A world in Darkness IC- Calling Wilphe and Nac Mac Feegle

Zerth

First Post
Gor is so surprised and horrified to see the devil's true form, that he is almost knocked down. It takes quite awhile, before the minotaur is willing to speak and even then he is very confused, but as none of his companions will say anyhting, he finally gains enough courage to speak.

"Devil! You tell us odd propechies Gor does not understand. But he understands you want something from us. Your kind always wants something, you evil! Why would we ever trust you? It takes a bigger fool than Gor to make deals with devils!"

Quirhid

First Post
Ghostknight said:
The man looks at you all. Evidently he seems amused, whether by your discomfort ot stunned silence at his revelations. He sits, quietly drinking on his fill.

OOC:Anyone still out there? I know Wilphe is away, how about the rest of you?

By my red skin! It's a devil. For a moment the dwarf was struck by fear but he quickly gathered his courage to speak.

"You must have a good reason to have a disguise, devil," Racid grunts as he fingers his warhammer. "Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't attack you."

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Ghostknight

First Post
A world in Darkness - calling Argent Silvermage and PuigallioAudacio

The devil smiles his old smile. Looking ar Racid he says,

Pit fiends would tremble in my presence, with a word i could destroy you where I stand. I have no need to do so. I want to help you. Did you not hear waht the prophecy said? For me to acieve my aim, I need to work with you, angel and all! A strange situation is it not- a devil being forced to work against other devils, assisted by an angel! Fate is cruel and ironic.

That is your answer too minotaur. In working with you I gain what I want. And I will give my word to never harm you as long as you do not act against me. And you should know, that a devil's word is not lightly given, and once given we would never break our word- we cannot, such an action is just against our natures!

Zerth

First Post
"Hrrmmm... Speak then, devil. What should we do, if it's not good to seek hidden city?" Gor looks at the devil, more curious than frightened.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Sychella looks at the devil, then at Racid, "Racid, you are an idiot. If he wanted us dead he could kill us where we stood, right now. I'm sure he regards us with little more pleasure than we him, but I am reasonably sure that you won't kill us as long as we are useful to you," she gives a quiet shrug of the I-get-enough-of-this-when-I-visit-my-relatives type and continues, "Why is seeking out the lost city a bad idea and what would you have us do?"

Ghostknight

First Post
The devil looks at your group, then nods

I understand the need for bravado, and so take no offense- but it is more common to the blustering of demons who try to lord it over each other than the planes of Hell where each knows his place.

I say that it is pointless to search for the lost city. Disease stalks it, the people die or are maddened and some bear the taint that the dwarf here bears. But they do not know how to combat it and soon they will start preying on their own people, perhaps even before you get there!

Going there is a pointless task. In but a shprt time, left to its own devices, that city will dissapear. There is no need to wast time trying to save it!

As for me, what I want is simple, to invite you to my home- there is a gift I would give to each of you, an essence that will empower you and help you with your future tasks. For I have determined that the only way nack to hell for me, is through that upstart Duke that would style himself a Prince of hell while residing here. With your help, well- maybe the gates can be closed and sanity returned to this little world.

He looks down, before looking back at you, a lone worm crawling from one eye socket to the next.

You look worried- all of you. Fear not- anything I do wil empower you, I will not risk my triumphant return to hell just to gain a piddling victory here

ooc:OK, since PA and Argentus seem to have done a duck I am going to try and recruit some replacements. Feel free to play their characters in the meantime (though suicidal attacks on the Arch-devil are out!)

Zerth

First Post
Gor is torn between two choices. He would like to go and help the hidden city as there might yet be a chance to help them despite the devil's words, but then again it would be a greater victory to all, if the gates could be closed and devils could be driven from this world.

Unable to make his mind he turns to Sychella. "Gor does not know, what to think of all this. Gor not sure he can trust devil, but Gor trusts you, boss-mistress. Gor follows you, whatever you decide."

(OOC: Maybe Argentus and Falgor will decide to seek the hidden city despite the devil's warnings? They would be the two most likely of us to decline working for a devil, I think.)

Ghostknight

First Post
Zerth said:
(OOC: Maybe Argentus and Falgor will decide to seek the hidden city despite the devil's warnings? They would be the two most likely of us to decline working for a devil, I think.)

ooc: Not a bad idea... Lets see if we get any biters for replacements of either of them. If we have people wanting in with different characters we can do it quite easily at this point.

Quirhid

First Post
"Surely you do not know what I am capable of, girlie" Racid replies to Sychella. "I have killed an ogre with my bare hands!" he says showing his mighty fist. "I ain't called Stonefist for nothing, you know."

[OOC: The dwarf's proud is on the game here. Be gentle. ;) ]

Wilphe

Adventurer
"I have a problem, in fact I think we all do. We were sent on a job to find this lost city. Regardless of what your individual intentions towards us may be, to those who sent us you are still the enemy. To go back and say"Well we were on our way but we kind of got side-tracked and a devil said something about how it was pointless to make the attempt as the city was doomed anyway and oh yeah, something about us being fated to save the world, so we thought that it'd be better if we did that instead," isn't going to go down too well."
"We either have to verify for ourselves that success is impossible or take back some proof that it is."

Last edited:

Remove ads