[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Bro - WF on the scourge is a go. It seems that delicately and carefully twisting the scourge to rip and score the maximum amount of flesh seems to be related to Dex...

As for the pun, oh boy... Just be glad you're not in my face-to-face group. When people start punning, I start throwing dice. :p

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ray Silver said:
As for the pun, oh boy... Just be glad you're not in my face-to-face group. When people start punning, I start throwing dice. :p
Well I have a few states to protect me so I'll keep that in mind... :p

Cool thanks for ruling in my favor. I almost cried when I had to use the exotic weapon feat. :)

Oh yeah and I have Song and Dance err silence so I'll use that table. :)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Two more things:

If anyone wants to have one of the fetishes or addictions from page 10 of the BoVD, then feel free.

And somewhere in your character background please indicate both your speciality of criminality, and what types of jobs you've done for The Black Butterfly in the past. At level 12 you're all pretty much well-established and well-regarded (in your way) in the criminal communities. However, do note that none of you has actually seen The Black Butterfly. His underlings yes, his higher-ranking liutenents, probably, but him, never.

If anyone has chosen some kind of addiction for their character, they could have worked partially for drugs and partially for money. It's not uncommon among those in the Butterfly's employ.

Oh, and I'm going to edit the first post, but if anyone wants to use some stuff from Lords of Darkness, you may. I just remembered I had the silly thing...

And I've also edited the first post to include some less-than-legal guilds.

Last edited:

Galbraith

First Post
I'm still knocking around a couple of character ideas. I have put pen to paper on an archer and a sorcerer. Archer is pretty much a straight-up human fighter who just went the "pointy stick" route. He could take the wing off of a fly at 165'. The sorcerer is a multiclass with demonologist from BOVD. I have only seen Bro's and Rybaer's character ideas and I am soliciting opinions from the rest. Anyone have their heart set on a type of character? I went with archer and sorcerer since it looks like we have two melee characters already.

Ray - If I go with the archer the feats and magic items are pretty straightforward. I created a +2 Mighty Composite Vile Longbow for him to use using DMG rules and BOVD Vile Weapon power. Is that cool? (Weapon has effective +3 level due to +2 and +1 for Vile power. 18k gp value for bonuses) How do you want us to submit our magical "wish list" to you?

Galbraith

First Post
Well, Ray, when I use it then it is DAMN MIGHTY!!!

I went with +2 for strength on the bow. So, +2 longbow with d8 +1 vile and +2 strength damage.

I'll try to have him posted by Monday night.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Galbraith, I don't wont to give any clues to my character so I'm not going to be much help, but I'm mainly melee.

My race, and class combination should be... unique. :cool:

Galbraith

First Post
Okay, so here I sit at work, in the middle of the night with all the computers systems in a 2am "upgrade" during the time change... "What to do?" I say to myself. Re-read the game description. And my reaction to Ray's world is two fold.

This looks really neat... He put a lot of work into this...

and

CRAP! :eek: Elementals... Arrows don't do much against them. Right now I am looking at +20/+20/+15/+10 on my attacks with d8 +7 for each hit. Damage reduction is a real kicker, here... I don't know if I'll get through it. For my personal happiness, and character playability, I was wondering if Ray could hint about this being a big deal or not. If we fight them once in a while, cool. I can deal with that. But if it is Air Elementals standing in front of Fire Elementals standing in front of Earth Ele... well, you get my point.

Elemental Heavy World - I might switch to sorcerer
"Not a big deal" - I'll stick with the Archer.

I'm very glad I re-read it. I used a 34 point buy, not 32. Gotta go refigure a few things... :mad:

Corinthi

First Post
Galbraith said:
Anyone have their heart set on a type of character?

My character is a Cancer Mage, think sneaky type with a handful of eceletic skills. Sort or an infilitrator, sort of an Assassin, not a spellcaster. He's by no means a powerhouse, but is most /assuredly/ vile. I'm going to post him in the gallery once I work out the kinks.

Remove ads