A casual Pathfinder adventure? (Recruiting Closed)

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey WD, if you play a paly, maybe I can play your squire?

Rhun is it possible for this non piazo thait to be allowed:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/armor-expert?tmpl=/system/app/templates/print/

Sounds fun, epically as you will be most likely better in a fight than my character (if Rhun takes me).

BTW, the trait is also in the PRD. It was reprinted in the APG.

Rhun, what deities will you use? Undecided between vanilla, hospitaler and sacred servant.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I think that is what is meant by a shield bearer- the warrior on the right side of a battle to bear the brunt of an attack.

Rhun

First Post
Oracles make exceptionally good healers. Witches make 'okay' healers.

I can probably fulfill that role regardless of which I choose...though I'm leaning Oracle right now.

Either of those should be fine.

I've done a little thinking/study, and Summoning is going to be nerfed some in this adventure. So while summoning spells will still work, they will not function as expected. Just something to through out there, in case anyone is thinking about it.

Rhun

First Post
If Shayuri chooses the Witch, a Paladin could give some extra healing capabilities.

I like Paladins. Will most likely try out a variant from the APG (they are all on the SRD).

Paladins are good. I'm a big fan. I don't have the APG, but as long as they are on the SRD I'm fine with them.

Rhun

First Post
Hey WD, if you play a paly, maybe I can play your squire?

I'm fine with this, IF you both get chosen for the game. If only one of you makes it, that could pose a problem. But I don't necessarily need backgrounds at this point anyway.

This is fine, and as WD stated, it is in the APG.

Rhun, what deities will you use? Undecided between vanilla, hospitaler and sacred servant.

I was planning on using my homebrew gods. I'll have to get a document posted with that information. I think I have the info around something. :)

Rhun

First Post
And while I do plan on running in this in my homebrew world, and there are several changes...some of which I will post...a full familiarity with it isn't required. For now, this is just going to be a one-shot adventure, tucked away in a small region of the world.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
So so far we have three front line types (Monk, Paladin and associated squire), one ranged/utility character (my halfling sorceror/ranger) and Shayuri has the healing covered with her Oracle (plus support healing from Walking Dad)... We seem to be lacking in the Controller department somewhat, especially as Cauldron is still in first level spell territory... Might have to rethink my level split if I'm chosen, or maybe switch it to Wizard/Ranger?

Shayuri

First Post
Both Oracles and Witches are decent at control. Oracles are better healers, but can control too.

Witches are stronger in control, but can also heal.

I'm still trying to decide what we need most.

Rhun

First Post
So, character concepts submitted thus far are:

Rathan - Oakling Monk 5
Binder Fred - Halfling "Alchemist" (Sorcerer 3/Ranger 2)
Shayuri - Oracle 5 or Witch 5
Scott Dewar - Human Fighter 5
Walking Dad - Paladin 5

I'll probably keep this thread open at least until this weekend before I make any selections as to who is in, and who isn't. During that time I will post up some random background material and such.

Remove ads