• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E: What we think we know

Kae'Yoss

First Post
There will be no 4.5e, 4e is a long way off, and Fox Investigators have found that no Henhouses have been Raided by foxes, ever!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Remathilis said:
There will be no 4.5 because 3.5 was a disaster. Lots of people grumbled about buying the books again. Publishers grumbled about remaking books and losing projects to the revision. Dealers grumbled because 3.0 stuff became deadweight.

WotC learned their lesson: make a new edition, or forget it. No half-way markers anymore.
I sincerely hope you're right. Still, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
-blarg

donnie

First Post
this is one old timer of the D&D games that is NOT going 4e they can keep it I have 1st 2nd an 3rd ed now that total about 10 000 dollars I been playing since I was 16 now 40 good luck to all who play 4e have fun :confused:

donnie said:
this is one old timer of the D&D games that is NOT going 4e they can keep it I have 1st 2nd an 3rd ed now that total about 10 000 dollars I been playing since I was 16 now 40 good luck to all who play 4e have fun
Thanks for playing. Now, do you know anything new about 4E that hasn't been said yet? Because that's what this thread is about, etc.

Michael Tree

First Post
Mistwell said:
From Scott Rouse, Q&A re: DI

A: Our plan is that when you buy a book it will have a unique code and with a very nominal fee you can unlock the e-book version. This will also auto-populate the data bases in the character creator so the system knows what books you own/play with.
This concerns me a little bit. What if someone doesn't own a book, but their GM does, and they want to use something from it with their character. Will the chargen allow people to add stuff to their characters from books they don't personally own?

talien

Community Supporter
Michael Tree said:
This concerns me a little bit. What if someone doesn't own a book, but their GM does, and they want to use something from it with their character. Will the chargen allow people to add stuff to their characters from books they don't personally own?
I have the same concern. To elaborate, I think everybody has the one player who is great fun at the table but is flat broke. These are the guys who live and die by the SRD posted online, and probably never own the books. The only way their characters get any more diverse is by the grace of the DM and other players who own other books. Will the code be tied to the book and account of that one person? I'm guessing it will be.

What this means, and it's probably a brilliant marketing tactic, is if six players want to use the variant systems of Tome of Magic, all six need to buy that book.

marune

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
If that means moving D&D closer to Burning Wheel/Burning Empires, it might well be worth it. :D

Hahaha, I don't think D&D will ever be a "narrative" style RPG, but it seems that the skill system will move to something a little bit more conflict-resolution oriented (vs task-resolution).

Remove ads