• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: The God Forge (judge renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Mwuhahahahahahahahaha]Well if you wanted more options you shouldn't have ruined the DMs plans. Now a dragons going to eat you. :)

Have a nice day![/sblock]

Soldier steps back to flank with Jarel-Karn[/QUOTE]

Callen realizes that all of his close attacks are more effective on his allies crowded around the dragon so he moves back away from the dragon. This should set him up well to use ranged attacks in the near future.

[sblock=ooc]
Move = shift back 1.
Standard = move back to P23
[/sblock]

[sblock=Immediate Reaction]Use preserver's rebuke against dragon/soldier. Soldier gains 7 temp hp. I gain +4 to hit dragon with next attack.[/sblock]

The deva invokes the power of his armor, his dark skin becoming rough and woody. He then , feels lucky, steps past the dragon into the open room beyond, inviting it's claws as his allies stand ready to strike back. The deva seems to fall into a trance and the dragon is blasted by a blast of thunder from the divine realm.

[sblock=Actions]
Forgot the save from last round: Fail:save from last round (1d20=8) Let me know targeting wise if this doesn't work for some reason.

**I think its all fine**

Minor: Use power of barkskin hide armor, gaining
Move to J21, drawing OA
**Dragon cannot take the OA**
Standard: silent malediction aiming the blast 3 so not to hit allies.silent malediction vs dragon with preservers rebuke fear (1d20+9=19, 2d6+5=16) free: memory of a thousand lifetimes: memory of a thousand lifetimes (1d6=6) 25 and I forgot flanking with Jarel Karn so +2 for for 27 vs Fort! That better hit.... 16 damage and the dragon is stunned (save ends).
**It hits**
Either way I am dazed until end of my next turn.
Save vs -2: save vs ongoing fear effect (1d20=18) Save
[/sblock]

Kama'zer hurredly sees to his wounds as Ts'iri and Jams takes advantage of the Dragon's momentarily stunned state, moving back. He shakes his massive head and eyes the group angrily, letting out a massive roar.

"You will all perish!"

[sblock=ooc]Autoing

Kama'zer second winds

Ts'iri Moves to O22. Eldritch Blast Miss

Jams moves to Q24

Dragon takes 5 Thunder and 2 Acid Damage
Recharges Breathe Weapon
Saves vs all
[/sblock]

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 6

32; Mri'thas; P22; 42/42; Acted
28; Kama'zer; J18; 21/51 hp; Bloodied, +2 to defenses TENT; Acted
25; Callen; P23; 40/45; Acted
20; Montroya; J21; 20/36; +2 to AC until end of encounter until hit reducing to +1 then +0, dazed TENT; Acted
14;
Soldier; J21; 38/57 +7 thp; Acted
14; Ts'iri; O22; 31/51; Concealment; Acted
14; Jams; N24; 46/46 hp; Acted
13; Enemies;
Red Dragon; I22/J23; - 144 hp; Immobilized as long as Jarel-karn is adjacent, Marked, Cursed; Acted
12; Jarel-Karn; J24; 43/50 hp;

Round 7

32; Mri'thas;
28; Kama'zer;
25; Callen;
20; Montroya;
14; Soldier;
14; Ts'iri;
14; Jams;

Stats
Red Dragon
AC 27 F 27 R 24 W 23

[sblock=Map]
DragonLair12.png
[/sblock]

There is a 30 ft drop between the edge of the rock and the lava. You do not want to fall into the lava.

You can climb the walls, if desired, to reach other areas. DC 19 Athletics. Fail 4 or less and you simply loose you're move action. Fail by 5 or more and fall.

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen sends a magic missile towards the dragon but misses.

[sblock=ooc]

Standard = mm vs. dragon refl (1d20+11=19, 2d4+7=9) = miss

[sblock=stat block]Callen Stewart - Male Human Wizard 6
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:22, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 2, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Thunderwave,
Burning Hands, Fire Shroud,
Shield*,
Expeditious Retreat
Wizard's Escape*, Fire Shield
Summon Fire Warrior, Sleep*, Flaming Sphere
Fireball, Phantasmal Assailant*, Summon Abyssal Maw
Healing Word

Gloves of Piercing, Staff of Defense
* memorized[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ruin DMs plans? Isn't that our job? ;)

Also, why couldn't the dragon take the OA? If it still applies I'll move further away than just a shift. Also, what is the thing at D16?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ruin DMs plans? Isn't that our job? ;)

Also, why couldn't the dragon take the OA? If it still applies I'll move further away than just a shift. Also, what is the thing at D16?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]The thing is an anvil, representing a general forge type area.

