[4e] Risen - Chapter I: Grave Danger (Full)

Sparky

The old man's body tenses and his eyelids flutter as he tries to speak, "Mer... mer hara..."

The thrumming tone from the symbol grows louder and there is an unseen, but sensed, detonation of power as the pressure from the symbol peaks. The wave passes over the group and reaches as far as the first row or so of columns in the lower area. The old man shudders and groans, rolling partly onto his side, his breath a shallow pant.

Kragnor shakes his head and staggers, collapsing onto the ground. Icetalon hunkers protectively over the fallen dwarf, its unblinking eyes watching each of the Others seemingly at the same time.

A darkness spreads over Kragnor's limbs.

The mental pressure of the symbol's blast begins to rise again. Rustling can be heard between the forest of columns marching off in the dim, but steady light.

OOC: Keia, you're in. Post at will.

The rest of you, choose a square to be standing in for your next post. Map

Walking Dad

First Post
"Don't touch him!" Malek calls, but to late. Sensing that something new and possible dangerous will emerge, he reacts with the only defense he has at this point at his command. Waving his hands, he wraps the darkness around him as he moves, keeping the darkest spark in his hands, ready to throw it at any obvious enemy.

OOC: Will be in N11. Can I start with cover from Shadow walk?

lotuseater

Explorer
Gavril, frightened by the power coming from the symbol, darts his eyes about, looking for cover. Also, sensing that the others are the type that are slow to act, and that they do not seem as concerned with his well being as might be warrented, considering who he is, he decides to take matters into his own hands. It is a very uncharacteristic action on his part.

Gavril runs over, grabs the old man with his free hand--he still has the splinter of sarcophagus in the other hand--and drags him to the pillar on the left (square K19) "He might be the only one with knowledge of what happened to us," he shouts to the others.

Once he has the old man behind the pillar, Gavril will check his condition to see what is wrong with him. At the same time, he keeps looking around, wary of possible attackers.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal Du'mere, Elven Avenger

"Of all the . . . ," Durindal murmurs, struggling with consciousness. His head hurts, badly, and the elf is having trouble moving. The elf tests his bonds, and the darkness that surrounds him. 'At least you live, Durindal, you must count your blessings,' he remembers his mentor's words of guidance even in this situation. He wonders briefly if his captures had thought him dead.

'And those who took me will have a rude awakening when they open this box' Durindal muses, before realizing that they just might bury the box and that would be the end of him. The thoughts of such a death are enough to cause the elf to redouble his efforts to work himself out of his bonds and shake or rattle the box to get it to tip or fall.

OOC: Acrobatics at +10 to escape his bounds, Perception at +13 to check for his gear and surroundings. Otherwise, struggle to get out. Invisible castle is down, sadly, feel free to roll for me.

okdaddio

First Post
Mataken watches the elf drag the old man over behind a column. Hrm, seems he does more than talk...

Sensing the wave of energy, Mataken grips his cudgel and moves over next to the elf and the old man.

(Square K 18)

Sparky

Durindal:
The tension of the situations gives a focus to your efforts and despite the your throbbing head, your hands slip free and then... there's no where to put them. Throwing your weight left and right makes the box shift and rock. Out There, a strange sound rises to a crescendo and cuts off moments before a wave of energy washes over you. The skin over your breastbone burns.

With sudden strength you throw your weight left, then right and left again... you sense a moment of drawn out weightlessness that makes your stomach flipflop and then a brittle shattering impact.

Light. Figures. Tension. You rest only a moment before rolling backwards over your shoulder into a low crouch. Broken pieces of wood scratch and stab at you through the thin bindings that appear to be all that you're wearing. There are other shattered wood piles and about half-a-dozen other figures.

Others:
The lot of you spring into movement, ducking behind pillars. One of the un-opened sarcophagi rocks and then falls off its, shattering. A lean, hard-faced figure rolls from the wreckage lightly onto his hands and feet.

Malek is well placed to see what the others may not... stirring figures on the prayer rugs. Other victims? Of course they are...

(Roll for Initiative! Updated Map. EDIT: Walking Dad, yes, Shadow Walk is in effect.)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal Du'mere, Male Elven Avenger

The crash and light disoriented Durindal for a few moments . . . but only a few. As his eyes cleared, the elf's initial impression to fight everyone that he saw passed. The alert eyes darted from the wreckage he made to similar wreckage and similarly garbed figures.

Durindal gathered up the best piece of whatever was holding him to use as a weapon as he shrugged out of the remaining bindings that were on him. "I know not who you are, but we should work together against whoever put us here," Durindal stated.

OOC: Perception check: 1d20+13=31. Initiative: 1d20+4=24.

lotuseater

Explorer
Gavril looks up at the sound of another sarcophagus crashing open. "We really need to check the rest of those coffins," he whispers to the young human next to him, the one with the facial hair. "We may have more allies willing to help us."

He then inspects the singed man to see how badly hurt he may be, and determine what race he is.

OOC: Invisible castle is down, so go ahead and roll initiative for me (+0)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Malek, Tiefling Warlock

"Watch out, what is this!" Malek calls out, pointing with his left at the stirring shapes he just sensed. The darkness in his claw like right hand flickers, as eager to be unleashed.

OOC: IC is down. Initiative is +0. Roll for me, please.

Sparky

(Initiatives rolled - for Eddie and Mataken, I'll move and make basic attacks (or at-wills) until their players take over)

The figures closest to the shadow-shrouded tiefling have woozily gotten to their feet. Those further back appear to be only just stirring. Those closest to the door are dusty and still.

The old man rasps to himself, "O meh Suth, meh Suth-suha... Hara mer... meh Suth..." tears leak from the corners of eyes squeezed shut. His thin body shakes with sobs.

(Durindal is the first up. Map updated)

Remove ads