• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A world in darkness OOC

Ghostknight

First Post
ControlFreak said:
Are you still looking for players? If so I would like to submit a character.

Hi CF. Unfortunately Nac and Thanee got in ahead of you, but feel free to follow as an alternate if you wish (in other words- if someone else goes AWOL, you're in first)

I'm off th change the title now.

Nac- a half elf cleric of the void/wizard is fine. You need to justify your background quite carefully though- few elves left mean even fewer half elves than normal!

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Okay, here's my character, I'm ready to be introduced into the game however you want.

Kevo Voidborn
Male Human
Cleric 2/Wizard 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 101 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey

Str: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Dex: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 15 (+2) [8 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [0 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Immunity to Sleep, +2 vs. enchantment, Low Light Vision, +1 to search, listen, spot, +2 to diplomacy, gather information, Scribe Scroll, Familiar, Spellcasting, Magic Domain, Luck Domain

Hit Dice: 2d8 + 1d4 + 6
HP: 26
AC: 12 (+1 Dex, +1 Armor)
Init: +1 [+1 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
Armor Check Penalty: -0

Saves:
Fortitude +7 [+3 base, +2 Con, +2 misc]
Reflex +2 [+1 base, +1 Dex]
Will +6 [+3 base, +3 Wis]

BAB: +1
Melee Attack: +2

Ranged Attack: +2

Skills:
Knowledge: Religion +8 (6 ranks, +2 int)
Knowledge: Arcana +8 (6 ranks, +2 int)
Spellcraft +10 (6 ranks, +2 int, +2 misc)
Concentration +8 (6 ranks, +2 con)

Spellbook: All 0th level spells, Cause Fear, Shield, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement

Spells Prepared:
Arcane: Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Ray of Enfeeblement, Cause Fear
Divine: Read Magic, Light, Detect Magic x2, Entropic Shield*, Doom, Inflict Light Wounds, Bane

Feats:
Great Fortitude, Magical Aptitude

Languages
Common
Void Tongue
Draconic

Equipment:
Bracer of Armor +1 (1,000), Scroll Mage Armor x4 (100), Scroll Shield x4 (100), Scroll Cause Fear x2 (50) Scroll Magic Missile x2 (50) Scroll Ray of Enfeeblement x2 (50), Wand Cure Light Wounds (750), Scroll Enervation (700), Scroll Case (25)

Appearance: Kevo is a thin man, who seems almost like he is being consumed from within. He has prominent cheek bones, and long thin hands. Occasionally he is wracked by fits of coughing, and he appears to be suffering from some sort of wasting disease. Despite this he is far less frail than he appears.

Personality: Kevo is dark-minded, and prone to alternating long silences with shouting rages. His entire life is focused around his magic, and he is utterly consumed by and devoted to the void itself. People around him tend to become unsettled quickly.

Background: The name Voidborn is more than just a name, it is a description. Kevo’s mother was an elf-mage, and his father a powerful cleric of the Void. When the Devils descended upon the world in fire and death, Kevo’s mother was pregnant. To protect her, his father opened a planar gate to a small pocket of the void and concealed her there, where time would pass slowly. He intended to remove her before she was hurt by the effects of the enveloping void. A day later he was killed by a demonic assassin. For fifteen hundred years Kevo’s mother was locked in the void. In reality, she only aged a month for every century that passed in the world, but she felt every minute of it, and slowly the void consumed her body and soul. Fifteen hundred years after she had been sealed into the void, she gave birth to her child, and the sudden new birth of life energy caused the void to fling them back into the world. By this point Kevo’s mother was already dead, and so it was that a ranging group of free people found him, a sickly child, seemingly half dead beside a dead mother, in the middle of the wasteland.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Feats:
Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge, Trample, Cavalry Charger, Weapon Focus: Longsword, Leadership.

Nice Feats. :D

Copy&Pasted the character sheet from a paladin? ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Some errors, I've found:

Nac Mac Feegle said:
Hit Dice: 2d8 + 1d4 + 6
HP: 21

26 (max hp til 3rd lvl)

Saves:
Fortitude +3 [+1 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +2 [+1 base, +1 Dex]
Will +6 [+3 base, +3 Wis]

F+5 (+3 base)
R+1 (+0 base)
W+8 (+5 base)

Skills:
Knowledge: Religion +8 (6 ranks, +2 int)
Knowledge: Arcana +8 (6 ranks, +2 int)
Spellcraft +8 (6 ranks, +2 int)

You have 6 more skill points. Concentration?

Feats:
Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge, Trample, Cavalry Charger, Weapon Focus: Longsword, Leadership.

;)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Nac: Loks good- post it over in the the RG thread (link is in my sig)

I'll introduce your and Thanee's characters in the very near future- watch the IC thread- it will probably be Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Everyone: I'm off to the Game Reserve for a bit of animal watching, so I will post today and not again till after the weekend!

Thanee

First Post
Nac, look at my above post again. You calculated the base saves wrong (and to your own disadvantage, too, since you got the base saves of a 3rd level wizard, not a clr2/wiz1 ;)).

Bye
Thanee

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I know about the saves. I personally always use a rule of "partial progression" when multiclassing, so you don't rack up too many +2 save bonuses. I feel that that's the balanced way.

Mmm, spontaneous sanctified spells. Tasty.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
I personally always use a rule of "partial progression" when multiclassing, so you don't rack up too many +2 save bonuses. I feel that that's the balanced way.
Yep, saves can grow pretty fast with multiclassing, since they are kinda front loaded, but then again you also lose quite a bit, especially in your case (spellcaster). :)

Mmm, spontaneous sanctified spells. Tasty.
!?

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads