A Little Challenge

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
'o Skoteinos said:
Human Nec 5 / Red 10 / Acm 5...

Cohort:
Human Wizard 20 (with Multiattack and Multiweapon Fighting quickdraw, improved critical (scimitar))

On page 45 of the DMG, in the Leadership section, under "Cohort Level", it states that you can't have a cohort of your level or higher, no matter what your Leadership score is. He'd be limited to a 19th level cohort.

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Explanations:

Proof against Transmutation (MoF)

+6, makes you invulnerable to all transmutatin effects that change your form, like: polymorph, petrification, desintegration.

Spellsword (MoF)

+1, Absorbs one spell targetted at you (you can cast it again next round or let it drain away harmlessly)

Greater Rod of Persistant Spell (none)

Not in any book (I think). Based on various rods in T&B. This is the item that makes this combo work.

Duplicate (BoEM2)

9th level. Creates an exact Duplicate of your (including weapons, Armor). Has the same spells as you do, limitations of x/day use items and spells are not expended.

Gestalt (BoEM2)

6th level. Merges 2 nonplant creatures together into one creature. Both creatures can make opposed charisma checks each round to gain control (in my case, everyone but me takes 1). So, cast on yourself and Duplicate. Cast again on "yourself" and cohort. Cast again on "yourself" and 2nd duplicate.

Come to think about it, combine this with CLONE!!

Paneolo (LoD)

Drug. +2 DC, 1d6+1 Temp. Cha damage. 2nd dose withing one hour, +1 to DC, additional 1d6+1 Temp. Cha damage.

Two Minds (R&R)

9th, gives you "two minds". Effectively, it's a kind of haste effect that works while Time Stopped.

Nonesuch Spell (BoEM2)

6th (iirc), 1 spell cannot be cast in 10 ft. of you.

I don't have BoEM2 (a friend does), so I don't know what the range of that last spell is...

Jairami: I'll clear it up sometime, but I'm a bit chaotic, and when I don't use a char sheet, it always is one big mess...:/ I'll post in in Sultans when I have perfected it (I'm gonna add some clones, or take 140 followers...just need to see what's best).

Al

First Post
In the rush to munch out on power, we've forgotten first principles. This is a top-level arena battle, and we've totally ignored INITIATIVE. Your best combination is not a super-smackdown wizard, but a wizard with ultimate Initiative.

Ok. Try this:
(I don't have FR/MaOF/other smackdown books other than the 'mainstream' class books)

Dex= 20(base, you are an elf) +5advancement +5inherent +17Curse of the Brute*=47, +18mod

*Remember, you are maxing out Dex. Int only needs to be 19.
Use Lim Wish to emulate.

+4 Improved Initiative
(can't think of anything else- FR anyone?)

Total=+22

Then, take one level of cleric (luck) and enough of fatespinner to ensure two rerolls/day. Grab a luck weapon from the PsiHB.

So you have +22 to Init, four rerolls. You're going to win initiative. And of course if they roll well, force them to reroll (fatespinner ability)

Meanwhile, Int=18+5inherent+13Quadruple Empowered (3normal, 1rod) -17 CotB=19.

Easy from here. Spend all the rest of your money on scrolls of Time Stop, Meteor Storm etc. A few Disjunction Scrolls will probably come in handy.

You'll be killing them before they have time to react.

Jairami

First Post
Asmodeus said:
I have high level smackdown game coming up soon. It is an exercise of powergaming so no need to justify any ability for roleplaying reasons. I'm currently stumped for idea and would appreciate any help.

Game? As in like a module with 4 PC's working together to go do something?

Or arena deathmatch where it's you against the other PC's in a finite amount of space playing quick draw with your uber powers?

Artoomis

First Post
This might be able to be made better, but here we go, assuming I am allowed a custom magic item (the belt a massive spell resistance)

Saving throws could be higher with custom made magic items, but then spell resistance would be lower, and it seems like more things get SR than a save.

Beating SR 51 should be near impossible.

You could tweak this out quite a bit, and many of his equipment choices would apply for other character types. If desired, multiple rings of wishes could be purchased. Seems like victory is pretty well assured with a ring of wishes and +14 initiative so you can go first. If not, few characters are as survivable.

