• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e books as PDF file as similar

TheDuck

First Post
Is it possible to purchase any of the 4e books in electronic format?

Please be aware that I do not wish to breach copyright here .. The books are bulky and I have limited space. I already have the three core books and I have sold on most of my old 3e stuff (due to the lack of space)... I just can't fit any more hardback treeware books into my life ... :)

Ibixat

First Post
I have all my books in physical format, and I intend to buy every book that comes out in physical format, but I had a question about the PDF's if anyone knows, as I was thinking of getting a copy of the player resources as PDF as well.

Does anyone know if the official PDF's released are accurate, every post I've seen regarding pdf's is pretty much about the illegal copies floating around and says that they have tons of errors and don't download them it's stealing etc (which I agree with). What I'm concerned about is if the official retail PDF's are word for word matches to the printed books or if they contain the same errors the pirate copies floating around do. Those pirated copies had to come from some source and if it's the official PDF's, the errors they have would have been from those.

Basically as the collection gets larger it comes to the point where I'd like to be able to leave my physical books at home, for when we play at my house or when I'm making characters etc, and on my character sheets I can reference pages and book titles for basically everything that matters, and just have my laptop (the size of one book) to look stuff up with at others houses.

It seems like now would be a good time to get started since getting book and pdf versions of each player resource just gets harder and harder as more are released.

Papercut

First Post
The updated pdfs of the core books have already been sent to the pdf dealers, but it seems they have yet to upload them. There is a thread in general gaming forum that is being maintained by interested parties.

Cheers

Ibixat

First Post
The updated pdfs of the core books have already been sent to the pdf dealers, but it seems they have yet to upload them. There is a thread in general gaming forum that is being maintained by interested parties.

Cheers

Thanks! I usually only read the 4th edition rules and sometimes houserules forums. Appreciate the heads up.

Kordeth

First Post
Excellent ... thanks.

I've checked out the site and it all looks good.

One question I have is they state "Watermarked PDF" for the files ... Are these watermarks obtrusive?

No, the pdf just has your name in one corner of the page to show that you bought it.

Remove ads