3PP Release (3rd Party Book Release) Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e, written by Steampunkette!

oh my god. oh MY GOD. HOLY +@(^ THAT IS SUCH AN EVOCATIVE IMAGE HOLY $#!% I WANNA DO THAT SO BAD NOW.
My Bugbear (Gloomstalker) Ranger character got Rope Trick when he advanced to 5th level 2 sessions ago in the adventure I have been playing in this year (Tyranny of Dragons). In addition to wanting him to hang out of the dimensional pocket by his legs and do some sniping, I want him to ambush anyone who happens to walk underneath the dimensional pocket. With his long limbs, I could see him reaching down and grabbing an opponent while sing-songing, "Abra, abra, abracadabra, I want to reach out and grab ya..." 😋 Don't worry, he's into catch and release. He is a bounty hunter after all. 😋

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
You guys wrote stuff a lot cooler than what Duskwood Sniper actually is...

Duskwood Sniper is meant to be another no-magic archery martial tradition separate from Biting Zephyr. And specifically one that Rogues and sneaky Rangers might use. It focuses on single-target attacks, maintaining stealth, and taking shots from incredible distances. Including a tier 5 "Killshot" where you force a creature with a CR 3/4 of your level or lower to make a Con Save or die after you shoot them.

Thundering Bombard is gun-centric, but not specifically artificer-centric. In fact, it's a -little- bit cowboy with the tier 3 maneuver "Make 'em Dance" where you can force a target to make a dex save or you make them move up to 20ft (1 ammo per 5ft) by shooting at their legs/feet. But then it -does- have some "Big Gun" type abilities that require two-handed firearms like "Holepuncher" to blow open a wall or "Explosive Blast" which creates a line effect of "You all get shot"

Inquisitor's Brand is very much a PF1e Inquisitor design. Lots of Judgements, Castigation... Including the ability to pass judgement on a possessor entity and harm only the possessor when you make attacks, rather than the body it possesses (to bring down ghosts and demons without harming the innocent they're inside).

And, yes. Serpent's Grip is a professional wrestling martial tradition. Complete with Giant Swings, Flying Elbows, and a Piledriver at tier 5.

Hmmm....A5e Fighter (Sharpshooter) with the Biting Zephyr and the Duskwood Sniper combat traditions. Deadly. 😋 Since A5e Fighters are proficient in 3 combat traditions, what could the third combat tradition be to make such a character into someone you really don't want to mess with? ;)

Steampunkette

Supporter

System Architecture: Motif Classes includes my Arcane Artillery martial tradition if you wanna add some Arcane Archer to it.

But if you wanna be defensive? Mist and Shade. Run and shoot.

noodohs

Explorer
You guys wrote stuff a lot cooler than what Duskwood Sniper actually is...

Duskwood Sniper is meant to be another no-magic archery martial tradition separate from Biting Zephyr. And specifically one that Rogues and sneaky Rangers might use.
I am currently playing a rogue/ranger multiclass who is, in fact, a sneaky sort 👀👀. He was always meant to focus on ranged combat, but the current traditions are sorely lacking in that department.

Steampunkette

Supporter
Quick poll: Combo Techniques/Dual Techniques. Yay or nay?

Say, for example, a combo where a fighter and a wizard act on the same initiative. The fighter shoots a nonmagical arrow and the wizard casts Fire Bolt. The target is a Red Dragon who takes half damage from fire and half damage from nonmagical weapons. If the arrow hits and the firebolt misses, the firebolt deals half damage (reduced to 1/4) while the arrow is treated as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance. If the firebolt hits but the arrow misses both deal half damage (and the arrow is reduced to 1/4). If both hit, they ignore the dragon's resistance to either attack by combining them and maybe add some cool effect.

Or, say, putting a paladin with a magic shield in the line of a Lightning Bolt spell (or other line effect) to bounce it off the shield and let it do a sharp turn from the Paladin's square instead of going in a straight line.

Or using the Shove maneuver to give someone disadvantage on the dex save for a Fireball spell when you push them into the area of effect.

(I know I'm going hard on the martial+magic at the moment it's just where my hubby and my brains are at)

Would that hold interest?

Say, for example, a combo where a fighter and a wizard act on the same initiative. The fighter shoots a nonmagical arrow and the wizard casts Fire Bolt. The target is a Red Dragon who takes half damage from fire and half damage from nonmagical weapons. If the arrow hits and the firebolt misses, the firebolt deals half damage (reduced to 1/4) while the arrow is treated as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance. If the firebolt hits but the arrow misses both deal half damage (and the arrow is reduced to 1/4). If both hit, they ignore the dragon's resistance to either attack by combining them and maybe add some cool effect.

Or, say, putting a paladin with a magic shield in the line of a Lightning Bolt spell (or other line effect) to bounce it off the shield and let it do a sharp turn from the Paladin's square instead of going in a straight line.

Or using the Shove maneuver to give someone disadvantage on the dex save for a Fireball spell when you push them into the area of effect.

(I know I'm going hard on the martial+magic at the moment it's just where my hubby and my brains are at)

kinda reminds me of sanguine knot but as a subsystem instead of a tradition

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter

It's a fun thing I've seen done in video games, but I get the feeling that it might be hard to set them up in a TTRPG; plus, they'd have to be dramatically powerful, due to the 2:1 action economy. Which I don't mind, but some GM's might find intimidating.

Remove ads