A Sailor Talks Too Much (El Jefe Judging)(completed)

BigB

First Post
OoC: Here we go. On the map you see Letters to indicate positions of each of you. The red oval is the coin pile, yellow circle is Uggla, blue circle is employer. All others are out of sight and who knows where. The door to the north has a wooden beam bracing it and is the door being battered. Smoke is starting to enter the warehouse although not yet enough to affect breathing. The crates and barrells offer partial protection or complete if you hide behind them.

The employer calls out If you are with me hold them off a while then follow through the trap door. Call out "my mother is blue" when you enter the trap door. He then leads Uggla through the crates toward the southern end of the warehouse.

OoC: This encounter will conclude the adventure. I will be running a continuation after that giving you some time to supply, level up, etc... There are a few choices here. Deal with these intruders and follow, deal with intruders and leave, sneak out, or whatever else you can think up. If you want to continue the mission you need to somehow link up with Uggla.

Attachments

• warehuse.jpg
    warehuse.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 114

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

Without ever opening the pouch, Verrick pockets his payment. he then moves to take up a position next to the door.

OOC: When we need it, Verrick rolled an 8 for initiative.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

OOC: I would like to modify Verrick's previously stated action. He does move to the entrance. He will take a position by it, if it seems that the door will be quickly breached, if it seems as if the door will hold for a few moments, he will take the following action.

Moving to the nearest crate, Verrick quietly says: Help me brace the door. Then he tries to push the crate against the door.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: So the door to the north is being battered but nobody is at the double doors to the west that we can tell?

"Verrick, this place is on fire! I don't think blocking the exits is the answer here unless you want to run before we fight them. As for me, I'd rather make sure none of them are alive to follow us. I was actually thinking of removing the beam and letting them in. Or maybe going out the side door and flanking them around the corner of the building. What do you think?"

Initiative (1d20+2=11)

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verrick Dram

Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: So the door to the north is being battered but nobody is at the double doors to the west that we can tell?

"Verrick, this place is on fire! I don't think blocking the exits is the answer here unless you want to run before we fight them. As for me, I'd rather make sure none of them are alive to follow us. I was actually thinking of removing the beam and letting them in. Or maybe going out the side door and flanking them around the corner of the building. What do you think?"

Verrick pauses. You make a good point. I figure that exiting through the side door is a poor idea. They must have it covered, waiting in ambush. I guess we have two options. Open the door, and fight them now, or barricade the door, keeping them out, then retreating through the tunnel. Even if they manage to follow us to the tunnel, there we would be safe from the fire.

You know opening the door, and having it out with them might be the better option.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Let us take the battle to them then!" Phoenix says with a wide grin. "Verrick, follow me to the north door so we can open it and fight them in the bottleneck. That way we can keep them coming through in smaller numbers."

Moving with Verrick, she goes to the north door and helps him to lift the beam away from the door and throw it aside. With her mind blade pulsing in readiness, Phoenix stands back to allow the incoming battle to wash over her with it's cleansing fire of chaos.

DerHauptman

First Post
Right then..

I got 5 gp says the 1st one dies in the doorway....

Ray with his crossbow in hand takes a position behind some barrels hoping to get the first shot off when the door opens.

[sblock]

Ray is sucking on Init this time = 9

Just so its ready his attack in the 1st person through the door is = 14 Attack 6 DMG

[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Phoenix and Verrick move to the side door and remove the bar. The next resounding "crack" swings the door wide open exposing a shocked extremely large woman, too large to be human but no signs of what mix race she is, holding an equally large two-handed hammer. All she can manage is huh, uhoh! as Ray hits her solidly in the shoulder. Phoenix and Verrick move to finish her. Phoenix reacts a bit faster and drops the woman where she stands but silhouetted in the doorway she catches a stone (3pts damage) on an exposed part of her arm. Phoenix and Verrick can hear someone yelling the side door, they are coming out the side door! No one immediately enters the doorway, but movement back in the shadows is seen, at least 4 more. Verrick recoginizes one as a man from the earlier attack whom had run away.

The smoke in the warehouse is getting thicker, although no DC yet needed to breathe, and the temperature is noticeably rising.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Despite the rising heat and smoke haze filling the air, Lookspring does his best to hold position, hoping to pick off at least one of the attackers before withdrawing.

ooc
[SBLOCK]
Readied action vs sight
Longbow +6 1d6+1
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads