Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post

(If she can, Abigail will send Azuras to peek in the windows. He can fly up to 100 ft. away from Abigail. Does there seem to be light inside the building?)

There is a dim flickering light coming from the windows. Azuras will have to get closer to see more (OOC: and make a perception roll)

Dante hides in the shadows near where he can get a good view of the nearby streets and hide, to keep an eye out for the watchmen or others who might spot our activities.

The watchman is at the far end of the building. It looks like the coast is clear for now

[sblock=ooc]That's one success, zero failures so far.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Ah, gotcha. Much clearer! And yeah, Skill Challenges confuse me too, as presented in the DMG. :p

Abigail gets the all-clear from Dante, and then dashes across the street and hides near the door. Trying the door, she checks to see if it's locked. If it's not locked, she starts greasing the hinges of the door (so it will open quietly), and if it is locked, she'll grab one of her lucky hair pins and get to work.

Of course, this knocks loose a strand of hair, which she blows away absently. Azuras watches on, nervously.

Abigail's Thievery Check (+2 to final result if the check is to unlock the door). (1d20+6=15)

taran

First Post
Quiet, for once, Talks-to-the-Moon takes up flanking watch position further down the street.[sblock=Perception]25. Natural 20; off to a fine start.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
While Dante waits, Virgil walks into an alley and sits still, staring at a pile of garbage. Suddenly, he leaps forward with remarkable speed, catches something in his mouth, then plops down and begins munching on the rat he just caught.

[sblock=OOC]Hopefully we can get some posts tonight. I'm going to be taking at a test, then hanging out with some family that's in town for most of Sat, so I probably won't be able to post until late Sat night. Never done PbP before, but I would assume the weekends are the busiest times...[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Abigail gets the all-clear from Dante, and then dashes across the street and hides near the door. Trying the door, she checks to see if it's locked. If it's not locked, she starts greasing the hinges of the door (so it will open quietly), and if it is locked, she'll grab one of her lucky hair pins and get to work.

Of course, this knocks loose a strand of hair, which she blows away absently. Azuras watches on, nervously.

Abigail's Thievery Check (+2 to final result if the check is to unlock the door). (1d20+6=15)

The lock is fairly cheap, and it appears that it may be open, but it looks like the inset door on this side isn't used much, and is a little sticky.

Quiet, for once, Talks-to-the-Moon takes up flanking watch position further down the street.[sblock=Perception]25. Natural 20; off to a fine start.[/sblock]

The alley on the other side of the building is no more occupied than the first, and surprisingly fog-free for the moment.

[sblock=ooc]That's three successes. Halfway there. Eraden & Alastair still to go this round.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
The lock is fairly cheap, and it appears that it may be open, but it looks like the inset door on this side isn't used much, and is a little sticky.

Seeing that no one is interfering, Alastair moves to help Abby examine the lock.

"Hmm, nice work. But we don't want to attract any attention."

The gnome's small hands emerge from his belt with thieves tools of his own, and he goes to work on the hinges of the door.

[sblock=Thievery check] I'm treating the sticky door like a disable trap check(?)

1d20+10=25[/sblock]

Last edited:

taran

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hopefully we can get some posts tonight. I'm going to be taking at a test, then hanging out with some family that's in town for most of Sat, so I probably won't be able to post until late Sat night. Never done PbP before, but I would assume the weekends are the busiest times...[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Skill challenges can be intimidating; nobody wants to be the one who blows it for everybody. But we're already halfway home, so I think it'll be ok.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
The gnome's small hands emerge from his belt with thieves tools of his own, and he goes to work on the hinges of the door.

A little oil on the hinges, and some probing to get it spread around works wonders. It'll be ready to open in a minute.

[sblock=OOC]Skill challenges can be intimidating; nobody wants to be the one who blows it for everybody. But we're already halfway home, so I think it'll be ok.[/sblock]

[sblock=skill challenge]More than halfway now. 4 successes, 0 failures. Just waiting for Eraden and we're on to the next round[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=skill challenge]More than halfway now. 4 successes, 0 failures. Just waiting for Eraden and we're on to the next round[/sblock]

[sblock=Question]Quick question before I pass out (long day with the family, but I passed my test!): Does the 48 hour rule apply only in combat, or does it always apply?[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=Question]Quick question before I pass out (long day with the family, but I passed my test!): Does the 48 hour rule apply only in combat, or does it always apply?[/sblock]

[sblock=answer]Probably should apply out of combat. I had one PBP game collapse due to player inattention, and don't want that to happen. It's a weekend though, so I'll give him until tonight.[/sblock]

Remove ads