• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A world in Darkness IC- Calling Wilphe and Nac Mac Feegle

Zerth

First Post
"Gor sorry for you. Too bad you not minotaurs. We never get lost, always know the way." The minotaur pauses and thinks some more scratching his head. "Gor not sure he understands all you say, but maybe even minotaur could not find your home. That maybe some magic-stuff, that always makes Gor's head hurt."

"Thank you for food. You very good hosts. Gor hopes he could help you better."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Argentus keeps an eye on the tiefling and says little other than thank you and more please. He is trying to remember who this being is and why he feels so ill at ease with him here.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Somewhere secure to rest up would be nice and maybe a talk with your scouts, in private," she moves on from business, "How is it you manage to survive up here, or is this just an elaborate rope trick?"

Ghostknight

First Post
The Guide smiles

I am glad you find the food and entertainment to your liking. You are welcome to stay with us as long as you need, a hut will be provided for your use. You are also welcome to stock up on food. It s something we have plenty of!

Turning to Sychella he continues

Our scouts will be made available to you, those that have come back. Our other guest has requested a private meeting with you. Perhaps after you meet with him?

Leaning forward he gives a worried look in the direction of the strange man

Truthfully, we do not know who or what he is, merely that he does not seem allied with the rulers outside and is powerful in his own right, but we have no idea of how powerful he may or may not be. Be wary of him, we do not knowif he can be trusted.

The rest of the meal passes uneventfully- eventually winding down, parents carrying sleeping (or protesting) children outside and the servers clearing up the remnants of the food.

One of them comes forward to you all and to the strange man

Lords, if you would all follow me, a chamber has been prepared in which you can meet. The creature steps away, and the man rises to follow, smiling as he looks at you, evidently happy to finally be getting down to meeting with you.

Come, there is much to discuss and fates cruel little ways to be explored. Do not worry, I offer an oath that I will not harm you, nor will I this night do anything to bring harm to you. Very deliberately hr turns his back, offering it as unprotected target as he follows behind the creature.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Thank you, your good health," Sychella stands and follows the creature out.
<If you as powerful as they say then it would not matter if you were baring your throat at me>

Zerth

First Post
Gor follows with others staying near Sychella and constantly keeping an eye on the strange arrogant man, who wishes to negotiate with them, but still giving veiled threats about his great power.

Whispering to Sychella as they go, "Hrrrm, Gor not trust that one. We not need help from likes of him."

Quirhid

First Post
Racid follows others. "I really don't care what he says... I'm still going to crush his head like an egg if he tries something," he grunts scraching his red neck.

Ghostknight

First Post
The creature leads you through to a small antechamber with a table. chairs and a decanter of fruit juice and glasses in the center. The man goes in, sits down, pours aglass of juice and turns to you.

Sit and join me, or not, whatever suits your fancy. Time was when I worried about those little issues, now they no longer concern me.

He stops, staring at the drink in the glass.

If the angel was in his right mind, he would know me. and would no doubt be refusing to enter this room, let alone watch me drink. Unless you care to join me, my angelic friend? "

Without waiting for any response he continues

Millenia ago there was a revolution in the nine hells, the lordship of the sixth was in dispute. Not too unusual, devils do tend to argue over there hierarchies. It looked as if the revolt would succeed. But betrayal reared its head and the revolution was stopped- the masses of the those in revolt destroyed, but the leaders and some of their supporters escaped through a gate to the prime.

His eyes lose focus, he seems to be looking into other vistas as he continues

Well I remember holding the pulsating hearts of my Duke and consort, their power sacrificed to open the gate. But as I stood to enter the corpse of my new dead consort rose. She had been a mighty sorceress, one of the mightiest amongst the fiendish hierarchy. She stood, and from her a celstial light shone, striking at many of us, burning her words into our hearts as we stood there

Know that there is noe escape from fate

Her head bowed for a moment and then her whole corpse rose, shedding that accursed celestial light across the planes of hell.

In time the power will awake
Across the planes foundations will shatter and the balance will be denied.
Across the planes the weakest shall rise to disturb the council of the mighty
Hell will rise, the abyss will be banished and heaven will only be able to watch
But night always has a dawn and the balance must always be restored.
Flee now, in time by helping others you will find you help yourself.

Odd words to hear in hell, but there wa sno time to ponder, we fled and found ourselves here. My minions very exostence has been forgotten from hell- no more are they created and only those with me here still exist. My hounds hunt, ny soldiers guard and my sages ponder. And in their pondering they discovered you- an unlikely group, but we sent a hound to call to you. A bad choice, it went on its own hunt and attacked what it should have spoken to.

