• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick deals with the unexpected

[sblock=Verrick's actions]
OOC: Now that Verrick has a better look at the sailors, he will act in the following way if they do indeed wear yellow sashes.

Excellent, lead the way, but may we be discrete about it? I do not wish people to remember that I was near the Snooty Pig tonight.

Verrick takes the opportunity to give each sailor 2 gps, leaving his hand empty, and procedes with the following conversation as they walk away from the Snooty Pig.

"You may call me Jonas," Verrick gives a conspiratorial wink at this. "What may I call you?"

After receiving an answer, Verrick continues:

"I understand that sailors wear sashes to identify the ship they sail with, what ship does the yellow sash indicate?"

OOC: If the sailors direct the conversation in a different direction than the above, I will post an alternative action.[/sblock]

DerHauptman

First Post
Ray, drink in hand walks over to intercept the interlopper....carefully palming a dagger in his right hand as he does so...(Sleight of Hand Check = 14 )

He approaches feigning drunkenness strategically placing himself between the man, Uggla, Pinkie and the door. While moving in he gives Pinkie the signal to hurry out!

He then bumps into the man - spilling his drink (in a comical way) on the mans pant leg.

Oh, no how clumsy of me good sir....allow me to help you.... <fumbling with kerchief>

Pleas allow me to make it up to you somehow...a drink perhaps....

He looks up, red faced takes his (quite yellow BTW) kerchief off and and tries to fumble with blotting up the spill.

He will continue to try and delay the man (going right when he goes left, left to his right etc. - considering the mirror effect he will block his path) If the man tries to push Ray or gets violent he will attack the man with the dagger he is palming taking a step (5') back and throwing it with all his might.

After the attack (which will only be taken if the conditions above are met) he will run for the door at top speed and head into the ally to hide in shadows.

[sblock=Rolls if Needed] Initiative = 12; Attack = 19; (confirm critical = 24); Damage = 3+2 = 5 (critical 2+3 = 5) Total Damage = 10 Hide = 15 [/sblock]

Last edited:

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Please sir, come now the Captain was rather insistant...

Pinkie takes his hand and makes a coy smile leading him out of the bar at a hustle (double move)

Lets not keep him waiting.....

BigB

First Post
[sblock= Verrick] Verrick can now see that they do indeed wear yellow sashes.

Verrick replies to the sailors “Excellent, lead the way, but may we be discrete about it? I do not wish people to remember that I was near the Snooty Pig tonight.”

Verrick hands each sailor 2 gps, leaving his hand empty, and procedes with the following conversation as they walk away from the Snooty Pig.

"You may call me Jonas," Verrick gives a conspiratorial wink at this. "What may I call you?"

The sailors look at each other and one replies, you me call me Jonas 2 and my friend Jonas 3. The sailor can no longer keep a straight face and the two Jonas’ begin laughing rather loudly. After a while the other responds, I am Velter and this is Omar.

"I understand that sailors wear sashes to identify the ship they sail with, what ship does the yellow sash indicate?"

They become silent and their mood changes to very serious very quickly. Velter looks into Verrick’s face and tells him: Look we don’t mind sharing tales but some things are not to discussed. We do not like silencing a drinking partner, especially one that has bought our drinks. He then clamps his hand on Verricks shoulder and says cmon its this way heading to a door that has been used a few too many seasons.

[sblock=Verrick listen check DC 15] to hear the noise from the snooty pig that sounds all too much like a fight.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock= Pinkie and Ray] Pinkie takes Uggla’s hand and begins moving for the door rather hastily. Uggla does not resist but lets her lead him.

The angered man charges forward as Ray intercepts and douses the man with his drink while driving his dagger into the man doing serious damage but not stopping him. Ray spins to avoid being run down and moves to pursue. The angry man barrels into Uggla sending him through the door into the street on his face with the angry man falling hard beside him. Ray continues out the door and finds a hiding place enshrouded in shadow.[/sblock]

[sblock= Lookspring and Phoenix] As you watch the door bursts open and appears to explode as 2 figures crash through it. Both are too large to be Ray or Pinkie but you see a flash of yellow as the 2 crash to the ground.