M Human Monk (OA) 20
hp 284;
Init +14;
Spd Walk 90'ft.;
AC 42; (vs. Touch Attack: 42)
Atk = +20/+15/+10 melee, +25/+20/+15 ranged
(+18/+13/+10/+8 w/flurry of blows. Damage = 1d20 + 5);

Evasion, Flurry of Blows, Still Mind, Purity of Body, Wholeness of Body, Leap of the Clouds, Improved Evasion, Ki Strike +3, Diamond Body, Abundant Step, Diamond Soul, Quivering Palm, Timeless Body, Tongue of the Sun and Moon, Slow Fall (any distance), Empty Body, Perfect Self;

Fort +30, Ref +28, Will +30;

SR 51

Str 20, Dex 31, Con 26, Int 16, Wis 31, Cha 13.

Skills and Feats:
Balance +36, Climb +28, Hide +34, Jump +8, Listen +34, Move Silently +34, Search +4, Spot +36, Tumble +34,

Blind-Fight, Cosmopolitan (Spot), Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Eyes in the Back of your Head, Great Fortitude,
Great Ki Shout, <I'm not exactly sure if this is useful at this level>
Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Ki Shout,
Lightning Reflexes,
Spellfire Wielder <Might be useful, but I'm not sure - I don;t know enough about how this works>,

Possessions

Amulet of Health +6, 36,000 gp
Moon Bracers +8, 84,160 gp <The extra Dimension Door will come in handy.>
Belt, Monk's 9,000 gp <For the haste.>
Boots (Winged), 12,000 gp
Ring (Freedom of Movement), 40,000gp <Just in case you get caught in something nasty>
Cloak of Resistance +5, 25,000 gp
Ring (Three Wishes), 97,950 gp <If all else fails - wish yourself victory!>
4 Rods (Absorption) 200,000 gp
Headband of Perfect Excellence, 180,000 gp
Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone) +1, 10,000 gp
Manual of Bodily Health +5 (Used Up), 137,500 gp
Tome of Understanding +5 (Used Up), 137,500 gp
Manual of Quickness of Action +5 (Used Up), 137,500 gp
Belt of Massive Spell Resistance (SR 51) 390,000 gp

Leaving 4,390 for mundane equipment.

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
<begin Hong Kong action flick dub accent>

<mouth moves> Your gung fu is strong <mouth moves more> grasshopper...

<pause><mouth moves><pause> But you look silly wearing belts two!! <melodramatic laugh, followed a second later by the actual character laughing>

<pummels you with a 36 strength orc monk with +5 amulets of mighty fists and boots of speed and flurry of blows for +31/+31/+31/+28/+25/+22/+19 at 1d20+18>

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
The pixie-in-the-backpack-with-AM-Field is a great one. I've used it before, in a CR12 arena battle, and the guy wearing it was a Half-Dragon Troll with Adamantine armor. Non-magical AC of 32, up to 37 with Expertise. NASTY! Especially when his buddy cast Solid Fog to slow down his opponents.

That being said, there is an even better AM Field Idea -- and that's to have one on a Half-Celestial Centaur.

Either you be the Centaur, or ride it -- the point is that by the rules (at least, my interpretation), the Centaur will have a non-magical movement rate of 100'.

If the guy riding it has an Adamantine Lance . . . well, I'm sure you know where this is going :).

THAT being said . . .

Forget everything we've told you about using AM Fields. Nothing will draw a target on your head faster. And you won't be able to be invisible or Hasted. As someone else said, you've got to figure out a way to lie low while the other guys beat the crap out of each other.

And if Non-Detection foils True Seeing, then it's Dust of Disappearance time, baby.

Shadeus

First Post
Artoomis said:
<snip>

Possessions

Amulet of Health +6, 36,000 gp
Moon Bracers +8, 84,160 gp <The extra Dimension Door will come in handy.>
Belt, Monk's 9,000 gp <For the haste.>
Boots (Winged), 12,000 gp
Ring (Freedom of Movement), 40,000gp <Just in case you get caught in something nasty>
Cloak of Resistance +5, 25,000 gp
Ring (Three Wishes), 97,950 gp <If all else fails - wish yourself victory!>
4 Rods (Absorption) 200,000 gp
Headband of Perfect Excellence, 180,000 gp
Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone) +1, 10,000 gp
Manual of Bodily Health +5 (Used Up), 137,500 gp
Tome of Understanding +5 (Used Up), 137,500 gp
Manual of Quickness of Action +5 (Used Up), 137,500 gp
Belt of Massive Spell Resistance (SR 51) 390,000 gp

Leaving 4,390 for mundane equipment.