Now I offer our help. You go to find a lost city. Forget it. It is lost beyond your means to discover and recover. My sages say that you are the ones to bring the dawn. That you are the ones that will somehow restore the balance- an odd group. A pacifist, a mindless brute, a reckless runt and a powerless angel. But if the prophecy is true, you will restore the balance and see me to my throne on the Sixth!

At the last he stands, and finally he reveals himself. The illusion used to cloak him gone you see a fifteen foot tall devil. Fire seems to burn around his head, his eyes sunken sockets filled with worms. His mouth a chasm of fangs, six arms radiating from his body, and the hilts of four mighty swords being seen rising above his shoulders. He wears red armor, his visage carve into it, the eyes watching you, the mouth opening and laughing.

Argentus:
With his words you remember. Millenia ago a solar saacrificed himself. No one knew why, but there were rumors that he ad used mighty magic to breach the defenses of hell to deliver a message of hope. At the time none understood. Now finally it seems you do! You also remember the creature in front of you- the Devil Prince Heta'mak. Once a contender to rule a plane of hell, and long since thought dead.

Ghostknight

First Post
The creature leads you through to a small antechamber with a table. chairs and a decanter of fruit juice and glasses in the center. The man goes in, sits down, pours aglass of juice and turns to you.

Sit and join me, or not, whatever suits your fancy. Time was when I worried about those little issues, now they no longer concern me.

He stops, staring at the drink in the glass.

If the angel was in his right mind, he would know me. and would no doubt be refusing to enter this room, let alone watch me drink. Unless you care to join me, my angelic friend? "

Without waiting for any response he continues

Millenia ago there was a revolution in the nine hells, the lordship of the sixth was in dispute. Not too unusual, devils do tend to argue over there hierarchies. It looked as if the revolt would succeed. But betrayal reared its head and the revolution was stopped- the masses of the those in revolt destroyed, but the leaders and some of their supporters escaped through a gate to the prime.

His eyes lose focus, he seems to be looking into other vistas as he continues

Well I remember holding the pulsating hearts of my Duke and consort, their power sacrificed to open the gate. But as I stood to enter the corpse of my new dead consort rose. She had been a mighty sorceress, one of the mightiest amongst the fiendish hierarchy. She stood, and from her a celstial light shone, striking at many of us, burning her words into our hearts as we stood there

Know that there is no escape from fate

Her head bowed for a moment and then her whole corpse rose, shedding that accursed celestial light across the planes of hell.

In time the power will awake
Across the planes foundations will shatter and the balance will be denied.
Across the planes the weakest shall rise to disturb the council of the mighty
Hell will rise, the abyss will be banished and heaven will only be able to watch
But night always has a dawn and the balance must always be restored.
Flee now, in time by helping others you will find you help yourself.

Odd words to hear in hell, but there wa sno time to ponder, we fled and found ourselves here. My minions very exostence has been forgotten from hell- no more are they created and only those with me here still exist. My hounds hunt, ny soldiers guard and my sages ponder. And in their pondering they discovered you- an unlikely group, but we sent a hound to call to you. A bad choice, it went on its own hunt and attacked what it should have spoken to.

Now I offer our help. You go to find a lost city. Forget it. It is lost beyond your means to discover and recover. My sages say that you are the ones to bring the dawn. That you are the ones that will somehow restore the balance- an odd group. A pacifist, a mindless brute, a reckless runt, a half-breed more interested in money than self and a powerless angel. But if the prophecy is true, you will restore the balance and see me to my throne on the Sixth!

At the last he stands, and finally he reveals himself. The illusion used to cloak him gone you see a fifteen foot tall devil. Fire seems to burn around his head, his eyes sunken sockets filled with worms. His mouth a chasm of fangs, six arms radiating from his body, and the hilts of four mighty swords being seen rising above his shoulders. He wears red armor, his visage carve into it, the eyes watching you, the mouth opening and laughing.

Argentus:
With his words you remember. Millenia ago a solar saacrificed himself. No one knew why, but there were rumors that he ad used mighty magic to breach the defenses of hell to deliver a message of hope. At the time none understood. Now finally it seems you do! You also remember the creature in front of you- the Devil Prince Heta'mak. Once a contender to rule a plane of hell, and long since thought dead.

ooc: You have no one to blame but yourselves. You followed Wippet. Honestly, this was not meant to happen for a long time yet! (Pesky PCs, messing up all my event planning and timelines, what next, free thought?) :D

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
The man looks at you all. Evidently he seems amused, whether by your discomfort ot stunned silence at his revelations. He sits, quietly drinking on his fill.

OOC:Anyone still out there? I know Wilphe is away, how about the rest of you?

Remove ads