[4e] Risen - Chapter I: Grave Danger (Full)

Pangalin

First Post
Eddie looks around with alarm as the other man grabs up a cudgel and retreats to the wall. Yes, it's an odd situation, but there's no immediate threat —

Oh. I get it.

Slipping his wooden shiv in his makeshift belt, Eddie raises his empty hands in a placating gesture.

"Ho there, friends. Let's not let our nerves get the best of us! I just want to see if anyone else may be trapped in these coffins as we were. We'd be foolhardy indeed to leave our fellow victims behind, not to mention merciless — don't you agree?"

Eddie slowly turns his back on the other men, careful not to make any sudden movements. Without his lockpicks he didn't have a lot of options: he could try to force the latches, but he suspected the only thing he'd break is a lot of makeshift wooden crowbars. Only one thing for it. Smashing the boxes on the floor worked before, and it'd work now. Eddie raps on the sarcophagus with his knuckles.

"If anybody's in there, brace yourself."

(OOC: Strength check to push the sarcophagus to the floor.)

Sparky

Eddie
Eddie gathers himself and shoves, but the sarcophagus only moves a little. His limbs seem strangely weak and watery. Drained.

Gavril
The half-elf's voice, well-suited to shouting doesn't tire, but, ultimately, it's the panicked thrashing that sends the sarcophagus he's in crashing to the floor. The light is sudden and hurts his keen eyes. The air, so sweet. Light headed, his sharp eyes pick out others.

(1 pt of damge from the fall)

Kragnor
The words are muffled... '...anybody... there... brace...' and then the narrow confines of the box rock with an impact.

Malek
Lying still Malek listens to the others and plans carefully his reaction to this strange situation. The cold ache of the darkness wreathing his palm settles deep into the bone.

Mataken
Mataken had been watching the others, one still on the ground and one poised over another sarcophagus. Now he notices the dais itself. An altar before a wide but thin slot in the wall. A body before the altar. Prone.

lotuseater

Explorer
Gavril calmly picks himself up off the ground, smacking off the dust and grit from the broken sarcophagus. Noticing the others in the room, he tries to hide his injury and assume an air of detached annoyance.

"Would someone mind telling me what exactly is meant by this? I'm a very important person, with very important friends. Not someone to be treated so harshly."

While still maintaining an outward demeanor of nonchalance, Gavril studies his new surroundings carefully, looking for any signs of danger, and any clues as to how he got here and where HERE is. He especially studies the others in the room. Can they be trusted? Are they dangerous? Might they be his kidnappers?

(ooc: perception check)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Kragnor still patiently waits. Once whomever is out there leaves, he can again try to escape.

Whoever brought me here is going to pay dearly for this.

okdaddio

First Post
They were in the boxes, like me. Don't think there's any threat here.

Mataken leaves his spot against the wall and heads toward the person trying to push a sarcophagus to the floor. He clears his throat to announce his presence, at once realizing how silly that must have seemed, given the situation. "Um, you think there might be more in these boxes? We can check them, but look over there." Mataken points toward the prone figure in front of the altar. "We should check that next. Here let me help you."

Mataken gives the box a thump with his fist, as though to familiarize himself with its aural qualities, then attempts to push it over onto the floor.

(OOC: Strength Check )

Sparky

Eddie & Mataken
Together the two men are able to shove the sarcophagus across the narrow plinth onto the floor. It splinters open and a short, lean and stocky figure lies within.

Gavril
No one seems particularly impressed with the young half-elf's declared eminence as each of them moves about and takes separate stock of the situation.

Here seems to be a temple. Though it's not quite right. Columns march up and down the length of the room, with braziers for light, but... the light. There are no windows along the center aisle, high, where the tallest columns raise the ceiling higher than their neighbors.

Of the people, Gavril can make no assessment, though they do appear to be 'garbed' similarly, which is to say, swaddled in burial bindings.

Kragnor
There is a thump and then a sense of moving, a moment of stomach clenching weightlessness followed by a loud crash and pain. The impact loosens the wrappings, somewhat. Icetalon answers Kragnor's summons immediately. If the spirit is unsettled or anxious in any way, it's ancient, inscrutable features do not give it away.

(2 pts of damge from the fall)

Malek
None of the others appears to be demon-blooded. The imperious one's fine features and build mark him as a half-elf - his demeanor is strange, given the low regard in which elves and half-elves are held in Keshet. The two men standing near the plinth appear sturdily-built humans and there is another at their feet that Malek cannot see.

OOC: If you have not, now is a good time to describe your characters.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
A menacing human-sized creature rises from the sarcophagus. It resembles a bear, but with the head and claws of an owl.

I only need a moment to get free, maybe they won't see me down here yet.

Kragnor attempts to get out of the rest of the wrappings.

(OOC: Acrobatics 3 )

Underneath the creature is another struggling creature, still wrapped up in the burial bindings.

Remove ads