• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Walking Dad

First Post
After packing up your gear and strapping on your weapons, you head into the hills toward the Hall of the Dwarven Lord. From what you know about the hall, it is entirely underground, with only a small tower aboveground to mark its location.

---

You find the tower without much trouble, but it looks like something has partially destroyed it! Charred stone rubble lies scattered about, aand great scorch marks are all over the area.

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC17, hp16, GrtAxe+6, 1-12+2 dam, X3crit

"Gadzooks! What in thunderation happened here?" Ray will move up to the site of the attack, looking for any survivors who might need assistance.

OOC: I guess Ray will have left his donkey at home for now. We will hopefully need him later to help us carry out all of the vast hoard of treasure that I just know we're going to find :D , but we can always leave guards with the treasure and have somebody go get the donkey when we need him. ;)

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Darvin moves forward cautiously to examine the tower crossbow out and readied. If no immediate threats present themselves he undertakes a careful examination of the scene trying to assertain what might have caused such devastation.

"Whether they used magic or more conventional warmachines whatever could turn a dwarven made tower to rubble must be formidable. Lets just hope they cannot bring whatever caused it to bear upon us! I suggest we head into the maw, as it were, and get this deed done - the sooner we go in the sooner we come out, I hope."

[sblock=K.Arch & Eng 10, K. Arcana 23]K.Arch and Eng, K.Arcana (1d20+4=10, 1d20+10=23) [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC17, hp16, GrtAxe+6, 1-12+2 dam, X3crit

Ray will lead into the "maw," as it were. "Darvin, if you happen to have any influence over this 'maw,' I wish that you would suggest more frequent brushing!"

kinem

Adventurer
"Maybe it's more than hobgoblins after all. Hold on a moment" Dagger says. "Let me take a look around first."

He looks for any clues while trying to keep an eye out for danger.

ooc: spot +5, search +6

Leif

Adventurer

Ray stands fast while Dagger does his thing. "If you need any help with anything, just let me know, and I'll send Darvin right in."

Halford

First Post
Ray will lead into the "maw," as it were. "Darvin, if you happen to have any influence over this 'maw,' I wish that you would suggest more frequent brushing!"

The young Wizard shoots his cousin a look,

"If you won't obey that command I hardly think the fortress is likely to - although I suppose its not as far gone."

"Maybe it's more than hobgoblins after all. Hold on a moment" Dagger says. "Let me take a look around first."

"Right you are Dagger, don't take any uneccessary risks alright? We don't want to be making work for the Cleric before he even gets here. Good luck mate!"

So saying he steps back and allows Dagger to do his thing.

Halford

First Post
Darvin frowns and adopts a scholarly demeanor.

"Well they are either possessed of powerful fire magics, beyond my repetoir thats for sure, or they have a dragon with them. Either way, not good..."

Leif

Adventurer

"A DRAGON!!!?? By Helm's Codpiece! Darvin, can you tell from those tracks that you're studying how many feet the creature has? That should answer that question pretty quickly, genius. You may be far more intelligent than I am, but sometimes you have no common sense whatsoever." ;) (That was said with brotherly love as well as brotherly competition)

Last edited:

Remove ads