Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The dwarf tries to cut the final supports of the old god. While his strike is true, it is not enough to stop the construct.

[sblock=Actions] Brash Strike (1d20+13, 1d12+10=[16, 13], [3, 10])
AC: 29 for 13 pod. And Dane marks him.

Also, that strike did hit Dane. He was granting CA so his over all AC was 22, thus getting hit.
[/sblock]

------------------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 13

17 - Rurdev - @R10, 1st Floor - 22/46 - +2 AC - Acted
15 - Qynn - @V10, 1st Floor - 18/35 +4 thp - +2 AC, +2 to all Defenses TSNT - Acted
13 - Incarnation - @N4, 3rd Floor - 27/47 +7 thp - +2 AC, Concealment - Acted
9 - Statue of Mauros - @)Q5/R7, 1st/2nd Floor - 7/170 hp - Cursed, Marked, Quarry, Bloodied - Acted
6 - Hadrak - @U10, 1st Floor - 32/47 hp - +2 AC -
5 - Dane - @S7, 1st Floor - 33/48 hp - +2 AC, +2 to all defenses TEHNT, Grant CA to Statue - Acted
1 - Patrons, Guards, and everyone else

Statues: AC 21, R18
Cherub: AC 16, R 14

MAPS!

Note: That statues are large and tall. When on the stage, they can be adjacent to creatures on the 2nd floor. They are not adjacent to the 3rd floor.

The blue highlight represent fleeing masses. They are difficult terrain.

The stage is about 2 1/2 feet above the rest of the ground floor. The pit in front of the stage is 2 1/2 feet lower than the ground floor. The long hallway that Sheng and Hadrak are emerging from is at a very slight incline. The two statues on stage take up a 10 by 10 space each. The curtains are tall enough to exist on the first and second floors. The second floor is about ten feet above the ground floor.

There is no guard fail on the stairs or between H7 and I7.

Squares with with lights in them do not block line of effect but do provide cover. The walkways have metal railings.

[sblock=1st Floor]
Final1st29.png
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation glowers at the statue. Gathering fire and shadow about him, he yells with the voice of fate, You are not the Incarnation of Mauros the Red. You are FINISHED! The bolt of power shatters the statue, the power of it spreading sparks and rubble throughout the theatre.

The construct, flames along his plating pulsing, turns a glance at the audience, then retreats into the shadow, again covering his head as he does so.

OOC: Ref 25, 11 damage and done.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The crowd cheers thunderously, as the decimation shakes the bearings of the theatre. Coppernail rushes forward, practically leaping the stairs onto the stage. The crowd follows. Those who did not disperse outside follow the rest in, enticed by the celebration.

As Coppernail try's, at least a little, to quiet the crowd, Art, slowly pulls himself out of the trapdoor. He then moves over to the fallen hobgoblin, attempting to attend to him.

As the crowd's cheering begins to dull, Coppernail speaks again.

"We came here tonight to rechristen the Dauntonian Fine House of Oration. We were to join together, in comfort and finery, to witness what would perhaps be the greatest performance ever to happen on this island." A brief pause for applause.

"We watched with baited breathe as the Lady of the Winds performed one of our oldest operas to grand perfection, but none of us would have expected the ending to be so explosive." As the crowd breaks out in laughter and applause, Coppernail turns, expecting to see the Lady come out of the trap door next. She does not appear.

As Incarnation slips through the darkness. The Lady of the Winds gently climbs out of the second trap door backstage. She has replaced her veil, and again seems to float, her cloak moving as if Incarnation was back in the dreaming world. Though she does not look at him, perhaps does not even see him, the words are for him.

"The Path is already changing. If you wait for the Warden to come to you it may be too late. Those that seek to end your path are drawing nearer. It is time to start your journey."

Back on stage, Coppernail continues his speech. "We placed a statue of the great wizard Mauros on stage here tonight. He loved this theatre. Saw it for a place of great opportunity that it was. We set him as our Patron, in a place of honor, remembering the days of heroes past.

