Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero4hire

Explorer
So far only Salix's adventures had anything to do with eachother.

I am pretty sure "Quake your Booty" was the 1st adventure run here.
Then:
"Help Wanted: Exterminators"
"Antiques Roadshow"
"Ionian Dreams" (still in progress)
"The Great Iridium Con" (still in progress)
"FFM Demonstration"
"From the Bowels of Philadelphia"
"Stolen University" (still in progress)

Shadowdragon

Explorer
hero4hire said:
So far only Salix's adventures had anything to do with eachother.

I am pretty sure "Quake your Booty" was the 1st adventure run here.
Then:
"Help Wanted: Exterminators"
"Antiques Roadshow"
"Ionian Dreams" (still in progress)
"The Great Iridium Con" (still in progress)
"FFM Demonstration"
"From the Bowels of Philadelphia"
"Stolen University" (still in progress)

Cool, thanks. Can't wait to check them out :)

Bront

The man with the probe
That's pretty much the order I thought they were in.

Salix, I need a timeline for Help Wanted and Antiques Roadshow for the Timeline thread :)

Salix

First Post
Bront said:
That's pretty much the order I thought they were in.

Salix, I need a timeline for Help Wanted and Antiques Roadshow for the Timeline thread :)
I'll try to get something by the end of the week. I got caught in Nebraska for a few days because Iowa was completely shut down. After the hotel booted me out (Hoopsmania, thier biggest weekend of the year), I improvised and detoured through Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois to arrive in Michigan tonight. I'm hoping I can establish internet fairly quickly at the new house once I close on it this Friday.

PS Hope my players for From the Bowels of Philly are still hanging in there. I'd like to get it jump started and rolling again as soon as I have consistent internet access

Stormwind

First Post
I was reading through a number of the old threads and noticed several of the old proposals. However I couldn't find any centralized listing of all the proposals, including what has been passed, withdrawn or declined. I have noticed that several proposal's have been decided for or against, but simply do not have the votes to officially close the proposal (particulary in the case of NO votes).

To clarify things for myself, I created the following list, however I thought that perhaps others would be interested and thus have posted it here. Note that the only proposals that I have marked as having passed are those with 3 YES votes.

-------
Edit: Last updated 23 April 2007

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Thanks for that work. It is helpfull... I see some of them have just naturally died out because of some lack of interest in it, but I think we should clarify them.

Stormwind

First Post
Velmont said:
Thanks for that work. It is helpfull... I see some of them have just naturally died out because of some lack of interest in it, but I think we should clarify them.
Glad it's useful. I would like to suggest that a listing of the approved proposals be added to the Living Supers Approved Rules Content thread, since I think it would be useful for newbies (and other members) to be able to check what rules/rulings are currently in effect.

On another matter I don't have access to the M&M books at the moment and I was trying to figure out the rules for falling damage. In particular if a character falls from 1000ft then what damage would they sustain? Would this damage be capped by the teleporter's PL if they were teleported to a point 1000ft in the air? If I recall correctly, Steve Kenson, posted on the ATT something about falling speed (and the length of time it takes to fall a given distance), however I didn't find anything about falling damage on the ATT (and now that the ATT is down, I can't check again).
Also how does teleporting others work with regards to teleportation into solid objects? Can you teleport another either partially or completely into a solid object? As an example, could you teleport another person 1ft into the ground so that their feet are stuck?

Bront

The man with the probe
I've been otherwise occupied, but yes, they should be in the rules thread.

Some of those were back from the creation of LS, so they're documented elsewhere (The origin one for example).

All of them that have been adjusted in the rules thread should be archived.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Stormwind said:
On another matter I don't have access to the M&M books at the moment and I was trying to figure out the rules for falling damage. In particular if a character falls from 1000ft then what damage would they sustain? Would this damage be capped by the teleporter's PL if they were teleported to a point 1000ft in the air? If I recall correctly, Steve Kenson, posted on the ATT something about falling speed (and the length of time it takes to fall a given distance), however I didn't find anything about falling damage on the ATT (and now that the ATT is down, I can't check again).
The M&M 2E core book says falls have a damage bonus of +1 per 10 feet, maxing out at +20 (at 200 or more feet) for a DC of 35 (since damage/Toughness saves start at a base of 15, not 10). After that, a character's reached terminal velocity and doesn't fall any faster. (See also Speed of a Skydiver.)

No mention of it being capped/limited by PL.

Stormwind said:
Also how does teleporting others work with regards to teleportation into solid objects? Can you teleport another either partially or completely into a solid object? As an example, could you teleport another person 1ft into the ground so that their feet are stuck?
No mention of that in any books, either. I do know the default in D&D is that, if you teleport into an object, you're shunted out to the nearest open space which is big enough to hold you, and you take damage based on how far you were shunted (for Dimension Door, 1d6 points if you had to move 100 feet, 2d6 if you had to move 1,000 feet, and if there's no empty space within 1,000 feet of the target, you take 4d6 damage and the spell ends without you going anywhere).

A sample associated effect, Rend, is given with Teleport in Ultimate Power. Rend = you grab a foe and teleport part of them away. It's a Penetrating Strike effect linked to Teleport.

Which reminds us that M&M is an effects-driven system, so if you want to teleport people into objects and either hurt or immobilize them, you'd also need to buy linked versions of Strike (with Penetrating) and Snare (thus making the "teleport a foe into a wall" similar to what Kitty did to Juggernaut in X-Men 3 -- he was stuck 'till he burst his way out) along with your Teleport. (Yes, I know that's not how Kitty's power works in the comics, but for this instance, it's a good illustration.)

'Course, you could just do the "Tele-Drop" (as presented in Instant Superheroes) -- grab some foe (standard action), teleport straight up (move action), drop the foe (free action) and teleport back to safety (assuming you've got the Turnabout power feat). Do remember, though, that Falling is always Lethal damage.

Velmont

First Post
Stormwind said:

I don't have my book, but I remember that you can only teleport somewhere where you can see, which mean you can't teleport behind a wall, execpt if that wall is made of glass, and you can never see in the wall (except for glass, but then, I don't remember any ruling).

I tell that by memory, and I migth be wrong, but you should take a look at the power description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads