[4E] Touch of Maddess [Closed]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Changed Baden's background to Occupation - Hired Killer.

I'm thinking he's been the House Assassin for a noble or ruler somewhere - an Executioner, but in the field rather than on the blocks so Hired Killer fit better.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the 4E world. I'm looking for a place this background would work, preferably a place more 'ruthless' than 'evil' since I'm not really comfortable playing evil characters, and because I want him to fit in a party.

I'd thought about Winterhaven itself, but from the description it doesn't seem to be the sort of place that would foster such a situation.

Anyone have suggestions for such a place?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The 4e defualt setting isn't really a place of well places. The map I posted with Wellsprings surroundings is all that will be important to this campaign. So in general you can simple name a place, Plenty of noble rulers fighting for territory spread out across the world, each of them with some claim to the legacy to the empire, a hired killer could find work in many places.

Galphanore

First Post
I would like everyone to post a condensted stat block at the bottom of your combat posts, like so...

[sblock=stat block]Generic Guy- Male Human Warlord 2
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:18, Fort:16, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed: 5
HP:13/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges Per-Day 5/8
Initiative +3 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers:
Furious Smash
Opening Shove
Wolf Pack Tactics

Inspiring Word Inspiring Word
Hammer and Anvil

Bastion of Defense

Aid the Injured
[/sblock]
Any questions?
Just want to make sure I've got this right :

[sblock=stat block]Codren Maut- Shadar-Kai Swordmage 10
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
AC:28, Fort:18, Ref:21, Will:17 -- Speed: 6
HP:83/83, Bloodied:41, Surge Value:20, Surges Per-Day 10/10
Initiative +7 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:

Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Basic Attack, Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Lightning Lure

Shadow Jaunt, Sword of Sigils, Transposing Lunge, Dazing Rebuke, Polymorph Weapon, Ruby Scabbard

Frost Backlash, Energy Theft, Forceful Dismissal, Burning Blade, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Blade Bolt, Instant Campsite, Obsidian Steed

Channeling Shield(E), Swordmage's Decree(D), Dimensional Dodge(D)[/sblock]At-Will Green
Encounter Red
Daily Gray
Utility Blue
Is that correct? If so, is how I denoted the utility powers Ok? Two of them are daily and one is an encounter power. I dented those with a letter in parentheses, E for Encounter and D for Daily. Also, I have four powers from items (Polymorph Weapon, Ruby Scabbard, Instant Campsite and Obsidian Steed). Two of those are encounter and two are daily. Should I list those with the other like type powers as I did or should I list them separately?

Walking Dad

First Post
Could I use my own mini statblock, please?

I don't see the reason for giving utilities a separate color and not list them with the other at-will, encounter or daily powers. There could be also the special equipment abilities be recorded.

If the psion isn't a leader, I will play a dwarf shaman.

[sblock=Sample Mini stat block]
Tarrk Bloodhoove
Perception: 19 Insight: 12 Normal Vision
Initiative: +2
AC 15 Fortitude 16 Reflex 12 Will 12
Hit Points: 36/36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 1
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 11/11
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Recuperating Strike
Encounter Powers: Swift Charge, Goring Charge, Great Cleave
Daily Powers: Macetail's Rage

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Yes, you should level in this adventure, but at pbp rates I'm sure it'll be compendium by the time you do.

One thing that came to my attention in looking over my character's powers is that the default Paladin multiclass feat gives you Divine Challenge as an Encounter power. Since I can already mark as much as I want as a Fighter, this is of little use to me.

Typically, the splat books (Martial Power, Arcane Power) include alternate multiclass feats that give other abilities. For a Paladin, I could imagine a feat that gives Lay on Hands instead of Divine Challenge. Would it be OK to swap out my character's current Paladin Multiclass feat for such a feat, assuming it exists in Divine Power?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
2 Defenders, 2 Strikers, One Leader, One Controller.
That many people and only one leader is tough, even with a paladin. I'm gonna work out a human or Half-elf bard in addition to my Half-Orc Rogue and see what fits.

Insight

Adventurer
2 Defenders, 2 Strikers, One Leader, One Controller.
That many people and only one leader is tough, even with a paladin. I'm gonna work out a human or Half-elf bard in addition to my Half-Orc Rogue and see what fits.

Unfortunately, because Barek is a STR build, he doesn't even have any healing abilities as a multiclass Paladin. Unless I'm allowed to get Lay on Hands as a feat, there won't be any healing from Barek.

Shayuri

First Post
Druids get limited healing powers.

Or I could MC cleric as an Invoker for a little healing. Either one would be effective.

I read through PHB last night and a Deva Invoker of Ioun would be interesting, and have a nice little hook into the setting.

An elf beast druid would be fun too though. Any suggestions on which would suit the group better?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Could I use my own mini statblock, please?

I don't see the reason for giving utilities a separate color and not list them with the other at-will, encounter or daily powers. There could be also the special equipment abilities be recorded.

If the psion isn't a leader, I will play a dwarf shaman.

Just want to make sure I've got this right :

At-Will Green
Encounter Red
Daily Gray
Utility Blue
Is that correct? If so, is how I denoted the utility powers Ok? Two of them are daily and one is an encounter power. I dented those with a letter in parentheses, E for Encounter and D for Daily. Also, I have four powers from items (Polymorph Weapon, Ruby Scabbard, Instant Campsite and Obsidian Steed). Two of those are encounter and two are daily. Should I list those with the other like type powers as I did or should I list them separately?

The exact formatting of the mini Statblock is not important to me as long as all the information is available at a glance, though I would prefer if the magic items and utilities were simply colored by frequency, (at will, Encounter, Daily) for easy of reference. chalk the color blue's appearence there up to a copy paste error....

One thing that came to my attention in looking over my character's powers is that the default Paladin multiclass feat gives you Divine Challenge as an Encounter power. Since I can already mark as much as I want as a Fighter, this is of little use to me.

Typically, the splat books (Martial Power, Arcane Power) include alternate multiclass feats that give other abilities. For a Paladin, I could imagine a feat that gives Lay on Hands instead of Divine Challenge. Would it be OK to swap out my character's current Paladin Multiclass feat for such a feat, assuming it exists in Divine Power?

Unfortunately, because Barek is a STR build, he doesn't even have any healing abilities as a multiclass Paladin. Unless I'm allowed to get Lay on Hands as a feat, there won't be any healing from Barek.

Since you are specifically stating right now that that is the build you want, when Divine Power comes out show me the feat and you can immediately swap for that feat right then, but that's the only change I'll let you make outside of level up.

Druids get limited healing powers.

Or I could MC cleric as an Invoker for a little healing. Either one would be effective.

I read through PHB last night and a Deva Invoker of Ioun would be interesting, and have a nice little hook into the setting.

An elf beast druid would be fun too though. Any suggestions on which would suit the group better?

Invoker of Ioun would be cool into the setting, but not nessicary, I don't want to influence any of your choices on what you guys want to play surely with 7 characters you guys can find a way to stay alive.

Remove ads