D&D 4E 4e vs. Paizo: Mommy, Daddy, please stop fighting!

Crothian

First Post
4E may be great for WotC and Goodman, but no one else seems to be getting rich from it....

Did anyone get rich off of 3e? Or for that matter anyone get rich making RPGs? I get what your saying and from what I've heard from one company specifically their 4e stuff is not selling great, but I think we can get rid of the illusion that people can get rich off this stuff. :D

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Paizo, of course, isn't interested in tethering itself to another company, and that's a decision they're going to need to live with.

LOL. I think every single employee at Paizo is comfortable with that, being quite familiar with the ramifications of the opposite.

Thanks for the dispassionate analysis, though.

--Erik

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Did anyone get rich off of 3e? Or for that matter anyone get rich making RPGs? I get what your saying and from what I've heard from one company specifically their 4e stuff is not selling great, but I think we can get rid of the illusion that people can get rich off this stuff. :D

Yeah, "rich" is probably not the appropriate term. :)

But I would say Mongoose did *very* well for itself thanks to 3E, and Green Ronin, Goodman and Paizo also blossomed under 3E. No one seems to be emerging due to 4E (but it's still early).

Frankly, I think Paizo would be worse off if they went that route.

Remove ads