D&D General Welcome Thread

xeromage

Villager
Howdy! I am here to seek out a game/group that I can be more in-tune with. I've had terrible luck with my local DMs who've been more interested in controlling people and extracting favors than in creating something fun together. I feel like having screens between people might take some of those negative aspects out of the experience? Or at least save me some gas money... anyway, hit me up if you think i'd be a good fit for your game!

zhivik

Explorer
Hello, everyone! I am new to D&D though I have been involved in various RPGs, mostly World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness and Shadowrun thus far. However, courtesy of Critical Role I now consider myself a D&D fan and I'm looking forward to exchange ideas and experience with this very lively and friendly community.

Nerditorium

First Post
Hello, I am the Nerditorium. Nerditorium is the name of my room where I keep all my collectibles. I have been playing D&D for almost 20 years, though I had a slump for many years where I couldn't find players. I also like Call of Cthulhu, Fiasco, and have been wanting to try out Narrative/Story games. But D&D is my main focus. I became excited for the game again after watching the Runehammer channel on Youtube last year, and with the announcement of Tomb of Annihilation.

I also recently started a Youtube channel under the same name where I plan to discuss D&D, and give some of my insight after playing the game for so many years. Its under the same name.

I've already been posting here for the past few days, then realized there was a Welcome Thread, so just dropping in to say, "Hello, everybody!"

Hello Everyone!! I was a long time lurker of this site, and I have made the jump into actually being apart of the community!! I love playing 5th Ed, and starting to get into the art of being a DM!!

nickostopheles

First Post
Hey, I'm Nick. Just joined, obviously. Been playing off/on for 30 years, many systems. I'm trying to get back in it and bringing my wife with (although not here, just to live games).

Starting with D&D 5E because my wife is a newb and it is pretty good to ease her in to how this stuff works. Also, 90% of findable live games locally are D&D 5E.

Breaking back in slow and steady for now and I'm using enworld to just look at what the RPG field is like these days, the news, what people think, blah blah blah.

I'm more into story/character than mechanics/tactics. I like multiple genres, but I'm in the mood for more optimistic settings these days. I like cross-genre stuff, over the top unrealistic battles (ala cartoons/anime, superhero movies, and wire kung fu movies), and lots of imagination. I really like sometimes surreal mysterious exploration vibes ala Twin Peaks, LOST, X-Files, Fringe maybe mixed with Indiana Jones. I am never interested in playing/GMing evil characters (although GMing one evil one in a good group can be interesting). I am not interested in political power games ala Game of Thrones. I already see a pessimistic world run almost entirely by sociopaths, thank you very much. If I want that I'll just watch the news or read a history book.

I actually filled out my profile decently which has some more data.

Werd.

Remove ads