(24 Season 6/2007)Day 6: 6:00AM - 7:00AM/7:00AM - 8:00AM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
David Howery said:
something I wondered... the terrorist who blew up the bus in the first couple of minutes... I could have sworn he was Oriental... was he?

Yeah. He looked Asian which means if we are to believe he's Muslim then he's most likely Indonesian if he did not convert while in the US.

Relique du Madde said:
A better question is.. how the hell didn't jack bower get stuck in traffic at all during the course of those two hours? I've been stuck in down town Los Angeles traffic at 7:00 - 8:00.

Even 9/11 didn't kill the inner city traffic (it only lessened Freeway traffic) so I don't think an explination about people being too afraid to work because of the terrorist attacks would explain the lack of traffic.

(I really wish that I recorded that episode since I want to check the locations they we at. I sware I saw Washington and Arlginton Avenue as the cross streets on that Google Map close up. If thats the case then it should have tooken him atleast 5 - 15 minutes to reach the house from the vicinity of the LA River)
9/11 was a singular event. 24's Season 6 America has been subject to terror strikes for several weeks. I can imagine that it might have gotten different, though I reserve some doubts. (History teaches us that people get accustomed to everything - look at the Iraq, Isreal or Ireland as past or recent victims of frequent terror strikes)
But traffic was never a real problem for Jack Bauer in the past seasons, why should it be now? :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
In my (chaotic evil) mind I would have expected that the terrorists would have spent a great deal of time taking out the subway system and metrolink trains in order to choke Los Angeles (which would have been easy to do) and provide futher oppertunities for casualties in a bus bomb campaign).

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Relique du Madde said:
I sware I saw Washington and Arlginton Avenue as the cross streets on that Google Map close up. If thats the case then it should have tooken him atleast 5 - 15 minutes to reach the house from the vacinity of the LA River
Travel time on "24" is always speeded up by a factor of three. The most extreme example was I think in Season Two or Three, where the acting President decides to call a Cabinet meeting in the middle of the night and then suddenly they are all in dressed and meeting him in the conference room seven minutes later - in real life it would take seven minutes just to contact and wake them all up, let alone their getting dressed and then traveling from their posh homes in Virgina to the White House.

DM_Matt

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
In my (chaotic evil) mind I would have expected that the terrorists would have spent a great deal of time taking out the subway system and metrolink trains in order to choke Los Angeles (which would have been easy to do) and provide futher oppertunities for casualties in a bus bomb campaign).

No one uses the LA Subway...unless you mean the sandwhich shops, and the Metrolink is not especially popular either. Public transportation in LA other than busses is practically non-existant in the scheme of things.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
That may be true (considering that only a few hundred would be effected if the metro links/rails were taken out), but "in the larger scheme of things" taking out one of the metro-link trains or subway trains would hurt the city more finacially then replacing one bus (even though the bus is more cost effective for generating revenue).

DonTadow

First Post
I"m sure the guy was asian, and I think this is going to expand beyond radical muslims. I think they, on purpose, had an asian blow up the first bus to foreshadow the bigger conspiracy.

drothgery

First Post
DonTadow said:
I"m sure the guy was asian, and I think this is going to expand beyond radical muslims. I think they, on purpose, had an asian blow up the first bus to foreshadow the bigger conspiracy.

Probably. Usually on 24, the radical Muslims are the pasties, and some European or American political/business types are the real bad guys.

Remove ads