• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
At the mention of untold riches, Lookspring stops his prowling and turns his full attention to their employer. Even when his employer points out the money sacks he continues to watch and listen to the conversation between two. His eyes widen as he thinks to himself, Rich beyond our dreams...

Phoenix8008

First Post
Seeing their employer point out the bags with their pay in them, Phoenix walks directly over to them and picks one up. (Unless someone tries to stop her...) Keeping an open ear towards the conversation, she opens up the bag to check it's contents and make sure it looks correct. If it is, she tucks the bag away for safe keeping while thinking 'Hmmm, more riches? Have to see what this is about before we go. Maybe another job needing my services...'

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram, Elan Ranger

BigB said:
Your employer looks a little puzzled. Other threat? I know not what this is. The only threat other than normal low life in this area is from his shipmates. He turns and points to a pile of sacks in a corner There is your payment.

As Phoenix, Verrick walks over and picks up one of the bags. He hefts a little, but keeps his eyes fixed on Uggla and their employer.

BigB said:
You know the coordinates correct? If you provide them or lead me to the island we can become rich beyond your dreams just as you had hoped. I will make you a partner in this venture. What say you?

Uggla looks truly frightened. No they will hunt us to the last man. It will be a death sentence.

It is a death sentence for you if you do not join with me. They will not trust you now and you know too much!

Verrick a little unsure of himself, did we rescue this man, or just place him into trouble, speaks up, "I do not wish to overstep my bounds, but perhaps you could act to reassure Uggla. Velter and Omar mentioned that this was their last night of shore leave before they left. Since you desire to travel to the same location, perhaps you could tell Uggla how you plan to avoid an altercation with his shipmates once you arrive."

BigB

First Post
Lookspring listens as Uggla talks of his scheme to get rich.

Phoenix walks over to the pile of sacks, noticing there are 5 sacks. As she hefts one it seems a bit heavy for 200 gp that was promised. Opening it she sees that it is indeed gold coins. Perhaps more than promised.

Uggla turns to Verrick, You do know the yellow sash's are pirates? Your employer speaking to Uggla... Yes , yes we will attempt to avoid them. If that fails we will have to deal with them. It will take some time to make arrangements, and I will have to hide you until we depart, but I need to know where the island is.

Just then the door opens and the one who showed the way in enters and yells to the employer We have company and they are settin the warehouse on fire. He then takes Uggla by the arm and with the employer following they move to the far side away from the door and hide behind some crates.

Someone begins smashing at the door from the outside....

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

OOC: I will post my action soon. I just wanted to comment that you have made some rather helpful maps in the past, and this seems like a situation that may require another one.

Is there more than one exit/entrance? If I understand correctly, inside the warehouse at this moment is Uggla, their employer, the healer, the bouncer, Verrick, Phoenix, Ray, Pinkie, and Lookspring. Is this correct?

How is the entrance that is being beaten upon secured? Can any indication of the fire be seen from the inside?

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring hisses and whirls about, drawing his bow in the same motion. "More of them? Methinks they did not learn their lesson... The money!" Turning away from the door he races towards the table intent on securing his payment before all hell breaks loose.

DerHauptman

First Post
&^%...

Well, Pinkie shall we dance?

He takes out his crossbow, grabs his bag of loot one for Pinkie and turns to face the group...

Ok then...where to from here <looking at the "employer"> sort of up to you from here isn't it we can consider ourselves "cashed out" and leave you to the barbarians at the gate, or....

We can become partners and we find out where that map leads, we'll ensure you get out of here with Uggla and alive.

Who's with me?

<waits for chorus of answers....> then

OK then Sir, looks like its up to you...take us with you or take off on your own...what'll it be...

LiL'Hauptman

First Post
Ohhhh....dancing, you know how to make a girl blush...

At that she cocks her crossbow menacingly.

She listens to Ray's speach, thinking..."Damn he's good - gotta love the manipulaitng touches there..."

She looks at Uggla and the employer and sort of points the crossbow in their direction meancingly but not directly threatening...

I'm in, what do you say, even-up - all of us who want to go along?

Lets do it....

Up to you?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix ignites her mind blade before speaking. "Well, in for a copper, in for a gold I guess. Let's take these goons down!" She finds a little cover and watches the door until something she can attack becomes apparent.

Remove ads