[4e] Risen - Chapter I: Grave Danger (Full)

okdaddio

First Post
"Whaa...here, hold on friend." Mataken leans over to help the prone figure remove his bindings, keeping one eye on the bear-like creature which has suddenly appeared.

After helping the person to his feet, Mataken again points to the prone figure by the altar. "There. Come."

He begins to cautiously walk across the open space toward the altar, throwing up one more beckoning gesture with his free hand to the two behind him. Mataken's eyes dart about, looking for anything amiss (besides the prone, inert figure on the floor).

(OOC: Perception Check)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Still moving (a habit, if he is nervous) Malek looks around another time, finally asking: "Who are you people? What happened to us? Does anyone remember?"

ooc Malek is a middle sized tiefling with a dark complexion.

lotuseater

Explorer
Gavril glances about, starting to grasp something of their collective predicament. He relaxes a bit, realizing he is not in immediate danger.

Gavril has pale, delicate features, almost feminine in appearance. His ears point up more than is natural, his eyes and hair seem to have an unnatural glint, and his frame is more gaunt than normal. He is more handsome than seems possible, especially after his ordeal. Everything about him suggests that he may not in fact be human.

In response to Malek's question, he offers, "An excellent query, and one I'd like an answer to myself, but it seems we all find ourselves in a similar predicament. I have heard stories, of men being abducted and buried alive in the tombs, of men being captured as slaves, of human, and not so human, sacrifices to the gods. Perhaps we have stumbled into one such story.

"But looking at the company I find myself in, perhaps I have already been sacrificed and sent to hell. My father I dare say, would agree it is a fit punishment for the life I have led."

Noticing Mataken point at the alter, he says, "Wait, my friend, before we put ourselves in potential danger. We should first make proper introductions. I am Gavril Bayawak. A pleasure to make your acquaintances, I'm sure."

Gavril sifts through the ruined sarcophagi, looking for a makeshift weapon of his own. "Better for us to be prepared, should whomever was responsible for our capture return to finish us off."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The figure Mataken helps up is a male dwarf. Fairly nondescript at the moment while still wrapped in burial bindings.

"The name's Kragnor." the dwarf says gruffly.

"Kragnor Akhrua. That's my, err, friend... IceTalon. He won't harm ya, that is 'less in ya start sumin."

After a moment, a little more passionately and louder, but still gruff:

"What the hell is going on here?" Kragnor asks looking around.

Sparky

Memories seem fluid, like the ephemera of dreams. Vivid and stark, but impossible to grasp firmly.

Those looking at where Mataken points can see a figure lying in the shadows cast by a wide, but shallow plinth that runs perpendicular to the large room's main axis.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Kragnor starts trying to remove the rest of the burial bindings. He discovers that his armor is missing.

"HEY. Who took my armor? And where's my warhammer?" Kragnor shouts.

(OOC: Hey guys! Are we playing this game or not? Nobody is posting. )

okdaddio

First Post
The elf sure likes to talk...

Mataken, uncharacteristically taking the lead in the matter of investigating the prone figure, realizes that no one seems to be following him. He stops, turns back toward the group of fellow rescuees, and fixes them with a scowl, waiting.

A man, a dwarf, a tiefling, and a bleeding elf...

Mataken is a human, youngish appearing, with a stylized patch of facial hair on his chin and with long black hair pulled back in a queue.

lotuseater

Explorer
Gavril responds to Malek, "What a motley group we make. But your suggestion is a sensible one. Let's get out of here, where ever here is, and the sooner the better."

He points over towards the human who is examining the fallen figure. "Perhaps that man has found a clue that can help us discover where we are, and how to escape. And with any luck, we might become heroes in the process."

With his makeshift club in one hand, Gavril extends his other arm in a motion to indicate, After you.

Remove ads