Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]THat's the way packets work - four items per level for 5 pcs. The fifth item added here is a lower value item, thrown in so we each get something. I'd assume, from that list, that you'd want the acrobat's boots - getting up from prone is a GREAT thing for a defender to have, because it guarantees you'll always be at the front line of the fight. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]It's practically standard procedure in L4W to provide something for everyone at first level. I'll give you all the gold totals when I tally up the XP (after you get Edith back to her uncle)[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It's practically standard procedure in L4W to provide something for everyone at first level. I'll give you all the gold totals when I tally up the XP (after you get Edith back to her uncle)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]It's a good policy! I do something similar in my own games, too.

Would it be worth checking that door we completely bypassed, earlier on?[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Once the loot has been gathered (and divvied, though we can worry about the exact mechanical aspects later), Dante grabs Hake's body and severs the head.

He then takes Hake's shirt off and uses it to wrap the head and ties it to his belt. Virgil finishes off the other boot and sniffs around Hake's feet, as if looking for more.

"These ones have completed the bath'Hake... mission?" Dante says, gesturing at the head on his belt. "Let these ones return to the other fish-man for our bath'shriekk... death-price."

[sblock=OOC]Dante is ready to go. I say we just head out, we've got what we came for...[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
"These ones have completed the bath'Hake... mission?" Dante says, gesturing at the head on his belt. "Let these ones return to the other fish-man for our bath'shriekk... death-price."

[sblock=OOC]Dante is ready to go. I say we just head out, we've got what we came for...[/sblock]

"Agreed, the rest of you are in no shape for further confrontation. Edith dear, lets get you back to your father."

[sblock=ooc]I think we're done here. Alastair will sneak ahead and head for the exit to the warehouse, making sure no one has come up behind us.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Abigail flinches as Dante removes the head. "Is that really... necessary?"

Wiping some of the blood off her arms, Abigail does a catlike stretch and then nods. "Alright. Let's go. I can't wait to wash some of this fish stench off me."

BenBrown

First Post
With Alastair in the lead, the group, accompanied by Edith, makes their way back up the passage. In the room beneath the warehouse, the fish has shifted a bit, leaving a wider passage through to the main floor. The door opposite remains closed.[sblock=Perception DC 12 (active or passive)]The position of the door, and the symmetry of the building otherwise, indicates that this double door, like the one opposite, probably leads to the lower part of the fish pit. Opening it may trigger another avalanche.[/sblock]
The main floor is much as it was. The bodies of the fallen mercenaries have been removed, probably by their comrades.

The street outside is still dark, and there doesn't appear to be any activity in the area. As soon as Edith is through the door, her cousin Victor rushes up.

"You've got her!" he yells. "Thank the gods!"

They then begin to converse quietly, as he makes sure she's okay.
"Let's go," he then says. "Uncle's waiting."

Victor leads the group back to Josiah Sturgeon's house in Mackerel Lane, and goes up and knocks on the door. Sturgeon himself opens the door, and is overjoyed to see his niece.

"Come in, friends!" he calls joyfully. "I'm so glad, and grateful to you all. Please, please, come in. I have wine, and a feast. And as promised, twenty pieces of gold for each of you."

He ushers the group in, and as Edith is swept away by various aunts to get her cleaned up and rested, Josiah Sturgeon opens a curtain to the dining room, where there is indeed wine, and a large sumptuous feast. . .

of fish.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Abigail flinches as Dante removes the head. "Is that really... necessary?"

Dante looks at Wik, then the head, then Wik again. "Without proof, how will these ones be getting the bath'shriekk?"

Later, when the are at Sturgeon's, Dante begins to pull out Hake's head, and when Sturgeon gives him the gold without even a mention of proof, Dante stares at the cloth-wrapped head in confusion.

Then he shrugs and ties it back to his belt.

He then begins to head out the door, but pauses for a moment, turns and bows to each of his battle-companions in turn. As he leaves, Virgil comes trotting in with a dead rat, sets it down next to Abigail, and looks up at Azuras for a minute. Then he coughs smoke and turns to follow Dante into the streets of Daunton.

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming this means that the adventure is at a close?[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=treat and/or reward!]

Experience
Encounter #2
Archers: 25xp x4
Goblins: 100xp x2
Mercenaries: 150xp x2
Spellcaster: 150xp
Leader: 250xp

total: 1000xp

Encounter #3
Avalanche of Fish Trap: 125xp

Enconter #4
Spawn of Gluplik: 38xp x8
Bodyguards: 125xp x2
Priest: 150xp
Lucius Hake: 300xp
Gluplik: 400xp

total: 1404

Grand Total
2529 x2 = 5058
divided by 5 = 1011 each. Ding!

plus, time xp for two and 5/6ths months = 235

Treasure

Magic Items

Leather Armor of Fire Resistance +1

Rod of Corruption +1

Rhythm Blade +1

Battle Harness Hide Armor +1

Acrobat Boots

Potion of Healing

Non-Magical Treasure
Three silver bowls worth 10 GP each

A small ivory statue of a nude woman worth 50 GP

A jeweled necklace worth 30 GP

A large ruby worth 40 GP

and of course Money!

320 GP, including that received from Sturgeon, dropped by the mercenaries, and found in the "wedding gifts"

Distribute all the above as you like.

Plus time gold for two and 5/6ths months: 179 GP each.

all, of course, pending judge approval.

Congratulations, and thanks, all. Divvy up the treasure, and take yourselves back to the tavern.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Looks like our group total is 470 gp. That divvies up to 94 gp each. If I subtract out the potion I have, that means my share is 44gp, and everyone else gets 106gp and 5sp.

Sound right to everyone?[/sblock]

Remove ads