[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmm... honestly Bro, I'm not sure if a bugbear would work in this game. The Black Butterfly generally doesn't hire individuals that can't move reasonably freely in society. A bugbear might a kind of auxilliry member, but... ya know?

As for trust, there would be a level of professional trust at least, as well as probably a substantial bonus for not killing other members of the organization. I'm not saying there won't be a bit of back-stabbing and double-crossing every now and then, but I'd rather that not be the main focus of the story. As I said in the first post, no psychopaths need apply. ;)

Wrahn

First Post
I have a couple of questions:

Are Zenythri (lawful Plane-touched from MM2) okay for the game

and are outsiders considered living. I am pretty sure they are effected by things like Destructions, which would indicate they are living, but there is that question in my mind. Why it is relevent is I am thinking of being a Soul Eater from the BoVD.

Also there are some feats from the back of the 3.5 Monster manual that I would like for you to look at (specfically the one that allows you to do more damage with natural attacks)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ray Silver said:
Hmm... honestly Bro, I'm not sure if a bugbear would work in this game. The Black Butterfly generally doesn't hire individuals that can't move reasonably freely in society. A bugbear might a kind of auxilliry member, but... ya know?
Exactly… :) Any chance you got the email?

My real idea and character concept is much more sociable. :D

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Wrahn, the Zenythri I would not allow, I'm afraid. The two planes that Low'verok isn't very well connected with as a whole are the truly lawful and truly chaotic. Perhaps one of the genasi listed in the first post might be to your liking?

Outsiders are indeed considered living. And I may possibly consider some of the 3.5 MM feats. Which ones specifically (with page numbers), so I may look over them?

Bro - Just got your e-mail, and am responding now.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ray, cool I should have told you before hand that I was doing that. :) Also I'm thinking about my bonded weapon being a scourge if you catch my drift. ;) Of course I need stats for the weapon and I'm not having much luck so far.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
From FRCS pg. 97 - Scourge - Multitailed, barbed whip. Often dipped in poison. +2 bonus on disarm attempts. You can use it to make trip attacks. Medium weapon, 1d8/x2/2lbs/S

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Couple technical/rules-y questions pertaining to shapeshifting.

From what I can tell, the 3.0 edition lycanthrope's change is functionally like a polymorph spell. Equipment that a new form could wield changes with the form. Equipment that the new form could not use melds into the body. In 3.5 (which I presume the Dragon classes are based on), lycanthropes destroy clothing and armor they are wearing and all other equipment drops upon transformation. Considerable difference in how this plays for a PC lycanthrope.

To accomodate this (either way, really), I may need to make some stretches when it comes to magic items. Perhaps a collar/necklace that could be worn in each form. This might be about the only slot that could work in this manner. I was also thinking about possibly having some magical tattoos...something that could be activated once a day, casting a spell-like effect on the character and is available in all forms. Ray, I've seen you come up with some clever and inventive magic items. Perhaps you could think on this and come up with something else.

Minor request - The class progression dictates that the first three feats the weretiger gets should be Alertness, Improved Natural Attack (claw), and Improved Natural Attack (bite). For one thing, I can't find this "Improved Natural Attack" anywhere. I'm assuming it gives +1 to attack rolls, but that could be wrong. Second, it says these may be substituted out for an alternative. I was thinking of exchanging the (bite) feat for Multiattack if that's okay.

I'll probably come up with some more questions, but that's a good start. Hits the major points, anyway.

Thanks!

Wrahn

First Post
From the 3.5 SRD
IMPROVED NATURAL ATTACK [GENERAL]
Prerequisite: Natural weapon, base attack bonus +4.
Benefit: Choose one of the creature’s natural attack forms. The damage for this natural weapon increases by one step, as if the creature’s size had increased by one category: 1d2, 1d3, 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d6, 3d6, 4d6, 6d6, 8d6, 12d6.
A weapon or attack that deals 1d10 points of damage increases as follows: 1d10, 2d8, 3d8, 4d8, 6d8, 8d8, 12d8

which is the specific feat I also wanted.

Last edited:

Remove ads