• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana's Art Thread -- Closed, New Thread Started

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Acquana said:
This is the Mutants and Masterminds team, in its entirety! Everybody cheer!

That is wicked cool! If I ever discover that I have super powers, I'm going to hire you to do all my PR artwork.

Acquana

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
Hip Hip hurray!! So, do you guys have a supername for you superteam yet? After all, every super group needs a cool name. Defenders, Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, JLA, JSA, come to think of it, it can be a cool acronim to.

Also, who's that winged cat lady?

Also, also, Does the PS2 exsist in your game world? :p

Ah, one can always tell the latecomers. Around mid February (02/18 - 20/05) or so I did artwork of Guardian Sphynx and the Bantam previously. Yeah, Bantam is a nod to Sly Cooper, as are her NPCs, Bently and Murray (post 126).

As for a name for the team ... eyeah, they need to figure out one soon. They met more or less by accident, and even the one who's been on teams before (Dozer, the seasoned veteran! Woo!) still is used to working alone more. But one way or another, all of them are fairly aware that if the media is allowed to decide, it's gonna suck. Do you honestly think the Bantam chose that name? Plus the kid in black in the back still doesn't have a steady name. The media called him Street Ninja, but everyone on the team agrees that's dumb. Pulse hasn't actually said aloud what he calls his sidekick in his head, Ninjaboy, and most of the team has agreed on Kato despite it not flowing off the tongue too well ... or ... the kid being Asian ...

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, Rel! Always appreciated!

Mista Collins

First Post
Ninjaboy? I love it.

I think the guy should just be called ThatGuy. That way when someone can't remember his name, they will say it anways... "You know, that guy, who wears that one thing and does that one thing. Yah! THAT GUY!"

And Ranger, I love those team names.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
My players have recently decided to call their mercenary group "Chicken 5" for the sole reason that it is wildly inappropriate.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Mista Collins said:
Ninjaboy? I love it.

I think the guy should just be called ThatGuy. That way when someone can't remember his name, they will say it anways... "You know, that guy, who wears that one thing and does that one thing. Yah! THAT GUY!"

And Ranger, I love those team names.

Well, he'd looks alot like Neo without that hat and mask, but he sort of reminds be of Robin from the Teen Titans TV show with his "magic" stick, though I suppose this stick follows the laws of physics a bit better then Robins. Well, I guess if you want it to be really cool you won't want it to end with "boy" or "lad" unless it's something like "Beast Boy", now that's a cool name.

Acquana

First Post
An update and a message of note

So hello all. I've been at this for nearly 8 months, and kept up the Drawing a Day for nearly 6. Fortunately and unfortunately, things have changed in my life since about mid-March of this year which has made it increasingly harder to keep up this thread.

But fear not! This by no means bodes ill for the Acquana Art Thread. I will still be posting every week or so, concepts from various things I'm working on, characters from the games I'm in, all that kinda cool stuff that I give permission for others to use in games ... But I won't really be taking requests anymore. I know it was a bit few and far between to begin with, but now it will be EXTREMELY rare. Quite honestly, I just don't have the time to devote to non-comission requests. As always, I am open for commissions! I am a struggling artist with difficulty paying my bills and a lot of projects on my plate that I can only pray will pan out, and seeing someone willing to actually help me out for my trouble is ... well, it feels really darn good. So if you care to get that special something drawn, drop me a line, lemme know what you want, I'll be happy to help ya out!

And for those of you here just to see what's new, I guarantee, I won't keep you out of the loop. I've got a lot of projects ahead of me and I'll keep you all updated as much as I can. Believe me, the best is yet to come!

Speaking of good stuff ... This is stuff for the game I'm running for my friends. It's a world hoppng campaign that follows just about anything so long as it can be run off of d20 rules. I ran it a couple of times when there was nothing better to do sometime around Christmas, then tried to go into a more "worthwhile" campaign. But my group insisted that even a silly concept wasn't downright stupid, and all of them wanted to play their characters, and for me to play mine, again.