Did I say couldn't? I meant choose not to. . . yeah thats the ticket.

You've already moved further than just a shift, so I'm not sure by what exactly you're proposing to do further. Did you choose the wrong end square accidentally?[/sblock]

Soldier slams his axe into the dragon with great force.

[sblock=Action Details]
Standard Action:lasting threat on dragon(hits AC 29 for 26 damage & 2 ongoing acid damage, and the Dragon is permamarked by Solder)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

Callen sends a magic missile towards the dragon but misses.

[sblock=ooc]

Standard = mm vs. dragon refl (1d20+11=19, 2d4+7=9) = miss

[/sblock]

----------------------------------

Initiative

Round 6

32; Mri'thas; P22; 42/42; Acted
28; Kama'zer; J18; 21/51 hp; Bloodied, +2 to defenses TENT; Acted
25; Callen; P23; 40/45; Acted
20; Montroya; J21; 20/36; +2 to AC until end of encounter until hit reducing to +1 then +0, dazed TENT; Acted
14;
Soldier; J21; 38/57 +7 thp; Acted
14; Ts'iri; O22; 31/51; Concealment; Acted
14; Jams; N24; 46/46 hp; Acted
13; Enemies;
Red Dragon; I22/J23; - 170 hp; Immobilized as long as Jarel-karn is adjacent, Marked until Soldier is Unconscious, Cursed, 2 Ongoing Acid (save ends); Acted
12; Jarel-Karn; J24; 43/50 hp;

Round 7

32; Mri'thas;
28; Kama'zer;
25; Callen; Acted
20; Montroya;
14; Soldier; Acted
14; Ts'iri;
14; Jams;

Stats
Red Dragon
AC 27 F 27 R 24 W 23

[sblock=Map]
DragonLair12.png
[/sblock]

There is a 30 ft drop between the edge of the rock and the lava. You do not want to fall into the lava.

You can climb the walls, if desired, to reach other areas. DC 19 Athletics. Fail 4 or less and you simply loose you're move action. Fail by 5 or more and fall.

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just figuring out what I want to do for round 6 is all. I need to get away from the melee, all my powers are ranged. If there was some reason mechanically that I missed as to explain why the dragon didn't take the OA, I'd move, otherwise I'd shift.[/sblock]

Montroya, his head still swimming from channeling the massive amount of divine power, steps back behind Soldier. Holding his rod out, he shakes out of his condition, everything returning to normal.

[sblock=Actions]Shift to I20. No longer dazed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats; Barkskin armor active]
Montroya
Init: +8
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 21
AC: 22* Fort: 16* Ref: 18* Will: 18*
HP: 20/36 Bloodied: 18 Surges: 8/8(8)
AP: 1
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Wild Shape
Memory of a thousand lifetimes
Preserver's Rebuke
Rebuke undead
Blades of Astral Fire
Offering of Justice
Swarming Locusts
Shroud of Warning
Silent Malediction
Barkskin Hide Armor

Rod of Divinity
* +1 to defenses against bloodied creatures
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas sticks his staff on the ground. He raises his hands, touching each index and thumb finger, and begins chanting foul and dark words. His hands start to shin and shiver with silver energy. The chanting continues and when it is finished, he crouches quickly and places his hands in the ground, the silver energy flowing to the ground beneth him. The pulse of energy is evil, dark and foul, and the pulse travels under the dragon.
The burst of necrotic energy seems to subside, only slightly producing a small decay on the dragon's flesh. But when the battle was about to resume, a bass tremble on the ground makes the combatants stop on their heels. Hands.... Undead hands, from corpses long buried, sprout out of the ground, and lash at the dragon, and anything that gets on reach. The necromancy operating turns the living flesh into rooting meat.
The wizard observes his spell in action with a dark smile on his face.

[sblock=Actions]
Grasp of the grave: 10 vs Ref for 12 dmg, miss but the dragon takes dmg anyway, just saves from the daze. The burst creates a zone of poisonous vapor that
blocks line of sight until the end of your next turn. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 1d10 +5 poison damage. As a move action, you can move the zone up to 6 squares. Sustain Minor: The zone persists.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC:Voda, the zone that "grasp of the grave" creates isn't mobile and only does 5 necrotic per turn but only hurt enemies and doesn't require one to sustain it as it exist for the rest of the encounter regardless

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Evolution: Oh ok.
Voda: The zone is a burst 2, ranged 20, that last till the end of the encounter. Where would you like it?

Everyone Else: Phoenix stated in Redblade's Riches that (s)he was busy right now. Suggestions for auto?[/sblock]

Remove ads