• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "character driven" FR campaign.

Voadam

Legend
Ferrix said:
Ah, I was going to make him Lantanese and play up the technology over magic philosophy.

I had originally planned a crossbow wielding marksman, but found that it wasn't really an effective choice compared to other ranged weapons. That and I couldn't find as many interesting 3rd party rules for them.

I remember Librum Equitis Compiled having a crossbowman prc that was interesting.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I guess we're not starting today huh? ;) (Not really a bad thing since I still have lots of work to do on mine... Okay not really. Got to spend money and finish of the background/appearance.)

Voadam

Legend
I'm guessing we won't start until people's characters are done, although I suppose Ion could have Phin accidentally interrupting an arrogant noble shadow weave ritualist who is secretly a vampire causing Voadam to crash in and it is just the two of them who deal with the vampire and the rest of the party gets introduced as the characters are ready.

I'd be fine with that.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Voadam said:
Lord Wyrm, since Eluvan has already posted that he is playing a paladin and therefore is forbidden by his class from associating with evil characters I would suggest either changing the alignment to be not evil or taking some magic that conceals your evil from a paladin's detect evil power and designing the character so he does not have serious conflicts with the paladin.

Because of this I would like a magic item approved.

Ring of Undetectable Alignment: Acts as a continuous Undetectable Alignment spell.

CL: 1rd, Spell Level 1st(Bard), 2nd (Clr, Pal)
As built by a Bard: Cost CL1*SpL1*2000(Continuous effect)/2(Due to Spell Duration)=1000gp

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion, I really don’t think my character is going to work well in this game unless you have some ingenious plan to get us all together or don’t mind us running around alone at times...

I’m thinking it might just be best if I dropped the game before it becomes an IC issue you are forced to deal with. :(

steelshark

First Post
Hmmm sounds very interesting.

some questions:

Do you still have room for another char.

Are psionics in ? :) yes i know, i already play a psion @"a bloody little tale" but i never played one before so I'm eager to see what it can do. If they are in i'll be a psion(telepath) (again ;))

Is Oriental adventures (the race "Vanara" in particular) allowed ? If so I would want to play one, and probably originate form somwhere near the hordelands, where the tuigan live. (There's a big forest in mulhorand, near the hordelands that would be ideal for this.

Have you decided yet on where we start and what lvl we are ??

thx, steel

Ion

Explorer
(1)????? (Eluvan)

Like I said before, the Uthgartd tribesman paladin seems like a really cool idea. You've given me some goals, so all we're waiting for is the character sheet I think.
For Reference:
i. Track down the priestess he's besotted with in Waterdeep
ii. Earn his spurs and prove himself as a knight.

(2)Medowbrook (Brother Shatterstone)
I really don’t think my character is going to work well in this game unless you have some ingenious plan to get us all together or don’t mind us running around alone at times...

It would be sad to see you leave, because you've given a lot of input on this game, and I've much appreciated it. At the very least, if you don't think Medowbrook would be the most fun character you could come up with, nothing is set in stone yet.

I am interested to see how all the characters are going to fit together as well, and it's hard to come up with my ingenious plan when I'm still waiting to figure out who everyone is yet, and what they want to do.

In that vein, I would really appreciate a list of things that would inspire Medowbrook to do the types of adventures you would enjoy.

(3)Voadam the Traveller (Voadam)

Looks good, has lots of history with interesting potential plot developments and goals.
For Reference:
i. reconnect with familiar Waldo who got separated in transdimensional rift
ii. Go to evermeet to make spy report for elven armada.
iii. Recover dragon treasure.
iv. Deal with vampire who drained Voadam after arriving in rift.

(4)????? (Ferrix)

I don't think you've really settled on a character yet have you? Are you still interested in playing? When do you think you might have the basic idea down (I probably don't need this reminder, but a list of your character's goals with the basic idea would really help.)

(5)Phineralthus Flickwort (zevon)

I like your history, and the character idea seems solid. I would really like to see a point form list of Phin's goals, (based around the type of adventures you think would be the most fun.)

(6)Nicos Morieth (Lord Wyrm)

Your character's history is colourful, but it doesn't say much about what Nicos actually plans to do with his life. (besides being as evil as possible without being caught?) I am also interested in your thoughts on how Nikos will fit in with the rest of the group, and why he would help them do the good things they want to do. I have concerns that the element of intra-party conflict he will bring (being of evil alignment...and having a paladin etc.) will not help us meet the goal of everyone enjoying the game as much as possible. I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the subject.

"the list"
(a)djrdjmsqrd
(b)D20Dazza
(c)steelshark

I think I'm all full at the moment Steelshark, but I've added you to "the list"

In general, I'm thinking perhaps starting at the point where Voadam enters the world isn't the best idea, because it wouldn't involve all of the characters. I'm sure once we know who everybody is, and what their business is in Waterdeep, we can come up with a situation and a reason that it is best we all work together.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
It would be sad to see you leave, because you've given a lot of input on this game, and I've much appreciated it. At the very least, if you don't think Medowbrook would be the most fun character you could come up with, nothing is set in stone yet.

I actually really like my character, I'm having some trouble getting it on paper but I do know what I want to do... I just not sure how she would interact with the others...

Ion said:
In that vein, I would really appreciate a list of things that would inspire Medowbrook to do the types of adventures you would enjoy.

I don't know maybe I've made her to complex. As just a performing bard she could have enjoyed traveling to different places but being an academic bard also she feels lost with out a large stack of books with her. (I had toyed with making a portable library for her but it got way to expensive for a 4th level character.)

Now, she is a “good girl” willing to make sacrifices. So typical good party adventures probably do apply.

I’ll try to do this in a list format to spare you some of my ramblings. :eek:

• Quest for Knowledge: Meadowbrook hasn’t met a book she didn’t like. (Though she is reasonable enough in her quest to leave magical evil books alone.)
  • Family: Meadowbrook’s family is very important to her. (Her “step mom” is frail and perfect for DM manipulation.)
  • Heritage: Meadowbrook would like to met her mother (but is also scared too), she wants to know why she isn’t a full nymph (there are no male nymphs after all… I figured a ceremony needs to be done and I also figure that it’s to late now. That way you don’t need to worry about a full nymph running around.)
  • Travel: She would love to see the world she has read about but its hard leaving home. (Leaving family first and foremost but also leaving the library)
  • Music: Like her quest for knowledge Meadowbrook is very fascinated by music. (rumors of a new style or of musical magic [instrument or otherwise] would intrigue her.)
  • Morals: Meadowbrook has a good sets of morals. (the suffering of others would bother her and stuff like that.)
  • Sune and Sharess Temples: Meadowbrook has some connections with these Temples. (they could request her to perform tasks for them.)
  • Oghma: Meadowbrook considers herself a worshipper of Oghma. (Requests could always come from him (?) or his temple.)

I could probably come up with more if required. :)

So let me know if you think their is a place for her in the game...

Ion

Explorer
Well my first thought is that it doesn't seem unlikley to me that you might have some idea where Eluvan's Paladin might find his lovley priestess of Sune.

Remove ads