[3.5] Destroy Lorwyn! (Evil Campaign) (Recruiting)

DuskDrake

First Post
Basically he is going to use Ring of Frost on bucket of water poisoned with his own venom to create ice, carve bolts out of ice and hide them in the bolt case. Sniper, killer he is I tell You ! Now he's working for his new reward: Sniper's Googles will that let him use Ranger's Spell "Sniper Shot" at will. No range Penatlies ! And paralysed enemies could be prepared for getting Limited Wish from Demogorgon.
That sounds fun! I'm not entirely sure where all those items are coming from though. Would you mind telling me which books non-DMG items are from? I'm assuming MiC, which I'll look at later.

Also.. sacrifices for limited wish.. Buh? Where from? Just curious, sounds cool though.

Yeh, you must have some sort of future tellin' power, as Rikandur said. I was just about to ask you about Libris Mortis :). Aye, Tomb-Tainted Soul feat is cool and fits Esme more then anything else. If you allow me, I woud like to trade Weapon Finesse for this, also I would like to take CorpseCrafter feat instead spell focus(conjuration). I took spellfocus only to get augumented summoning feat. Instead I take Destruction Retribution feat from Corpsecrafter tree...oh man, I like that!
I waste too much time on GiTP forums and browsing class guides. I'm fairly well-versed in optimizing most classes outside of MoI and Psionics but I've never seen anything "optimized" in an actual play environment since my RL group doesn't bother with any of that. So I'm half-vet, half-newb!

All 3.5 WOTC books are allowed, just no Dragon Mag (and no Savage Species in case that's 3.5). Libris Mortis is fine, you can take those feats as long as you meet the pre-reqs.

Also, could you tell me what are limitation of stuff you can create with only one skill? Taking Craft(Necrotech) I was thinking of making my girl able to create various things, taking that it might be made from flesh/bones and regular stuff like brass/iron/wood. I imagined that Chandra will stumble upon a siege or two after the word will spread that Lorwyn is under invasion. So I instantly hought of catapults and trebuchetes made from bone and flesh(simply a giant crafted hand tossing load :)) and meyby some siege towers made from big beasts we might kill on the way. Simply, take all siege equipment and add Dr. Frankenstein with a hint of necromancy. Also I thought it might help when my girl would try to make flesh golems or so.
Hmmm... This is something we'll need to flesh out, but I like the idea. Either these types of things have already been printed in books and we'll find them, or we'll make a homebrew for the stuff that you can make.

Anything that directly benefits the military campaign will be funded by the military budget, so if you start making siege catapults then you won't have to worry about material costs. Also, while you're likely one of the strongest necromancers in the invading force, there will be other necromancer adepts that you could possibly train to aid you in your work.

When it comes down to the real invasion, I can see much potential here for bolstering the army. If only my RL group was so lucky. All they got is a favored soul making skeletal owlbears, which has turned into the MVP of the party nonetheless!

Edit: I see some of us are shopping. How much gold we get at the beggining?
Standard WBL, 9,000gp. It reflects the gear / gold given to you due to your status in the nation.

You will obviously acquire wealth in the campaign and there will be locations to purchase new gear. The military might also give extra provisions as the campaign progresses, from mundane gear to some extra black onyx.

Hm... the burrow speed was one of the things I thought was really cool (Great ambush potential... who knows where the demon is coming from? In the floor, in the air, in your face!?). Could we like make a feat for it later? DR I'm fine with, Losing the cha penalty is fine by me. Natural armor is fine by me.
Well, considering a wizard at this level can fly, I'll put back the burrow speed.

As for the totemist not getting the powerful build benefit, I asked because technically, I'll only be getting 4 attacks until much later levels, most of which will become d6 instead of d4. I don't think I can cheese it further than that, which means it's no more significant than iterative attacks from a boosted manufactured weapon.
I wish I knew more about MoI myself, but more informed people have been telling me that an optimized totemist is capable of making far more natural attacks than a manufactured weapon melee could (up to a dozen?). So bumping the damage would be far more significant in theory. Honestly, when I read Goliath + Dragonborn + Mineral Warrior all together on a class that I don't know much about, it scared me a bit. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

I'll take it back then. Powerful Build WILL apply to natural attacks. I'll try not to be so hasty in the future.