[sblock= Spot Check DC 15] to see ray exit the snooty pig behind the 2 and hide along the wall.[/sblock]

The 2 humans north of you begin running toward the scene. The one to the south slips into an alley.[/sblock]

ooc: we will now need initiative checks and actions each round.

LiquidBlue

First Post
For Verrick, time seems to slow.

Intiative: (1d20+3=13)

OOC: Where are Verrick and his two sailor companions? Am I getting anything on my sense motive? I mean, does Verrick feel that they mean him any harm? Sense motive is +4. Where is the door indicated?

DerHauptman

First Post
Initiative = 12 (rolled intitiative once already let me know if I need a different roll...)

Pinkie! Here....

Ray, realizing his hiding is a moot point now - grabs Pinkie's crossbow off his back and tosses it to her (Ranged Attack to get it there = 23) he likewise takes out his own...

[sblock] Think drawing a weapon and drawing another instead of taking a move is not stretching he rules too much - if you rule otherwise B its totally cool. Ray will give Pinkie hers and begin to draw his own taking a 5' step to goet out of he way of the door. [/sblock]

Last edited:

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Initiative = 22

Snatching the crossbow out of the air...(Melee attack = 17)

The combination of Ray's excellent toss (23) and Pinkie's deft catch (17) make the exchange of the weapon between the two of them an impressive site for any onlookers - almost choreographed!

Thanks! I think I might need that now!

Pinkie scans the area for threats, seeing the man running toward the fight she ready's an action to attack should the man threaten any of her companions or the mark i.e. attacking Ray, Lockspring or Pheonix or moving to within 5' of the fighters.

If none of these conditions are met she will delay her action till the 1st count of the following round so that she will be first to act.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix pushes off the wall she was standing against as the two men tumble out of the Snooty Pig's doorway. (Initiative=20)

[sblock=Phoenix spots...]Ray slipping out the doorway after the two men and stealthily hiding alongside the wall. She nods to him quickly so he knows that she's aware of him.Spot check (1d20+0=17)[/sblock]

Igniting her mind blade, Phoenix begins moving over to the two men on the ground, trying to figure out who is who and what to do next. Seeing two of the streetwalkers running in this direction, she modifies her course to get beside the two fighting on the ground, but between them and the oncoming two from the street. "Stay outa this you two, if ya know what's good for ya!" she yells as the two from the street approach.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring perks his ears up and grins widely at the sight of the brawl in the street. At last! Something fun!
He quickly unslings his bow and takes aim on the people wrestling in the street. He suddenly sees the other two people moving to interfere with the fight and changes his target. He quickly fires off two arrows into the ground in front of them to frighten them away.

[SBLOCK]
Initiative 18
Rapid Shot (1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=6)
[/SBLOCK]

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick is flustered

Since everyone else has posted their actions, I am going to do the best I can without waiting for a reply to the questions I made in my previous post.

First let me detail the assumption that I am making:

1)That Velter is not indicating to the door of the Snooty Pig, but to a different building, presumably that of the Fleabitten Dog.

2) Verrick does not notice anything that would indicate that the door does not lead to a seedy dive.

Verrick hears what appears to be a fight in the Snooty Pig (1d20+8=16). Please note that I included the favored enemy bonus, as I assumed that humans were contributing to the noise.

Verrick pauses for a moment. Because of his own nervousness and fear, he has tried to watch carefully his companion's mood. The change from amusement to seriousness over such a trivial matter gives him pause.

I am sorry that I touched upon a matter that is uncomfortable for you. Let us enter. This looks like a place where one can avoid unnecessary excitement. Bluff(1d20+1=9)

OOC: If Verrick and his companions are entering combat rounds, then Verrick readies an action to move away from them, if it appears that they are going to offer him violence. If he does in fact have to run away, he with move away from the Snooty Pig, moving in a southernly direction, trying to keep to alley ways. But that is just for the first move, if Verrick must flee, he will try to stick to straight paths, and not go as fast as he is capable of, he would not want the sailors to lose him too quickly.

Remove ads