Tales from the Yawning Portal: QUESTION:

Balfore

Explorer
SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW:

PAGE 133, ROOM 32 WIZARD'S COURT
*Stepped Monument*
It says "the monument amplifies magic in the courtyard" and later "...improves spellcasting capabilities...", yet, I see nothing about 'how' the casters in this room get the buff.
Unless I'm missing it somewhere.
There are obvious apprentices kneeling, and should get the buff, as well as the Necromancer that comes in from area 31 and the Evoker who is already present in the room.

What and where are the buffs, OR, how would you amplify these casters?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jasper

Rotten DM
This the Dead in Thay chapter.
My people skipped this room. But off the cuff. The Npcs are not affected by the room special modifier. I called Lair actions. I would do some of the following depend in how strong or how evil I am.
Players roll with disadvantage on spells.
Spell damage dice reroll 1 and 2s.
Mage armor always on npcs
Choose 1 or 2 spells from the spell caster list and caster gets 1 casting free or 1 extra spell slot. Ex. Thayan Apprentice page 245 has 2nd level 3 slots blur, scorching ray. Change it to 4 slots.
Evil
Bump the Spell casting ability by one level of spells. Thayan Apprentice get one third level spell. But this would bump the challenge rating up.

You may want to post in the 5E forum if you have more hard cover questions.

Balfore

Explorer
This the Dead in Thay chapter.
My people skipped this room. But off the cuff. The Npcs are not affected by the room special modifier. I called Lair actions. I would do some of the following depend in how strong or how evil I am.
Players roll with disadvantage on spells.
Spell damage dice reroll 1 and 2s.
Mage armor always on npcs
Choose 1 or 2 spells from the spell caster list and caster gets 1 casting free or 1 extra spell slot. Ex. Thayan Apprentice page 245 has 2nd level 3 slots blur, scorching ray. Change it to 4 slots.
Evil
Bump the Spell casting ability by one level of spells. Thayan Apprentice get one third level spell. But this would bump the challenge rating up.

You may want to post in the 5E forum if you have more hard cover questions.
How can I move this post to the 5e forum?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Remove ads