4E - The High Road (OOC)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
This game is gonna have a percolation period.

We need to decide if you are using the A-Team model, the Firefly Model, or the Farscape model.

A-Team (Option 1)
Entire team is fleeing a problem for related reasons. Team knows each other well, and is vaguely trying to resolve the problem.

Farscape (Option 2)
Team is thrown together in the middle of action, all have reason to be fleeing at least one enemy, each likely have their own goals to resolve, although some pursue those goals more directly than others.

Firefly(Option 3)
Team is exists on a smalll scale for 2-3 characters with a more mundane purpose, but their interactions with the other team members propels the whole group into a wider scale of adventure, although the mundane purpose may still be there.

These aren't esxclusive, they are just my rough ideas.

Insight

Adventurer
This game is gonna have a percolation period.

We need to decide if you are using the A-Team model, the Firefly Model, or the Farscape model.

A-Team (Option 1)
Entire team is fleeing a problem for related reasons. Team knows each other well, and is vaguely trying to resolve the problem.

Farscape (Option 2)
Team is thrown together in the middle of action, all have reason to be fleeing at least one enemy, each likely have their own goals to resolve, although some pursue those goals more directly than others.

Firefly(Option 3)
Team is exists on a smalll scale for 2-3 characters with a more mundane purpose, but their interactions with the other team members propels the whole group into a wider scale of adventure, although the mundane purpose may still be there.

These aren't esxclusive, they are just my rough ideas.

I like a combination of 1 and 2. I think we could collectively be fleeing something, but also each have our own goals.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm leaning 3, myself. I'm not sure offhand what Grandfather would be fleeing...though I have some nascent ideas that could easily be developed if need be.

And he kind of reminds me of the preacher on Firefly in my head...albeit in a much younger body.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Well, we almost all could be fleeing from one thing or another. If we have some sort of vehicle that ties us together . . . then option 3 definitely works. Option 1 is more we're being pursued but we're not above doing good deeds to help others along the way.

I'd be up for any or all three. If I was forced to choose, I would say that I prefer option 3, in the sense that it ties everyone together better.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Is it bad that the more I keep thinking about things the more I see this in terms of Spelljammerishness.

Wouldn't hardly fair of me do that y'all now though.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Nothing wrong with giving it that sort of feel. Particularly if there is a ship of some kind. What's most important is that it's something you're interested and excited about . . . that will carry over to us and we'll be excited too (or at least I will ! )

Keia

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
It has been a while since I played/ran a spelljammer game. It seems only natural that it would come to mind since 2 of 3 influences are space travelers.

I'm not a fan of mundane boats and oceans, but I would support a more fantastic version.

I see my character as more on the run than having a legitimate trade, But if orcs are pirates or raiders, she would have some familiarity with vessels.

Walking Dad

First Post
I (sadly) don't have DDI Character Builder access (using mostly not a private computer)

This is the format I usually use:

[sblock=Stats]
Name Mykos Player: WD
Half-Elf Warlock (Vestige) XP ? Level 3
Initiative +1 Senses Low-Light Vision
Passive Insight 13; Passive Perception 11
HP 40; Bloodied 20; Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 10
AC 17; Fortitude 16; Reflex 15; Will 15
Speed 6
Alignment Unaligned
Languages ?

Str 10 Dex 11 Wis 10
Con 18 Int 16 Cha 16

Racial Abilities
Dilettante, Dual Heritage, Group Diplomacy

Class Features
Eldritch blast, Eldritch Pact, Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock’s Curse

At-Will Powers
Eldritch Blast

Eyes of the Vestige

Encounter Powers
Clarion Call

Misdirected Mark (Bard)

Vestiges' Calamity

Daily Powers
Vestige of Mount Vaelis

Utility Powers
Ethereal Stride

Feats
Arcane Reserves
Arcane familiar (Parrot) We get a ship, right ;)

Skills
Arcana* +9
Bluff* +9
Diplomacy +8
Insight +3
Intimidate* +9
Streetwise* +11

Rituals

Equipment
Standard adventurers pack (15gp), leather armor (25gp)

4 Shimmering Armor (leather) +1 (AV 51)
3 Rod of Corruption +1 (PH1 239)
2 Amulet of Physical Resolve +1 (AV 148)

520gp

[/sblock]

Vote for option 2

Edit: Crunch mostly done. Still need items

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
No DDI is not a problem, it is just if you are suing the CB anyway, let me see you character directly.

Okay, setting problem.

My initial urge was to go very staid with my setting. PCs would have like a wagon or two and horses or other mounts and would travel like that.

I am reconsidering this heavily. Here is my current idea.

"When I was a child, father would take me out to The Edge. It was a special time for us, but he'd never tell mother where we were going. He'd let me look at The Maw then. Looking down from our Island, I could see clouds, thunderstorms, whole cities. We had the best view of the dwarves' statues of their heroes. But underneath all that it was waiting, dark and hungry. From our height, it wasn't huge, but I've seen it up close now, and its ugly. It's not black, you know. It's purple. Just a very dark shade. And it wants to consume us all, like the stories say it did the old world. It's where I'm going to die." -Artreris Maldus, Captain's Log of the Stormrider

I'm imagining the earthmotes left over from a shattered world, continent-sized island floating in an air-filled void, above a hungry void eager to swallow the remnants of its last meal.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Yes, you'd have some kind of sky-ship.

I'm gonna go over the character ideas and let you know what I'm thinking in terms of you coming together.

Oh, BTW, I am going to give out double xp in general to help counteract the slow speed of combat in pbp.

Remove ads