You have two belts in there. I'm pretty sure you can only have one belt working at a time. so you would lose the haste from the monk belt. Of course that could easily be replaced with a potion of haste, so no big loss.

Artoomis

First Post
Yes, yes, two belts. Whoops.

Well, the belt of massive spell resistance could be made into anything - gloves, for instance.

Or forget the monks belt and use potions of haste - that might be better, anyway.

Last edited:

Jairami

First Post
How about a Pal10/Windrider10 doing lance spirited charges from the back of this mofo...

((Dragon courtesy of CRGreathouse's MW Tools))

MATURE ADULT BRONZE DRAGON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huge Dragon (Water)
Hit Dice: 24d12+8d8+192 (400 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 ft, fly 150 ft (poor)
AC: 39 (-1 Dex, -2 size, +32 natural)
Attacks: Bite +40 melee, 2 claws +35 melee, 2 wings +35 melee, tail slap +35 melee
Damage: Bite 2d8+12, claw 2d6+6, wing 1d8+6, tail slap 2d6+18
Face/Reach: 10 ft by 20 ft / 10 ft
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, spell-like abilities, frightful presence
Special Qualities: Water breathing, immunities, DR 10/+1, blindsight, keen senses, SR 23
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +17, Will +20
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 9, Con 23, Int 23, Wis 15, Cha 19
Skills: Bluff +36, Concentration +38, Diplomacy +36, Escape Artist +31, Knowledge (arcana, geography, history) +38, Listen +36, Scry +38, Search +38, Sense Motive +34, Spellcraft +38, Spot +36
Feats: Hover, Flyby Attack, Power Attack, Cleave, Snatch, Improved Initiative, Spell Focus (Evocation), Alertness, Wingover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: Always lawful good

SA–Breath Weapon (Su): Line of lightning, 100 feet long, every 1d4 rounds; damage 14d6, Reflex half DC 32. This dragon can use a cone of repulsion instead, forcing subjects who fail a Will save to move away from the dragon for 1d6+7 rounds.
SA–Frightful Presence (Ex): Dragons can unsettle foes with their mere presence. This ability takes effect automatically (radius 210 ft) whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. A potentially affected creature (one with less than 32 HD) that succeeds at a Will save (DC 30) remains immune to that dragon's frightful presence for one day. On a failure, creatures with 4 or fewer HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with more than 5 HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.
SA–Spell-Like Abilities: At will - speak with animals; 3/day - polymorph self, create food and water, fog cloud.
SQ–Immunities (Ex): Immune to electricity, sleep, paralysis.
SQ–Water Breathing (Ex): This dragon can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapons, spells, and other abilities while submerged.
SQ–Blindsight (Ex): Dragons can ascertain creatures by nonvisual means (mostly hearing and scent, but also by noticing vibrations and other environmental clues); this dragon's range is 210 feet.
SQ–Keen Senses (Ex): Dragons can see four times as well as humans in low-light conditions and twice as well in normal light. They also have darkvision (range 700 feet).
Spells Known (cast 6/7/7/7/5; as a level 9 sorcerer): 0–detect magic, resistance, detect poison, read magic, dancing lights, ghost sound, mage hand, open/close; 1–endure elements, mage armor, divine favor, cure light wounds, shield; 2–bull's strength, cat's grace, blur, endurance; 3–haste, dispel magic, protection from elements; 4–spell immunity, dimension door.

Flyby, x5 lance attack with double strength modifier because of rhino hide and power lunge, dragon attempts to grapple as it flys by using a claw touch attack and an opposed grapple to fly off with a foe in its talons like a fish in a bird's. Fly away, breath on it, drop it, dive onto it (spirited charge again) snatch it up again. Rinse, repeat.

Or just fly by and as it's partial action in the move, breath, and on yours make your charge attack, then fly away, buff, heal if necessary (gotta love Heal Mount on a 400 hp mount that you can use your ride skill against every attack roll (mounted combat) to negate each hit), return with breath weapon reloaded, and repeat.

Last edited:

Remove ads