Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
Next to where Edith Sturgeon is tied up is a pile of treasure, probably intended as "wedding gifts" for Gluplik. Several of the items are apparently magical. The monster was obviously intelligent, but it's difficult to think what he would do with any of this treasure. The magical rod or dagger he might conceivably wield, or get one of his spawn to, but the silver bowls and the boots are rather a mystery. There's also a couple of suits of armor, a large ruby, a jeweled necklace, and a small statue of a woman carved from ivory. In addition, there's a large mass of gold and silver coins.

auberon

First Post
While Alastair removes Edith's bonds, he attempts to comfort the girl.

"There, there child. Nothing to be afraid of. Just a big smelly fish with delusions of grandeur...that talked. We'll have you back to your father in no time."

He seems genuinely relieved that she's unharmed though he suspects the trauma is likely to stay with the girl for the rest of her years.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante ignores the girl completely, kneeling next to the treasure and examining it more closely.

Virgil walks over to the dead Hake, pulls the body out of the water, sniffs it a few times, coughs smoke, then pulls off the man's boot, plops down next to the water, and begins eating said boot.

Eternal54

First Post
Eraden takes a moment to survey the room as he wipes his blade clean before he sheathing it. The stained steel reminds him of how much blood was shed to save this one girl. In the corner he gnome has begun to assist the girl.

"There, there child. Nothing to be afraid of. Just a big smelly fish with delusions of grandeur...that talked. We'll have you back to your father in no time."

Eraden glanced over her, looking for any serious injuries. Other than the odd bruise and scrape she apeared to be in good health, at least physicaly. "Are you ok?" He asks as straps his shield to his back.

BenBrown

First Post
"I..." she says, still shuddering. "I'm... I'm okay. Is he gone?"
She's still rather pale and scared, but mostly at this point she looks exhausted.

The interesting items in the pile of treasure are as follows:

A suit of leather armor, a dull red color, with a bit of a flame pattern embroidered in it.
[sblock=ooc]Leather Armor of Fire Resistance +1[/sblock]
A rod of polished ebony, with a nearly undetectable fine tracery of lines.
[sblock=ooc]Rod of Corruption +1[/sblock]
A polished dagger with long quillions.
[sblock=ooc]Rhythm Blade +1[/sblock]
A suit of hide armor, with attached belts.
[sblock=ooc]Battle Harness Hide Armor +1[/sblock]
A pair of sturdy, yet supple boots.
[sblock=ooc]Acrobat Boots[/sblock]
Three silver bowls.
[sblock=ooc]worth 10 GP each[/sblock]
An ivory statue of a woman.
[sblock=ooc]worth 50 GP[/sblock]
A jeweled necklace
[sblock=ooc]worth 30 GP[/sblock]
A large ruby
[sblock=ooc]worth 40 GP[/sblock]

The rest is all coin.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante is drawn the the hide armor, picking it up and examining it thoroughly.

Virgil is drawn to Hake's other boot, pulling it off and chewing it thoroughly.

[sblock=OOC]The hide armor is on Dante's loot list. Anyone mind if I take it?[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]TREASURE! Woot! Anyone mind if abby takes the fire resisting armour? It seems tailor made for her, and all. ;)

Also, an apology on my end, too - I work seven days a week right now, and only really have time to post during my weekend job (which I'm doing right now). Hence, the drop in my recent posting. Gah. [/sblock]

Abigail's blade burns out as she hits the ground, but she is able to roll to her feet just as Hake goes down. Definitely battered and bruised, she sits on the floor, shaken. Azuras runs over her, licking her cuts and scrapes worriedly. Eventually, Abigail teeters to her feet and looks over the gear distractedly, doing her best to listen to Edith.

"Hm? Yes. That's... yeah.. that's, um... nice..." she drones on, clearly distracted by the glittering gold and the jewelry. She limps over, and gently picks up the jeweled necklace, playing with it gently.

"This is... pretty. My sister would love this."

As she's looking at the necklace, there is a loud tearing sound. Looking down, Abby sees a large rip forming underneath her right arm, going all the way down to her belt. "Bastard must have got me better than I thought. Damn. That was nice armour, too... anyone mind if I grab this suit to replace it? Call it, um, call it a finder's fee."

Abigail then starts counting the coins, a roguish glint in her eyes. Azuras helps, skittering around and seperating the coins into two piles.

Wik

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok by me. I'm not sure what on the list is meant for me, nothing really calls my attention so I will take whatever is left over.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]THat's the way packets work - four items per level for 5 pcs. The fifth item added here is a lower value item, thrown in so we each get something. I'd assume, from that list, that you'd want the acrobat's boots - getting up from prone is a GREAT thing for a defender to have, because it guarantees you'll always be at the front line of the fight. [/sblock]

auberon

First Post
Alastair plucks the ebony rod from the pile. After a moment examining it, he sucks in his breath, and the beginning of a smile creeps across his face.

"Yes, this will do...this will do nicely."

[sblock=ooc]I presume no one objects to me taking the Warlock item :)[/sblock]

Remove ads