SolosAddie

Explorer
everything but equipment

Rensharr

Male Catfolk Ranger 4
Neutral Evil
Representing Mark

Strength 14 (+2) 14
Dexterity 22 (+6) 17 + racial+ level
Constitution 14 (+2) 14
Intelligence 10 (+2) 10
Wisdom 13 (+1) 13
Charisma 10 (+0) 8 +2 racial

Size: Medium
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 220 lb
Skin (Fur): Black
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Black; Straight

Hit points: 26 (i think 10+ 6*3?)
Speed: 40 feet

Armor Class: 17 = 10 +1 [buckler] +6 [dexterity]

Initiative modifier: +6 = +6 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +6 = 4 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +9 = 4 [base] +5 [dexterity]
Will save: +2 = 1 [base] +1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +6 = 4 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +6 = 4 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (missile): +9 = 4 [base] +5 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 4 [base] +2 [strength]

Light load: 58 lb. or less
Medium load: 59-116 lb.
Heavy load: 117-175 lb.
Lift over head: 175 lb.
Lift off ground: 350 lb.
Push or drag: 875 lb.

Languages: Common Catfolk Sylvan Abyssal? (what does the leader speak)

Scimitar [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 4 lb, one-handed, slashing]

Composite Longbow [1d8, crit x3, range incr. 100 ft., 3 lb, piercing]

Chain shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.]

Buckler [+1 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 10; hp 5; 5 lb.]

Feats:

Endurance [free to rangers]
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Rapid Shot [ranger archery track]
Track [free to rangers]

Skill Name
Skill Consolidation:
Balance/Escape Artist/Tumble = Acrobatics (Dex)
Climb/Swim/Jump = Athletics (Str) (provides synergy bonus to Acrobatics)
Spot/Listen = Perception (Wis)
Hide/Move Silently = Stealth (Dex)
Open Lock/Disable Device = Thievery (Int)

Acrobatics: 15 = 7(ranks) + 6 (dex) +2 (synergy)

Athletics : 11 = 7(ranks) + 2 (str) +2 (synergy)

Perception: 10 = 7(ranks) + 1 (wis) +2 (racial)

Stealth: 15 = 7(ranks) + 6(dex) + 2(racial)

Knowledge(Nature): 5 = 5 ranks

Survival: 8 = 7(ranks) + 1(wis)

Handle Animal 2 = 2 (ranks)

Handle Animal >=5 ranks gives +2 on wild empathy checks.
Know Nature >=5 ranks gives +2 on survival checks above ground.

First-level Ranger spells: 1 (0+1) per day

Catfolk:

* Cat-headed humanoids.

* +4 dexterity, +2 charisma have been added already.

* Level adjustment +1.

* Low-light vision.

* +2 racial bonus on listen and move silently.

Ranger:

* Favored enemies

* Track as bonus feat (already included)

* Combat Style

* Endurance

* Wild empathy (roll level + charisma bonus)

* Endurance (level 3)

* Animal Companion (level 4) trading for complete champion spirit guide
bonuses to various skills outside +1 at level 4, can commune with nature 1/day

Favored Enemies:

* Humanoids (human) +2

This ranger chose the archery track.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Well, considering a wizard at this level can fly, I'll put back the burrow speed.
Yay! No nowhere knows where the Demondragon will come from! :p
DuskDrake said:
I wish I knew more about MoI myself, but more informed people have been telling me that an optimized totemist is capable of making far more natural attacks than a manufactured weapon melee could (up to a dozen?). So bumping the damage would be far more significant in theory. Honestly, when I read Goliath + Dragonborn + Mineral Warrior all together on a class that I don't know much about, it scared me a bit. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

I'll take it back then. Powerful Build WILL apply to natural attacks. I'll try not to be so hasty in the future.