"I have heard the Daunton's five great heroes are gone, perhaps dead. Tonight, our dreams for peace and prosperity were attacked by the very image of the past. I don't know what everyone else here saw tonight, but I saw five great heroes of Daunton answer the call. I am Captain Coppernail of the Merchants of Baccarate, and I say, long live The Five!"

The crowd cheers uproariously.

Later on in the evening, after most of the crowd has dispersed, a hobgoblin asks you to stay just a little bit longer. Coppernail soon approaches with a big grin on his face, a guard carries a small chest behind him.

"Greetings and my thanks. The work you've done here tonight was invaluable. Please accept the following as a token of the Merchants appreciation and a sign of our good will and alliance with your future endeavors."

The chest is opened up, revealing several sacks of coin, a rolled up parchment, and a set of dark leather armor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A Night at the Opera is over. Congratulations!

Feel free to RP as long as you'd like. Anyone taking part in the Path if Light, will get time xp starting now.

[sblock=treasure]Map of Unseen Lands, Shadowdance Leather Armor +1, 950 Gold, 2 Turquoise’s (100 gp each), 1 Potion of Healing[/sblock]

[sblock=XP]250 xp from the prison encounter.
400 xp from the gang fight
720 xp from the final encounter
150 xp for completing the bonus mission

That's 1520 xp each.

Additionally there's time xp. 5 months, 9 days.
Incarnation, Rurdev and Hadrak gain 768 xp and 927 gp, 5 sp
Dane gains 662 xp and 673 gp, 1 sp
Qynn gains 551 xp and 471 gp, 7 sp[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
The dwarf tries to look toward the crowd, but his left eye has completly swollen shut. He smiles anyways like a boxer who just went 15 rounds in a championship fight only able to stand by the overwhelming emotion that fills the auditorium. Dane drops his axe and shield and raises his hands into the air in a feat of exciment and praise to be alive.

After Coppernail's speech of endorsment, Dane puffs up his chest and gladhands the crowd. He soon slumps into one of the first row of chairs rest his age-damaged right knee after the exciment dies down.

When Coppernail meets up with the party to present the chest, he starts to finger through the gold.

"Da gold n' drink be good fer me. Ye wel'com 'nail. Ye got perfu enemies. We may do business again, but fer 'now I need ta mend."

[sblock=OOC] Dane would like to take his share of the gold (190) and a healing potion. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation keeps to the shadows as the accolades are given. His ongoing sense of doom was keener now, ever since he had struck down the image of that which marked him–the man other claimed was himself.

Was it true? It did not matter.

He nodded at the words of the Lady of Winds, but did not add anything, lost in the echoes of his own thoughts. When the others were clear, he approaches the four left.

The Lady of the Winds has a warning: Winds of darkness are coming. I am an instrument against that fate, and I must seek it before it seeks me. You are all proven. I ask know if you shall join this fate or seek your own. He waits patiently for an answer. Turning to Dane, he adds, A brief rest is acceptable, but with the turn of the week, fate turns against me. I can wait if you will join.[sblock=OOC]Yay! Incarnation's level 5!

As for treasure, the Shadowdance Leather is on Incarnation's list and I assume the Map is on someone else's. I say we either split the 1150 gp evenly (230gp each for the five of us) or give 383.33gp to the three that did not get anything.

I'll wait until I know what folks think of the split before updating Incarnation (as I also have his residuum to deal with).[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Oh yeah! Who has the favours of the gods? We have the favours of the gods! Oh, and the crowd. Take a bow, gents!''

Hadrak leans on his cane (also known as his warhammer) and salutes the crowd.

Nebten

First Post
Aye, 'carn, I'll join ye fer mi need to git outta town. Da guilds er gittin' jumpy. A week be plenty time fer me bones 'n metal ta reforge.

[sblock=OOC] I too barely reached level 5 =v). I'll be updating my character sheet this week after the treasure has been distrubted and I've gotten Martial Power 2, hehe.[/sblock]

Remove ads