, after each Adventure in the book, we'd advance a year and you will all have a chance to spend the downtime however you wish. The Academy would basically be your home base.

This way, there will also be a lot of valuable loot to get and I don't have to think of it myself. Your personal items will still grow with you, but at a slower rate.

What do y'all think? Are you interested enough in these characters to keep going?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

I'm fine with that. It's not like we (the players) would know the difference unless we're familiar with the adventure in question :) If you didn't say anything, I wouldn't know it wasn't your material.

Keep us going. That said, I'd rather have a clean break than slow dying out. So if you notice it's not working, let us know.

Remove ads