[AU] Butterfly Cage

Erekose13

Explorer
*Scinathar walks almost in a trance to the center of the grove. It is drawn to the shimmering blade of ice sitting on top of the glass bowl. It stops, admiring the perfect nature of the sword. Surely this and the other blades here must be the definition of arcane power, it thinks.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The woman is trailing slowly behind the party, cradling her broken and shattered arm. When she sees the three swords on the pedastal, she gasps in amazement.*

*Connor, this is a witchery site of immense and ancient power, and it must have been dorment for dozens if not hundreds of years. There are only the faintest wisps of tales about a witchery site in this part of the world, so it must have passed out of the memories of the living a very long time ago. You would also think that because of the inscription above the door, and the nature of this place, that this site was meant to aid the natural world in some way.*

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I wonder... doesn't a witch's blade disappear when it loses contact with the witch? Why are these three still here?"
Galen steps closer to the blades, eyeing them. Then, slowly, he extends his hand for the blade of swirling winds.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Scinathar and Galen reach for the blades of ice and wind simultaneously, scaled and and pale flesh closing over their hilts. Galen feels a great rush of wind come up from under his feet, seeming to blow through him, his hair blowing straight up. Those of you watching can see that a ghost of the wind blade seems to merge into his body. Scinathar feels an immense rush of cold, as if it had plunged into an icy river. Yet even with the cold, it feels no pain, only the great power of the blizzard and the ice storm. The others can see a ghost of the ice blade seeming to merge into his body, as icicles form and hang from his hands.*

WizWrm

First Post
Sanje's eyes widen. "That was perhaps not a wise idea. Nevertheless, it has been done. Shall we examine this place further, or return to Javdak and report what we have seen? If so, does someone wish to take the third blade?" He shows no interest in doing so himself.

Jaik

First Post
Entranced by the wonder of this indoor wilderness, Mochor is slow to notice Scinathar reaching for the ice blade. Too late, Mochor lunges to stop the Mojh from grasping the sword. He freezes in shock, then relaxes tentatively as Scinathar appears to be unharmed.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor Loresong Magister 1 HP: 3/7 AC: 13

"This place seems ancient, and heavy with power," Connor said. "I don't remember anything in my studies about a site such as this in this area, so it must have been dormant for quite a while. From the inscription and the way this place is, I'm thinking it was meant to aid the natural world in some way."

Throughout connor's entire speech his paced with his head down, deep in thought. When he looked up again, two blades were missing and Scinathar and Galen look different briefly.

"What just happened?" Connor said, then quickly added, "and, are you alright? Hey, where did the blades go?"

Connor leaned closer to look at the final blade remaining, and will ggrab it unless stopped by one of his companions.

WizWrm

First Post
"'Deepstorm aids only the land,' might be a warning, then, that only the natural world can truly benefit from this place's power."

OOC: They're still holding the blades, unless I'm mistaken. It was just an image of the blade that merged with them.

Last edited:

Remove ads