D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Do we have rules in 5e about how long it takes to don armor? About sleeping in armor? I will research tomorrow, but in the interest of economy of time, I thought I might inquire with you lot first.

Nothing about sleeping in armour; I've seen discussions saying "no problem" but I don't believe it, and think that sleeping in armour means you shouldn't get the benefits of a long rest. (but others view things differently, admittedly).

Donning rules on PHB p. 146: 1 min for light; 5 min for med; 10 min for heavy; 1 action for shield.

[MENTION=44144]CB[/MENTION]: Also, since PbP isn't really a good format for reactions, I figured it might be helpful to come up with a trigger for Fulgrim casting Shield. I was thinking:

IF Fulgrim's HP are < 5 AND Fulgrim is hit THEN Cast Shield (If slots available)
We last discussed this in early February. Now that Fulgrim is an Abjurer, is this protocol still relevant?

[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]
[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24609]Strahd_Von_Zarovich[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION]
[MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION]

Congratulations, you guys have earned 3rd level. I realize Fulgrim just barely got his 2nd level spells; however, several encounters occurred between the award of 2nd level and ya'll earning enough points to obtain 3rd level. The interim encounters, coupled with the amount of time that has passed since the last award of experience points, make today's award timely.

Now that we understand how long rest works interacts with leveling up and gaining spells, I wonder if you guys would be OK with a houserule designed to accommodate the pace of PbP? I propose that characters immediately gain all benefits of a new level, without the need for the long rest. Otherwise, it could well be two to three months before poor Fulgrim gets the new spells that he earned for attaining 3rd level.

Some of you may note that I awarded 200 XP for the month of January but only 50 XP per month for subsequent months. 5e uses a different advancement chart, and I failed to account for the difference last time. Since there has been mo' better roleplaying after adding Kobold Stew and everyone agreeing that they might be interested in expanding the game to include RP opportunities, however, I think a increase in RP experience points is appropriate.

Experience Points:
Previous XP award 440 XP

Bees 20 XP
Skeletons 30 XP
Trapped cleric's chest 40 XP
Trapped stone chest (no XP awarded b/c trap is not yet overcome)
Orc 10 XP
February 50 XP
March 50 XP
April 50 XP
May 50 XP
Roleplay 400 XP

Total 1140 XP

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'm in favor of the proposed houserule to allow leveling up in absence of a long rest, given that we take those so rarely in PbP.

If this houserule gets adopted, I'll update Guran's character sheet to 3rd.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Woo hoo!
Sounds great. I have no issues with automatically levelling-up, or with using the rest we've just taken for that purpose here.

Actually, it looks like we already all agreed to this houserule back when you guys hit 2nd level. So, yup, it's in place. Everyone please take the full benefit of their new level, and adjust your character sheet as necessary.
[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION], go ahead and update Fulgrim to include any new spells gained at 3rd level. Also, the level gain has a material impact on one of the two spells Fulgrim found on the vellum in the scroll tube.

Forged Fury

First Post
I should be able to update him today, although I'll need to wait until I get home to pick new spells. I don't have access to a full spell list here. The only big change for 3rd level will be adding two new spells known, both likely 2nd level.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
In updating Guran, I find that he started with two handaxes; but he threw one of them as a ranged attack at the orc with the falchion in Hallway A before that orc ran away (shouting, "We've got company!").

For the sake of updating a character sheet, I plan on assuming that the orc didn't take that handaxe with him (embedded in his flesh or otherwise), and further assuming that Guran picked up the handaxe from the hallway -- and that we merely neglected to state such an occurrence explicitly IC. Is that alright?

Remove ads