Well, I'm glad I relented, because I've been having a blast ever since I started running it again. The references in this alternate reality shifting campaign are so numerous I can't name 'em all ... So instead I'll show my gratitude to my players by drawing the main PCs and NPCs.

The main reason I'd started up this campaign to begin with was so that everyone would have a chance to play characters that they loved whose own campaigns had bit the dust for one reason or another. This is Virgil Ambrose, the main NPC. I had played him in a game that Wellstar had run nearly three years ago, when he had gotten the great idea to run a Castlevania game using Aberrant. So I made a priest who'd be there solely for healing and force feilds. Well, the campaign died after two sessions or so and by now over half the people who were in it have moved on. But I'd been wanting to play Virgil again ever since, and this was my oppurtunity.

And yes, I know a priest from 1476 (even one from Castlevania) wouldn't be wearing Converses. The sneakers were a gift from another character, who saw just how horrible Virgil's shoes were. Even though they're a horrid shade of lemon yellow, they're the best pair of shoes Virgil's ever had!

01.jpg

Let's see ... The next is on the left: Hiro Yuki, the first roleplaying character of my friend Ralph who was brought in for this game. Ralph's a really big anime fan, and this plays a 13-year old demon hunter with swords bigger than him, purple eyes, and a cat that keeps around. The woman beside him is Ammut, the human avatar of the devourer of evil souls in Egyptian myth of the same name. She's a hottie.

02.jpg

And hey, Ankh-Morpork Guard! Here's one for you! Among all these fantasy characters ... Here's a Jedi, Silas! The Jedi and the priest have had the most culture shock through this campaign, and I love to see Silas' reactions to things like undead. ("W-what?! That thing is completely seperate from the Force! That's unnatural!") Great story involving Silas: A couple of sessions ago the group pissed of a red dragon from a d20 Modern-esque setting. Seeing no other way around it, Silas jumped into battle, lightsaber in hand. I smiled and silenced the group. "Dudes, dudes. Respect. A lightsaber is about to hit a dragon. Let's have some respect." A moment of silence passed. "Okay, now roll for it."

03.jpg

Oh, real quick note on culture shock. The priest and the D&D character ended up bumping heads a lot due to Hiro's D&D take on morality: If it seems evil, a sword can take of it. I never, ever expected Virgil to get mad at anyone before, but Hiro's total lack of self-preservation finally got to him, and I suddenly realized that Virgil would never be the same character ever again when he got seethingly mad. Funny how that kind of thing can happen.

04.jpg

The character who gave Virgil his new pair of shoes is Pojo, a superhero from another dimension (another former Abberant character who was converted to Mutants and Masterminds for this game). Hideous yes, but quite the charmer. And despite being the beefiest member of the party (hitpoints-wise anyway), he always ends up standing behind Virgil for shield and healing during fights. The healer has been hit by things and fallen into Pojo's arms multiple times. Anyway, Pojo's big power is matter creation. The only real limits to it are his knowledge of the item in question, and it must fit through the hat he carries. Magician motif, much?

05.jpg

The other NPC currently hanging around them is Gaiavein, an orphaned, young green dragon from the last dimension the PC's visited. Gaia's taken to Silas, and is the jewel of the party, whether or not she's polymorphed into a human at the moment. Everyone loves her to death, to the point that they'll go for blood if anything looks at her the wrong way. I'm so proud of my little darling.

06.jpg

Anyway, six drawings. I'm happy. You should be too.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Wow, I almost forgot this was an art thread, with all the story going on in that last post it seemed like the artwork was merely there to emphasize the words. Well, kind of like a book, or at least a magazine. I don't know if that helps the art or hinders it, or whether it even affects it at all, but it's still great, and that was a very interesting post either way. Great characters.

PS. I don't suppose this helps any but if I had money to spend on conventional art, you'd definitely get some. :heh:

Last edited:

Remove ads