• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4E] Touch of Maddess [Closed]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm headed to internet deadland until sometime Sunday. I'll catch up then. Y'all have a great weekend!

Feel free to NPC Baden if needed to move things along.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I get the feeling you all are tired of this encounter... I am realizing now that "Roll Init!" is a great way to start off a home game, but maybe not an play by post.

I'm wrapping this fight up, but I don't really feel comfortable about fudging the numbers.

I do notice these grell were surprisingly tougher than I had expected them to be against 6 players. The adventure was written for 5 players of 10th.

Erekose13

Explorer
I think its the massive number of hit points that do it. Many are choosing to take 25% hps off monsters. I know I've dabbled with it myself, especially my f2f game against wraiths (weakness + insubstantial + regeneration = fail).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm good either way - wrapping it up or finishing it out, I mean. It's taken a long time, but a big part of that was the long lapse in ENWorld availability.

Shayuri

First Post
Yar. Fight's nearly over now anyway.

One thing I notice about 4e fights is that the early part tends to go fast, as everyone burns their encounters and a daily or two. Then the last half of the fight draaaaaaaags on, because no one's doing much damage anymore, but 4e monsters have ridiculous, vast sums of hit points.

I will say this not to criticize, because I believe the main issue with this fight was technical and board-related...the slowdown combined with losing a player early on...but that hit point thing is exacerbated a bit when all the monsters are elites, like grells.

Right from the start, this was destined to be a very tough, time-consuming fight. I knew that from the moment I cracked the MM to check stats. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm good either way. Just a little warning, I'm very conservative in using Encounter powers. And more the Dailies. Hate to be surprised by a new monster entering ongoing fights...

But this also means, I will be probably not as 'effective' as anybody else in the first rounds. Say if this becomes a problem :)

Insight

Adventurer
Gloomblade's encounters and dailies range from somewhat situational to completely situational. The nature of the encounter will almost completely determine when and how Gloomblade will use his non at-wills.

Shayuri

First Post
I haven't heard anything about this game in almost a month now.

I'm counting it as another cooling body on a large pile of dead games, unless I hear from Darwin.

Fun while it lasted. Thanks everyone.

Remove ads