4e Stranded

Jemal

Adventurer
Humans are awesome, but Half-elves make the best healers with their ability to take an at will power as an encounter power. Additional Healing powers is key.

Also, Updated character sheet:
[sblock=Healer]
Daniel Willow
Male Half-elf Cleric 1
AL: Good HT: 5'11" WT: 150 Hair: Black Eyes: Green

STR: 14 (+2) [2 points]
DEX: 8 (-1) [0 points]
CON: 12 (+1) [0 points +2 racial]
INT: 10 (+0) [0 points]
WIS: 18 (+4) [16 points]
CHA: 14 (+2) [5 points +2 Racial]

HP: 24 Bloodied: 12 Healing Surge: 6(8/day)
AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 10 WILL: 16
Init: -1 Speed: 5

Basic Attack (melee): Morningstar + 4 vs AC; 1d10+2

Skills: [5 trained]
Athletics +7 [5 trained +2 ability]
Diplomacy +9 [+5 trained + 2 ability +2 racial]
Insight +11 [+5 trained + 4 ability +2 racial]
Religion +6 [+5 trained]
Heal +9 [+5 trained + 4 ability]

Feats: [1] Student of Battle (Warlord Multiclass)

Class/Racial Features:
Low-light Vision
Dilletante (Paladin: Lay on Hands)
Dual Heritage
Group Diplomacy (allies withn 10 squares gain +1 diplomacy)
Channel Divinity(1/encounter)
Healer's Lore (+4 healing)
Healing Word (Encounter Power)
Ritual Casting(Ritual Caster Feat)

At Will:
Sacred Flame [+5 vs Reflex, 1d6+5 Radiant damage, 1 ally you can see gains 2 temp hp or gains a saving throw *Standard, Range 5*]
Lance of Faith [+5 vs Reflex, 1d8+5 radiant damage, 1 ally you can see gains +2 on next attack against same target. *Standard, Range 5*]

Encounter:
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune [+1 bonus to next attack or save *Free, Personal*]
Channel Divinity: Turn Undead [+5 vs Will, 1d10+5 radiant damage, push target 5 sqaures, target is immobilized until end of your next turn *Standard, Close Burst 2*]
Healing Word(2/encounter) [one target can spend healing surge and gain additional 1d6+4 hp. *Minor, Close Burst 5*]
Lay on Hands(4/day) [Spend a healing surge, but instead of you gaining HP, target regains hp as if it had spent a healing surge+4 *Minor, Touch*]
Healing Strike [+4 vs AC, 2d10+2 radiant damage, target is marked, 1 ally within 5 squares can spend a healing surge *Standard, Melee*]

Daliy:
Beacon of Hope [+5 vs Will, Target weakened until end of it's turn. you + allies in burst regain 9 hp, healing powers restore +5 hp until end of encounter *Standard, Close Burst 3*]
Inspiring Word [One ally spends Healing surge + 1d6 hp+4. *Minor, Close Burst 5*]

Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic.

Equipment:
Chain Mail (40gp)
Morningstar(10gp)
Holy Symbol of Life(+1 atk/damage, daily power: Minor action, until end of turn yoru encounter/daily powers heal additional 1d6)
50 GP

Character Info:
Daniel Willow, Half-elf Cleric. age: 22

Daniel was an aggressive young boy, always flying off the handle and getting into fights... Until the day he punched his best friend when she tried to pull him out of yet another scrap. Though she forgave him, he never really forgave himself, and after that, vowed to never fight again. His vow came back to haunt him, though.. 5 years later, his village was attacked. He refused to take up arms against the kobold invaders, urging everyone to run and hide while the soldiers took care of it. His cowardice cost him the life of his best friend, for while he was trying to flee with her, she was struck down by an arrow. A fierce scream of denial burned through him and manifested itself in a ray of light which destroyed the kobold.

Over the next year, Daniel managed to come to terms with his grief and anger, guided by the hand of the Raven Queen, who took in the spirit of his beloved friend. He has since accepted that people die, but that guided by the queen, he can help to protect those whose time has not yet come, and when his time does come, he trusts that he will be reunited with his friend.

*Magic Item: I choose a holy symbol of life as his magic item, it is a momento of his fallen friend that he now uses to channel the power of the Raven Queen..*
[/sblock]
How's it look?

Zweischneid

First Post
Jemal said:
Humans are awesome, but Half-elves make the best healers with their ability to take an at will power as an encounter power. Additional Healing powers is key.

Well, if you're a cleric anyways, getting another at-will power as an at-will power (human) instead of as an encounter-power (half-elf) does make a better healer in the sense of "I-have-more-healing-powers".

I also think lay-on-hands does not qualify (RAW) for half-elf dilettante, as it is a class feature and not an 'at-will-power'

Jemal

Adventurer
Except that clerics have ZERO at-will healing powers to choose from.

And the description of Lay on hands calls it an at-will power.

Zweischneid

First Post
Jemal said:

I agree that the half-elf dilettante is poorly worded. Let Rayex make the last call. It's his game.

However in my reading, lay-on hands is an (at-will) class feature, not a power, which are exploits, prayers, spells.

The official errata makes it a bit more clear in line with (I think) my interpretation.

Thanee

First Post
I just realized that I had already answered the question I was asking above myself within the time frame where you can edit your post without it showing as edited... :p

Bye
Thanee

Albedo

First Post
Jemal said:

The class features section under Paladins explain thats it has three abilities that function 'like' powers, making a distinction that class features aren't powers. Same thing for the respec section, stating you can swap out powers, feats, ect, but not class features.

Remove ads