A world in Darkness IC- Calling Wilphe and Nac Mac Feegle

Ghostknight

First Post
Main group
The scouts come forward.

How may we help you? We will tell you what we know of the surrounding area and answer what questions you have.

Outside of our home, the trees continue for a days walk to the north, it then becomes mountainous and rock strewn. bweare travelling in the day. The devils frequently patrol that area - they seem anxious to keep people away. To the east the forest dies away quickly, opening onto plantations. Slaves work there and the overseers are quick to challenge any coming through. You have come from the South. To the west for three days travel the forest continues- some unnamed fear stalks the animals, they run and attack when cornered, even those of us trained in the ways of natre cannot calm them. After three days travel, the forest gives way to ground tainted and corrupted. The very earth grabs at you and trips you, we have gone three days travel into this waste- six went, one came back. The others are dead, or worse.

They stop speaking and wait for your questions.

*****​

Into the room comes one of the lost. She is wearing a white shift and gold headband. She is also carrying a bag filled with herbs and vials.

So who needed me? She looks around, and then sees Racid. Oh! It must be you, well, can i examine you or are you going to attack me? Please let it not be that far!

Faye

The earth is in pain. You can see where the taint is slowly soaking into the ground. The very earth changing colour to the red of its fiendish corruption.

Leave it Faye. We cannot cure all the earth help the grove to stave off the rising tide.

Such was the advice of Lirea, one of the few elves in the outside world and one of the masters of the grove. But others also feel the earth's pain. others aso see the corruption, and not all are as pessimistic as the elves.

Go find the source of this corruption. You noticed it and the omens point to you being the one to stop this particular stream of corruption. We will await your return with hope.

Such was the command of Giriani, the spokesman of many of the Masters of the grove. And so you find yourself outside the safety of the grove, entering into a new part of the forest, trying to find the source of corruption.

Kevo

The tribe had been moving. Like others in the group you had grown in wisdom and knowledge. Helping to lead the group in prayer under the tutelage on Misearand, head cleric of the Church of the Void fulfilled (DM fiat here- all members of ths faction have at least three levels of wizard before being allowed to assume the title of Priest), while trying to grow the knowledge of magic.

But a nomadic lifestyle is not an easy one, and three days before the tribe had been attacked by a fiendish group. In the chaos you have been separated. Alone in a part of the forest you do not know. Your head is pounding, but their appears to be no one around. At least for the moment you appear safe, but since you were not in the forest before being separated, the question has to be, where am I and how did I get here? Followed closely by, and how do I get out of here?

Thanee

First Post
Faye

Not knowing where to start, Faye just follows her intuition, which often led her on the right track. With Strider at her side, she walks through the forest area, always on the lookout for signs of the corruption she is following to its source, the reddish color of the earth. Faye doesn't know what might await her there, but Giriani said she was the one to stop it. She just hopes, that this was true. It would mean so much to her, to free the earth from this foul grasp.

Zerth

First Post
Gor

Ghostknight said:
The scouts come forward.
They stop speaking and wait for your questions.
North sound very dangerous, but there we must go, Gor thinks to himself. He leaves the questioning to others, but will listen carefully to any more advice the scouts might still be able to give.

Quirhid

First Post
Ghostknight said:
Into the room comes one of the lost. She is wearing a white shift and gold headband. She is also carrying a bag filled with herbs and vials.

So who needed me? She looks around, and then sees Racid. Oh! It must be you, well, can i examine you or are you going to attack me? Please let it not be that far!

As the healer enters the room Racid stands up. "I'll be damned if I'm going to hit a woman before she gets to strike me first." He replies and smiles. Don't tell me I have to remove my armor! I haven't taken this off since... well... I don't remember." By the smell of it the dwarf probably speaks the truth.

Ghostknight

First Post
Main Group

The healer gives the dwarf a contemplative look.

So, in the early stages yet, there is hope then! As for your armour- well I need to see how far this has spread- can't look through steel like some others can !

and looking around at the others

And quite frankly, considering how violent the corruption makes people, I would far rather have you out of armour and weaponless before I get too close. At least that way if you do decide to try and remove my head from my body it should be easy for the others to subdue you without having to kill you!

She turns to the scouts,

I don't suppose you though to tell them about avoiding the river dwellers, or eating any crrupted food now did you?

Faye

The trees in the forest look normal, except where the fiendish tain has entered the roots, even benign trees, noted for their usefullness can be seen growing thorns and dripping foul smelling sap where the tain has entered. Some of the animals around you seem feral- you could swear that the black squirrel you just went past had red eys and actually snarled and followed you for a bit!

As you follow the taint you come to an area where it splits- one path continuing to the east, the other heading north-east, dipping in and out of a river.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Faye

It pains her to see the earth in agony, but she remembers the words of her superiors and keeps moving. As the path splits before her, she heads north-east along the river, Strider staying close.

Ghostknight

First Post
Faye

You follow the taint, seeing the pain of the earth it corrupts. As you follow it, you get the feeling of someone, or something, watching you. The bird cries seem shallow and not quite right, the undergrowth menacing and the shadows seem to be closing in on you.

Stryder, whimper and sidles up to you, he too seems uneasy with environment. Looking for comfort in your physical presence.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Kevo contemplates his position as he sits with his back to the tree.

Well, I'm here now, wherever here is. Abandoned by my people. There has to be someone around here.

Thanee

First Post
Faye

“Shh... just stay nearby, we are getting closer.” Faye pats Strider's head in a comforting way. She is at least as frightened as he is.

She keeps whispering to herself, that this is just the forest watching over them, not quite believing her own words, however.

At least I'm on the right track...

Slowly, Faye moves forward, every step getting slower and more careful.

Ghostknight

First Post
Kevo​

The forest si silent around you. An occasional bird call can be heard. nearby you hear the running of a river, the ground is mixed, normal sand and some red sand intermixed. You do notice that wherever the red sand goes, so do the plants seem to become twisted, and a mocjery of their former selves.

Remove ads