4e: A work in progress?

Wootz

First Post
I like 4e's base mechanic, I just hope WotC does something about the wizards (maybe arcane power will give me peace of mind)

Scribble

First Post
I think the game was built with the idea that:

The majority of people who play/purchase D&D want and expect the game to have new options and ideas added to it on a continual basis.

The majority of people who play/purchase D&D also do not want the new material to wreak havoc on the system. They want to know that when they add the new class/power/feature/etc the underlying math and power assumtions will not change.

Crazy Jerome

First Post
I the world of Quality Control, there's a difference between completeness and correctness. A thing is complete when it has all the desired features. it is correct when all those features have no bugs.

As far as that analogy goes, 3e was complete, but not correct.

And that analogy, again, may hold for 4e. Very few complex systems are released with no bugs. Even the best testing in the world does not ensure zero bugs will be in the system upon release.

QFT. Show me a Version 1.0 of a complex system that simply works, and I'll show you a system that was released into the wild during two or three Version 0.* :p

Remove ads