I'll put it this way: My main meld will likely be Girallon arms. I'll have a natural tail attack(at some point once I get that feat, not sure when I'll have it yet.) So that is 5 attacks. Girallon arms gives a medium character 4 claw attacks, which deal 1d4 damage(one of which is a primary), and three secondary attacks. Once I get the tail, that's a 1d6 attack. So, 4d4+1d6 (No including strength modifiers), with Powerful build that bumps them up a die. 4d6+1d8.

Hm... so, that'd be a bit more than usual, but I think the damage is smaller, dunno. Failing that I can get an oversized onehander, use the iterative attacks, and then follow up with whatever that ridiculous number of natural attacks is. :p

What I am doing is asking around about grappling and stuff, and I'll ask about this specific build and get some more opinions there, so you can get other insights into the power of letting it slide. I'm not sure on how powerful this will end up myself, I just didn't see the reason why the penalty was there(I'll grant I hadn't thought too much about a level 20 totemist though.)

Link: http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/294815-how-effective-grappling.html#post5337030

Basically, I'll admit I'm a powergamer, but I like to think I'm not a munchkin. I can't make pun-pun, and from what I am told the Totemist is not the most powerful class, it's just very versatile. (To be honest, I just like having beasty abilities and feeling remotely secure in charging headlong into combat and feeling confident I won't go squish.) In otherwords, I don't think I will be over optimizing this and trivializing things. If it does end up too strong, we could always have my character get 'cursed' by some goodie goodie elf (thereby ICly fixing the issue.)

Though I am still considering grappling as an option. I've never played with it before.

Last edited:

Terraspaz

First Post
Friends, Romans, Interneters, lend me your bandwidth!

I present to you, orator from lands afar, Stroland Deeppitch!

Stroland Deeppitch

Pep talks and morale boosters abound with this beaming beacon of charisma!

(I'd like to throw my hat into this too, if I may.)

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Well, main thing I noticed was your character sheet read as chaotic good. The party is lead by an Erinyes, and is pretty much evil incarnate. :p Well... my character is more... loyal than evil... but he still isn't the nicest of guys.

Rainmar

First Post
Also.. sacrifices for limited wish.. Buh? Where from? Just curious, sounds cool though.

These are ritual rules from Book of Vile Darkness, anyone with some skill in religion can attempt to appease a greater evil force with a living sacrifice and Limited Wish is on the top of best things you can get from them(there is also a Wish, but only once per year). The rest is blessings of various sorts, very handy :)

About me constructing necro-stuff, there are some rules I know from other version of d20 that might come in handy. I have played some time ago, Warcraft RPG d20 and there are Tinkers(Goblins!) with big system of inventing and tinking. In short, your level+1+feats makes a border of how potent creations you can create and is know as technology level. There is also a complexity score, which relays how much stuff you have inside your creation and such...later it is multipled by few factors and you have a market price. You need 1/3 of that price in materials and you work in silver/day or in gold/week. Few rolls and voila!
If you would be interested I can PM you parts about this system.

Also about creating stuff. Does creating costs XP in your setting? Sorry for this noobish question but DM with whom I have played allowed me and other players to create magical items and such without XP but with higher gold cost. Litteraly we had to pay additional resources equal to five times the XP required, so it was 5gp for 1XP.
But I'm ready for a change;)

Last edited:

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
did you guys type that all out, or you have some sort of char gen?

Yeah, mostly typed. But I had previous statblock from other game that helped a lot. ;)

Yes, I'm thinking about Sacrifice rules from BoVD. And Wish can be done once only and DC is 40. Otherwise You could sacrifice sentient living being's soul to dark powahs for "baubles" like Limited Wish ( DC 30) once per day. DM, the bonus skill I would spent on Profession (Bookworm) so my quasit could spew nonsense from time to time with serious face.

Know(Rel) +8, Dagger +10, Tortures ... +4, Still not big but once I push it past +20 with extra things I believe it's doable with taking 10.

Remove ads