• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram, Elan Ranger 1

OOC: Is the man who let the party in, inside the warehouse or did he secure the door from the outside.

Verrick acknowledges their employer with a nod of his head and signals towards Uggla. Though he has several questions for his employer, Verrick feels it is best to allow one of his teammates to open the conversation.

DerHauptman

First Post
Ok, I'll say it...

Who the hell is this guy <points to Uggla> and what the ^%^K do people want him so bad for?

We just killed a half dozen people to get him here - 200gp please!
<puts out hand>

Geesh
!

Ray looks over at Pinkie and makes some hand gestures that seem to be some form of communication, however, it is impossible for other to decipher.

[sblock=Communication] This had better be worth it...I got nothing against killing you know but damn 3 people in one night is a bit much - what is he a &^%ing king or something?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix mantains her grip on Uggla and walks him forward, toward their employer. Keeping an eye out for any surprises, she makes her way across the expanse of the wharehouse ready to get this job done with. Hearing Ray's complaints, she nods and says under her breath "Yep, what he said."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring's eyes dark back and forth as he scans the interior of the warehouse. His tail lashes back and forth betraying his mood despite his attempt to adopt a calm debonair. Unable to stay still he begins prowling the room, gazing into dark corners and between crates as he searches for a phantom enemy. His ears perk up and he looks up from his search towards the others as the talk turns to payment.

BigB

First Post
The man from the alley is again outside and the door has been closed.

You employer looks at Uggla as you drag him in. As I feared he has taken some damage. He is alive I hope. Your employer waves you over to him. Bring him here. He turns and calls out to someone. It seems I will need your services. As another man steps from a hidden spot and walks toward Uggla. This man carries no weapons.

LiquidBlue

First Post

Verrick maintains his silence, but looks the newly revealed man over, giving special attention to the presence and identity of any holy symbols. Unfortunately, with the uncomfortable situation Verrick has found himself in, he is a little distracted and really doesn't take in more than the man's most obvious features. Spot: (1d20+5=8)

Giving in to his nervousness, Verrick says, "Uggla is going to be okay, right?"

OOC: I did not include Verrick's favored enemy bonus. If the man is human, it could be argued that Verrick gets an additional +2, in which case his check equals 10 -- most obvious features.

BigB

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
Verrick maintains his silence, but looks the newly revealed man over, giving special attention to the presence and identity of any holy symbols. Unfortunately, with the uncomfortable situation Verrick has found himself in, he is a little distracted and really doesn't take in more than the man's most obvious features. Spot: (1d20+5=8)

Giving in to his nervousness, Verrick says, "Uggla is going to be okay, right?"

OOC: I did not include Verrick's favored enemy bonus. If the man is human, it could be argued that Verrick gets an additional +2, in which case his check equals 10 -- most obvious features.

The new man is human and does not bear any holy symbols but does appear to be a healer using natural herbs and such. As you watch the man he announces This one will be fine, mostly his problem is too much drink. He digs through a few pouches and produces a powder and puts it under Uggla's nose. Uggla begins twisting to get away from what must be an awful smell but regains consciousness.

The employer smiles Good of you to join us. I would like to offer you a business proposition my friend. Considering the circumstances of your former shipmates attempting to silence you I think it is in your best interest to accept.

Uggla looks a bit confused. Friend???? I dont know you, and I dont know what you are talking about; shipmates trying to kill me. For what???? Uggla gets quiet for a moment as though what he had talked about just came to him and the implications of what would happen if the captain found out. No! I wouldn't. This can't be. We were to be rich beyond our dreams. How do I know this is what you say. How do I know the captain has heard. Looking at Phoenix, Pinkie, Ray, Verrick and Lookspring he asks Is this true? Does this man speak the truth? Does the captain know?

LiquidBlue

First Post

BigB said:
Looking at Phoenix, Pinkie, Ray, Verrick and Lookspring he asks Is this true? Does this man speak the truth? Does the captain know?

We removed you from the Snooty Pig before your shipmates showed up, but it was close. I ran into Velter and Omar. They seemed deadly serious about keeping the venture quiet.

Verrick then addresses their employer.

You need to answer Ray's question. Velter and Omar were not the only threats we had to deal with. What do you know about this other threat? Your man seemed to think that we were being followed.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Uggla said:
Looking at Phoenix, Pinkie, Ray, Verrick and Lookspring he asks Is this true? Does this man speak the truth? Does the captain know?

"Sorry bub, knowledge wasn't in our job description. The man there is the one in the know." Phoenix says, pointing at their employer.

BigB

First Post
Your employer looks a little puzzled. Other threat? I know not what this is. The only threat other than normal low life in this area is from his shipmates. He turns and points to a pile of sacks in a corner There is your payment. Then turns back to Uggla. You know the coordinates correct? If you provide them or lead me to the island we can become rich beyond your dreams just as you had hoped. I will make you a partner in this venture. What say you?

Uggla looks truly frightened. No they will hunt us to the last man. It will be a death sentence.

It is a death sentence for you if you do not join with me. They will not trust you now and you know too much!

Remove ads