A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Leif

Adventurer
Not really sure there is one. It's from a novel I read in H.S. - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. Best I can tell it's a word expressing exasperation.
I remember The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers! That is not where 'pshaw' originated , though. I've seen it in numerous other places, and I was just joking around, anyway. "Exasperation" is the essence of "pshaw," I believe, so you're absoluely right!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think I remember pshaw from To Kill a Mockingbird. But I could be wrong - that was a LONG time ago :D

Working on the description now. Sorry - got busy at work, then after got busy as well.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
In the meantime, here's a picture of Kelmarane that might give a little better understanding of the layout, when combined (in your minds) with the map. It shows the elevation change along the road winding up the hill from the south.

Kelmarane_zpsba7021f6.png

Leif

Adventurer
I think I remember pshaw from To Kill a Mockingbird. But I could be wrong - that was a LONG time ago :D

Google revealed this:

pshaw /(p)SHô/

Exclamation

An expression of contempt or impatience.

Verb

Utter such an exclamation: "when I suggested that free trade might dilute Canadian culture, he pshawed".

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Hmmmm, looks like we should stash some barrels we'll padded with straw near the center of town. If we get into trouble we could jump in and roll our way to freedom. Might be a little bumpy, but I can't think of a faster escape until we get to Teleport levels.

Remove ads