• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, I think we oughta just get outa here and head to the rendezvous before more trouble finds us. These scum attacked us after all, so I don't feel much pity for them. Let's just get outta here and get our mission done." Phoenix says while surveying the streets for any further trouble or any sign of the Watch. "I don't much like our odds of talking our way out of being arrested by the Watch a second time."

LiquidBlue

First Post
Given that these men attacked you, I don't see how we could get into trouble with the watch. But I do agree that we must be going. Taking this man would likely slow us down however much we might desire information. Leaving him hear should not be a problem, but murdering him will be a problem.

DerHauptman

First Post
Ray looks at <winks> Pinkie then back at the others.....

Ok, lets go then....you all go ahead we'll follow behind and make sure we're not tailed again.

He then begins rifling through the fallen mans pockets taking anything of value...

Pinkie, see what that guy over there (the one Ray killed earlier) has for us....

They will take anything of value that is left on the fallen men.

BigB

First Post
As the group discusses the best course of action Ray speaks up Ok, lets go then....you all go ahead we'll follow behind and make sure we're not tailed again.

He then begins rifling through the fallen mans pockets taking anything of value...

Pinkie, see what that guy over there (the one Ray killed earlier) has for us....

They will take anything of value that is left on the fallen men.

Phoenix wanting to avoid another discussion with the city watch hauls Uggla to his feet and looks around to see if there is any help to drag/carry him in order to increase the groups speed and safely turn him over to their employer. As she looks around she discovers Pinkie has walked away leaving her holding the drunk, with Verrick nearby attending the wounds of one of the fallen.

OoC: Seems everyone has agreed to move on. Once I know actions and marching order I will post next events and what the searches have uncovered.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick may have a -1 CHA modifier, but he has +2 modifiers to INT and WIS

I am fairly skilled at noticing things. I think it would be better I were the one to hang back from the rest of the party. Verrick is clearly unwilling to leave the man alone with either of the haflings. I think we need to remove ourselves to an alley, and figure out how we are to make our rendevouz.

OOC: Verrick will be sincerely offended by any robbery attempts by members of his party, but he knows how to pick his battles. Plus, taking weapons does not seem all that bad. I suppose because it could be considered a defensive action. Furthermore the idea of saps in the hands of Ray and Pinkie is more appealing than daggers.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The longer we wait, the better chance of being stopped methinks. The katara speaks up, "Staying any longer could be letting more of those men catch us. We must move to a hiding place or get to the warehouse. Standing here in the street will be getting us all killed. Bring the man or kill the man, but don't dally any longer." He moves to roughly sieze the other side of Uggla and help Phoenix move him along.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix readjusts to share her load with Lookspring and starts moving, knowing that they will be the slowest of the party as long as they are dragging their assigned target along. "Let's move it people. Ray...Pinkie...let's get a move on. It's hard to spend the extra couple coppers from their pockets in a jail cell. Especially considering that our bigger payoff gets to us faster if we get this guy where he's supposed to be." she says quietly over her shoulder as she walks away.

BigB

First Post
Phoenix readjusts to share her load with Lookspring and starts moving, knowing that they will be the slowest of the party as long as they are dragging their assigned target along. "Let's move it people. Ray...Pinkie...let's get a move on. It's hard to spend the extra couple coppers from their pockets in a jail cell. Especially considering that our bigger payoff gets to us faster if we get this guy where he's supposed to be." she says quietly over her shoulder as she walks away.

The longer we wait, the better chance of being stopped methinks. The katara speaks up, "Staying any longer could be letting more of those men catch us. We must move to a hiding place or get to the warehouse. Standing here in the street will be getting us all killed. Bring the man or kill the man, but don't dally any longer."
Phoenix and Lookspring begin dragging/carrying Uggla toward the destination heedless of the others.

[sblock= Phoenix and Lookspring] The street before you seems even more deserted than it had before the encounter. Where before there were few people lurking about there is now none. [/sblock]

Verrick watches Pinkie and Ray search the bodies. I am fairly skilled at noticing things. I think it would be better I were the one to hang back from the rest of the party. Verrick is clearly unwilling to leave the man alone with either of the haflings. I think we need to remove ourselves to an alley, and figure out how we are to make our rendevouz. Verrick seems disturbed by the scene before him.

[sblock= Pinkie] the body you search has severely worn leather armor, a club and a sap. In his left boot is a small bag with 2 sp and 4 cp. He is definately not of the upper class.[/sblock]

[sblock= Ray] the body you search has well kept leather armor that has been dyed black, a pouch ona string about his neck with 5 gp and 15 sp. Lying beside him is a well crafted ornate dagger, doubtfully something this man obtained legally. [/sblock]

DerHauptman

First Post
Looking the ornate weapon over, coveting it greatly, Ray stealthily (Sleight of Hand Roll = 27 ) shoves the dagger into the belt near the small of his back, a place left vacant buy the dagger presumably still in one of his latest victims.

Looking over at Pinkie for the nod that she is ready to go he stands up and puts the little pouch around his neck.

Ok lets go then....

As they walk of slightly behind the group he leans in and whispers to Pinkie...

This bunch is a little self-righteous for a bunch of hired kidnappers ey?

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick follows

Checking the man one last time, Verrick then leaves to follow after the party. He keeps an eye and an ear out for anyone as they try to flee the now desereted street.

Last edited:

Remove ads