D&D General Welcome Thread

khouji

First Post
Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.

Sharrukin

First Post
Sharrukin here. Been a tabletop gamer for close to forty years. Did some writing and editorial work for the industry back in the nineties and oughts, then real life caught up with me. It's probably been a decade since the last time I sat down with books and dice and actually played D&D, Traveller, or GURPS. Still an occasional freelance writer, fiction author, and world-builder. Still interested in the games, even if I don't have the time or the social contacts to play them very much. I've been looking for new forums to hang out in, so here I am.

660feet

First Post
Howdy, y'all. Somehow both a long-time player and a newbie (had a lot of on and off periods), but this past year I've finally gotten into the swing of things and am giving it my all. I've been working on developing homebrew monsters for D&D, expansive worlds and campaigns to play in, and a handful of half-thought/half-baked original RPG ideas. A DM and a player, though I haven't had much luck as the second--not a lot of folks to DM in my area and those I've been around I haven't enjoyed much. Joining here to look at homebrew stuff mainly!

Hello, everyone!

My name is Ashley May, and I'm excited to be stepping into the world of writing content for D&D 5e through DM's Guild, and also publishing some OGL content. I've been roleplaying in one format or another for around 20 years, so while I feel like I'm a relative newcomer to 5e itself, I'm no stranger to inventing spells and items, creating plot hooks, and devising new uses for existing systems.

Right now I'm working on a project that I hope to post shortly on DM's Guild. What originally started as a list of plot hooks and a writing guide for building "The Hangover" style adventures for your D&D party, has spun out of control into a new optional Inebriation & Fortitude system, dialogues on what cultures and races produce what kinds of alcohol, lists of fantasy mixed drinks (do you prefer your Dry Mephitini shaken or stirred?) etc. I'm currently working on finding artwork for the book to give it a professional look, but I hope to have it hitting the DM's Guild in a week or two.

I'm looking forward to posting here more, becoming a better DM, bringing better content to my players, and beginning to write my own full-fledged adventure modules!

Last edited:

jiriku

First Post
Hi peepz. Used to hang out on Giant in the Playground and talk about 3.5, but a college degree ate my life for five years and now the game has moved on. Going to spend some time here to get my 5e legs and get back into things again now that I've graduated.

SMDGuy

First Post
I have been away form DnD for 20ish years, but looking to get back into it. I have never played online but it's something I might try. I would prefer a local group near where I live in southern Maryland, but that may be a long shot. Hoping this forum can help me get back into the game a connect with other with the same interest.

Remove ads